DANGER:: DRAMA SCENE TAKE 1237890218

Is this Love even possible?

Chohee made a face as she felt the plane descend. The turbulance had made her stomach uneasy, and that did nothing to help with her worry about what was to happen next. She puffed her cheeks out and tried to force her mind to be blank, to forget about how miserable her body was, to forget that she was about to puke. She was startled when Woohyun suddenly wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close to him.

 

She smiled up at him, grateful.

 

Woohyun had always been there for her. He understood her better than anyone else.

 

Across from them, Jaehyung was staring absentmindedly out the window. He was lost in his thoughts- and his doubts. Afterall, there was no way that his loyal father could suddenly betray his closest friend, right?

 

The plane hit the ground and bounced up. Then the wheels landed harder, and rolled on the runway.

 

"I hate planes," Chohee muttered as Woohyun helped her out of her seat and down the aisle.

 

The place was flooded with the national security. Chohee couldn't help but think that if someone was to kill her, now would be the best time because it was too easy to blend in and if she was shot, everything would turn chaotic enough so that the assasin could easily sneak out. She sighed and stuck close to Woohyun.

 

The ride in the car was silent. Jaehyung was still staring out the window, and Woohyun was still busy on his phone.

 

When they pulled up in front of the president's house, Chohee bounded out her car and dashed through the doors. Woohyun and Jaehyung followed closely behind.

 

"Appa!" Chohee ran into her father's arms.

 

"Aigoo, Chohee," he pinched her cheeks. "I'm so glad you're safe!"

 

Admiral Chungsoo appeared and calmly greeted his son. Woohyun carefully observed the man.

 

The president ushered them into his office to hear about their experiences. As they told their stories from their point of view, Woohyun noticed Admiral Chungsoo frown deeply at the part where the bad guys had hinted at who their true leader was.

 

Later that day, while Chohee and Jaehyung were resting in their respective rooms, Woohyun quietly left his and found his way to the president's room. Just as he was about to open the door, he heard voices and paused.

 

"Let's do it today," someone sighed.

 

"Today it is. We'll kill him after dinner whenever he goes on his daily walk," a second man growled. Woohyun's spirits sank when he recognized the gruff voice that could only belong to Admiral Chungsoo. Before he could sneak away, the door flung open and an arm grabbed Woohyun and yanked him inside. A knife was instantly pressed against his throat.

 

"Well, well, well, who do we have here," Admiral Chungsoo smiled. "If it isn't Miss Chhee's faithful little dog." He sighed dramatically, "I suppose if anyone was to figure me out, it would be you."

 

"What do we do with him?" The other man growled. "He's seen us and heard us."

 

"It'd be a shame to spill such pretty blood," Admiral Chungsoo's eyes glinted. "We'll save him for now."

 

Woohyun glared at the man. "The president trusts you," he hissed. "You turn on him like this? After all these years? After all you've been through together?"

 

"Trust is for foolish people with foolish hopes." Admiral Chungsoo's eyes hardened. Woohyun winced as he felt the blade digging into his skin. "Be grateful I'm not killing you. Join us, Woohyun."

 

"I'd rather die than betray the president and Chohee," Wooyhun spat at the man. 

 

Admiral Chungsoo slowly wiped the spit away. "I like your spirit." Then, motioning to some of his men, Admiral Chungsoo ordered for them to take Woohyun away to where nobody would find him. "Beat him if you want to, but keep him alive." 

 

The moment Woohyun felt the blade leave his throat, he lashed out with his fists at the first man who came after him. He managed to bring three more down before he became overwhelmed. From his position on the floor, Woohyun looked up at the towering man with hatred. "You traitor." The men dragged him away to a secluded area in the large mansion. 

 

Meanwhile, up in a room on the other side of the building, Chohee was pacing across her floor. Woohyun usually always refreshed himself and then accompanied her in her room within 10 minutes of arrival. It's been over 30 minutes, and Chohee was anxious. She knocked on the door next to her and took a step back when it flew open and a clothed but freshly showed Jaehyung stepped forth. 

 

"Can... you go with me to Woohyun's room? He usually is at my room already, but he hasn't shown up yet, so I'm worried," Chohee rambled on. Jaehyung nodded and threw his towel back into the room. 

 

Woohyun's room was empty. 

 

"That's weird," Chohee muttered. "He always tells me where he's going." 

 

"Perhaps.. he's in the presiden'ts room?" Jaehyung honestly had no clue where the dude was either, but he didn't have a good feeling about what was going on. He had noticed the harsh looks his father had been given Woohyun upon their arrival, and Woohyun's words echoed in his mind. "Could he..." But Jaehyung had cut Woohyun off before he could complete his sentence. In all actuality, once Jaehyung forced himself to face the truth, he knew that his father had a high chance of being the traitor. 

