CHRISTINA & ELI :: CHOHEE & WOOHYUN

Is this Love even possible?

YOUR (Christina/ 1st Person) POV

 

I was wedged between the edge of the couch and my sister as we watched the first episode of OTW on our television, back in our apartment. 

 

After we finished filming, the guests had been invited to a special dinner as a thanks for being in the pilot episode of OTW. We ate our fill, gathered numbers, and said our goodbyes. It had been a week since then, and after an entire day of running around, I had been exhausted and spent the whole week sleeping. Filming for my drama Danger starts up again tomorrow, which meant that I would be able to see Eli again, something my sister keeps reminding me of. 

 

"Good job," Samantha commented. "I didn't think you'd be able to survive that, but you did." 

 

"I only survived because Eli woke up early," I informed her. "Zico said he didn't wake up until about 11. By then, Eli and I had already discovered our first bag of goodies at the park." 

 

"You and Eli make a good couple," Kikwang yawned from his position on the other side of Samantha. 

 

"The entire nation apparently thinks so too," I laughed.

 

Later that night, I sat at my desk, reading over my script once more. My character, Chohee, aka Kyra Lee, had just finished her first day of school. I needed to get back in character. Calming down, I forced all other thoughts from my mind as I shut my eyes. Scenes from our previous filming shot through my head, one after another. I am Chohee. I am a stubborn, daring girl who stood up for what I believed in. 

 

Sighing, I flicked my lights off and forced myself to sleep. Even in my dreams, I was Chohee. I was ready for tomorrow. 

 

When I arrived at the filming site, I was quiet and confident. Greeting the staff, who gave me smiles in return, I made my way over to the stylist and relaxed as she did her magic. Moments later, I heard Eli's voice rumble and he appeared by my side with a goofy smile plastered across his face. 

 

"Hey." He poked my cheek, something he loved to do because according to him, my cheeks were adorable. 

 

"Hey," I returned his greeting. 

 

"We have a long day of filming today," he mused as he slid into the styling chair beside me. "And we're staying at a hotel tonight, since we have to begin filming extremely early tomorrow morning as well." 

 

"We're filming this entire week." I opened my eyes and stared into the mirror. My skin had become paler and my hair was now a lighter shade of brown. My make-up and hair artist stepped away from me as the director approached. 

 

"Good morning!" 

 

"Good morning!" Eli and I rose from our chairs to bow. 

 

"I know that this week is very demanding, but on the bright side, by the time we're done this week, the drama will be almost over!" He smiled at us, his eyes disappearing into crescents. "You two have exceeded my expectations for rookie actors. I'm very proud of how much you have grown." 

 

"Thank you. It's an honor to have worked with a director as accomplished as you," I bowed. Eli echoed my praise. 

 

"If I ever need a pair of actors in the future," he winked, "I know where to go!" With that, he whirled away to check on our co-actors. 

 

"It's almost time to start rolling," a staff member called out. "Last minute preparations, bathroom runs, script memorization!" 

 

"So, Mr. Woohyun," I teased Eli, "What's it like to be so popular with the girls?"

 

"Oh, it's such a bother," he signed dramatically, "I know I'm totally good-looking, but gosh. It's like they can't get enough of me!" 

 

We burst into laughter and heads turned our way. After smiling apologetically at them, we continued our light banter as others joined our circle. Before we knew it, filming had begun. 

 

DANGER: DRAMA SCENE (THIRD PERSON POV) 

 

As Woohyun stepped out of the air-conditioned school building, he grew aware of the eyes that were nailed onto his back while he walked with Chohee. A unidentified car pulled up in front of them, and the window rolled down. 

 

"Excuse me, does a boy named Woohyun attend this school?" The man, wearing dark sunglasses, casually swept his eyes over the vast number of students who were still milling around after dismissal. 

 

"Woohyun?" Chohee tilted her head to the side, acting puzzled. "I don't think there is a Woohyun at this school. Can you describe him for me? I might have seen him around, but I'm not sure."

