Advice.

Is this Love even possible?

 

After the argument between Samantha and Kikwang died down, which resulted in Kikwang paying her ten dollars and then an extra twenty for arguing, they sat us down at the kitchen table, the two of them on one side and Eli and I on the other.

 

“First things first,” Kikwang said seriously, “are the two of you going to make this public?”

 

“There’s a lot of stress about going public, we would know,” Samantha jumped in. “Going public has its pros and cons. It’s a relief not having to hide, but then reporters think they have the right to pry into every aspect of the relationship. People will support you; others will dish out unending hate. Rumors will definitely start; some will be good while some will be horrible.”

 

“It will be hard, no matter if we’re celebrities or not. Relationships are such blessings, but at the same time, they can be extremely stressful. And when a whole nation has its eyes on you…” Kikwang brushed his hands through his dark brown hair and sighed. “I’m lucky though, to have such a great girlfriend.”

 

“Don’t get all lovey-dovey on us right now,” I rolled my eyes.

 

“You’re both making music comebacks soon, right?” Kikwang asked. “I’d advise you to wait until your comeback ends before announcing your relationship. If you want, you can wear couple bracelets or rings or whatnot, because someone will notice and bring it up, but you can deny it until later, and it might help ease the shock of your announcement. BUT, like I said, I’d wait, because some people who have no lives might start saying how the relationship is fake and it’s only for gaining attention.”

 

Samantha nodded. “You two have it easier, though, since everyone is already calling y’all a couple. But yeah, I’d stick with Kikwang’s advice.”

 

Eli and I looked at each other and agreed.

 

Later, after leaving the lovey-dovey couple alone, Eli and I went out for a late night stroll. We stopped by a store and peered at their bracelets, Kikwang’s voice echoing in our minds.

 

I held up a cute couple bracelet. Eli grinned. We didn’t even have to speak- we understood each other without words.

 

He, like the kind gentleman he is, graciously paid for the jewelry. At a store further down, he insisted on buying couple rings as well. “If we’re going to do this, let’s go all out!”  

 

I just shook my head and laughed while he looked both ways to make sure the coast was clear and slipped the ring onto my finger. He held my hand a little longer after making sure the ring fit, his eyes intense, before slowly letting go. I could feel my heart pounding.

 

We continued walking. Reporters began gathering around us. I knew that at this moment, they would be suspicious of our relationship, but it was nothing new. The public was used to us hanging out all the time.

 

“Are the two of you dating?” A reporter shouted at us. Lights flashed and I instinctively ducked behind Eli.

 

“Can you tell us more about your relationship? Is it really just friendship or has it blossomed into something more?” Another exclaimed.

 

We made no comment but simply walked through the crowd. Eli bit his lip and stuffed his hands into his pocket.

 

They followed us all the way back to my apartment where Eli bade goodbye and good night. When he gave me a hug, he whispered into my ear, “If only they weren’t here.”

 

Then he left.

 

I stepped through the doors and numbly made my way to where I lived. When the door locked behind me, I leaned against it. What did Eli mean by “If only they weren’t here”? And when he put his lips next to my ear, and the vibrations created by his voice… recalling the moment, I shivered and couldn’t help smiling.

 

Eli… was my boyfriend now. 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Sorry the update took so long! I just returned home yesterday from a business trip for the company I'm interning at this summer. 

@iamawesomeness They ended up together! Yay! LOL, but I think you totally saw this coming ahaha. & Yes! I understood your reference!! Hehehehe. 

@misoxcute She revealed it! [: The public still hasn't figured out she's Xina though, since Xina wears a mask and Xina didn't give out any personal information. I'm not sure how I'm going to write the chapter where the public finds out though... ahahah.

I'm done with working for the summer, so hopefully.. more updates..

I always say that, but I always end up with random plans and then I don't update.. :[

I'LL TRY MY BEST!