 

They made their way to the president's room and opened the door to find Admiral Chungsoo sitting in the guest chair. 

 

"Ah, my son!" Admiral Chungsoo smiled. 

 

Jaehyung smiled back and placed his pokerface on. "Hi, Appa. We were just looking for Woohyun." 

 

"Woohyun? I just sent that boy on a short mission," Admiral Chungsoo lied smoothly. "He should be back late tonight or early tomorrow."

 

"Ah, is that so?" Chohee played along. Her heart was crushing to pieces. Her father had been in office long enough that she knew when people were lying. And besides, ever since 50 years ago, the presidental rules had changed. Now one man could stay in office for basically forever, unless the people call for an election or he gets impeached. Neither had happened to her father, so this year marked the... 25th year of her father being the president. She was trained and raised in hostile environments... by Admiral Chungsoo, the very man who had betrayed her father and done something to Woohyun. 

 

There was no way Woohyun would leave her side during a time like this. Chohee knew that Admiral Chungsoo was blatantly lying to her. She needed to inform her father now and find Woohyun soon. 

 

"I suppose I'll just rest in my room until dinner time then," Chohee excused herself. "Would you like to join me, Jaehyung? And tell me about your adventures in America?" 

 

She wanted Jaehyung with her right now. She trusted him, yet at the same time she didn't trust him. All she knew was that he had been sincere when he said he was going to protect her and when he said he believed his father was innocent. 

 

"Of course, Miss Chohee. Well then, I'll see you at dinner, Father." Jaehyung bowed and followed after his lady. 

 

Once out of sight, Chohee purposely spoke out loud. "I think I'll go visit father first, Jaehyung. I haven't really been able to talk to him in a while. Care to come along?" 

 

Chohee ripped a page out of the guest book by the front desk and scribbled a hasty warning to her father. When she found him in the library, she pressed it into his book and waited as he read the message.

 

"The forecast said that the weather will be really stormy tonight," Chohee mused, hoping her father would understand her hint. Luckily, the weather forecast had predicted crappy weather for the evening, so if anyone was listening in, they wouldn't be tipped off. 

 

Her father lifted his tired eyes and nodded. "I know already. I looked online today and found out. I'll have some of my men make sure the windows are closed so there won't be damage."

 

Her poor father. Chohee was heartbroken to see her father holding his head in his hands, knowing that his best friend betrayed him.

 

"The cook told me that dinner will be served slightly later tonight, at about 7 o'clock, which just happens to be when the storm hits," the president sighed. "Today is such a bad day. First men almost kidnap you, or worse- kill you, and now a storm is coming."

 

"I'll be careful during dinner, daddy," Chohee assured. "I'll see you then. I love you!"

 

The president hugged his daughter tightly. "I love you too, princess."

 

With one last look, Chohee and Jaehyung left. They were both silent as they traveled through the halls, knowing that someone could be listening to their conversation.

 

"The archery range," Chohee said suddenly. "I want to go there."

 

That was the one place where she was the only person with access to. She was the one person with the password. And right now, she was desperate to talk to someone, anyone.

 

When they were safely inside, Chohee collapsed onto the floor and cried. Jaehyung knelt beside her silently, understanding her pain, for his was a hundred times worse.

 

Chohee rose to her feet and grabbed her favorite bow off the shelves. Swinging her quiver over her shoulder, she turned to Jaehyung with a grave expression. He understood her instantly. Though she wasn't a strong fighter, no one could match her when it came to archery; she was going to go save Woohyun.

 

He noticed knives sitting on the shelf beneath the bows and he raised his eyebrow. Chohee nodded. He grabbed dual knives and spun them around in his hands. Growing up, he had loved learning how to knife fight. Now he would be putting that skill to the test.

 

They left together and headed for the first place anyone with common sense would look- the left wing of the building, the area where most people didn't venture into, the very place where a bruised and unconscious Woohyun was hanging from chains.  

 

 

 

 

~~~ 

Sorry for the slow update! D: 
Well, here we go. I at writing action, but that's what the next chapter is going to be, haha. Bear with me!

I got the whole bow & arrow / dual knives idea from the movie King Arthur ^^  I just finished watching that movie and I loved the scene where Kiera Knightely steps out of the forest with Arthur and Lancelot flanking her sides (& Lancelot had his signature two knives with him). She looked super cool, haha. 

& Yes! Admiral Chungsoo is the traitor. 
And yes, aha. Heecho is indeed Chohee's name flipped inside out. [;