 

The man, falling for her acting, instantly listed out the generic description he had been given by his boss. 

 

"Mister, you do realize that you just described half of the korean male population, right?" Chohee asked. "Is there any way you can be more specific?" 

 

The man was clearly aggravated by his lack of knowledge. He muttered something in Korean to his partner and then turned to Chohee. "Then may I ask if a girl named Chohee has enrolled in this school recently?"

 

"Cho...hee?" The girl in question brought her finger to her cheek as she pretended to think. "Isn't that the name of the President's daughter?" 

 

"Yes, as a matter of fact, we are looking for his daughter." His partner jabbed him with his elbow, but he ignored it. "We were sent to be her bodyguards, but we lost connection with her once she arrived in America."

 

"She's in America?" Chohee gasped. "Are you sure? I thought I read in the news that she was planning on going to China! And oh my. She's traveling around without her bodyguard? That's so dangerous! I do hope she will be okay!" 

 

The man coughed and cleared his throat. "China? Where did you hear that from?" 

 

"There's a korean news website that I check every morning and I think I read it there," Chohee shrugged. "But oh my goodness! I really hope she's okay without her bodyguards right now!" 

 

"That's why I hope you realize how urgent this is," the man answered, "because we need to find her before anything happens."

 

"Then who's this Woohyun person you're looking for?" Chohee faked innocence.

 

"He's..." the man glanced at his partner for help. "He's... a bad boy. He's about your age- you're in high school right?- and he's extremely handsome. He has women falling for him left and right, and he uses that to his advantage. That's why, if you happen to run into him, you should call this number," he held out his phone card, "and run away from him. He would be the type to do something bad to a beauty like you."

 

Chohee gasped. "Thank you so much for warning me! I wish you the best of luck in finding her!"

 

The men drove off. Chohee opened to speak, but before she could do so, Woohyun cut her off.

 

"Kyra, ah. Copy down that number if it makes you feel safe, but throw the card away," he ordered in a stern voice. "Auntie told me the other day that a group of men are going around giving out these cards that have chemicals on them, and the chemicals make people faint. When the person faints, the criminals come back to kidnap the person. You can never trust strangers these days, Kyra."

 

"Oh, really? That's so despicable, Jay! Speaking of Auntie, let's go visit her soon, okay? I miss her. It's been a while since we've seen her. And do you have a pen and paper? I want to copy down this number, just in case I need to call them in an emergency. Thank you!" Chohee then ripped the paper up and tossed it into a trashcan outside the store they were passing by. Woohyun had directed them in the opposite direction of their house, for some unknown reason. Chohee knew that he would explain his strange actions once they were in the safety of their house, so she held her tongue and waited.

 

Sure enough, the moment they entered into their house, Woohyun relaxed, checked the security and cameras, and his computer/tv. Strange icons popped up into the air, like it was some science fiction movie. Chohee didn't understand anything that was going on, but she watched with interest. Woohyun's fingers danced over the keyboard, then waved in the air, making more things pop up.

 

After a few moments, Woohyun was satisfied and turned to face her. "Those men are dangerous, Kyra. Did you memorize their faces?" When she nodded, he continued. "Somehow those men think that our nation's precious Chohee is in America, and they're looking for her. However, they didn't seem trustworthy. The card they gave you wasn't simply a card; I recognized it immediately. It was recording our conversation the entire time and sent the information back to those men," he frowned. He switched to a lighter tone, which Chohee recognized as an attempt to throw off any listeners who had somehow managed to get by Woohyun's intricate system, even though she doubted anyone did. It was always better to be safe than sorry. "Kyra, did you ever go back to the hair salon? I remember you saying you wanted to dye your hair recently."

 

"I did a few days ago." Chohee touched her hair, which was now a lighter shade of brown. She used some nasty chemicals to turn her skin paler, and had gotten a drastic hair cut, contacts that were a brown that was slightly lighter than her natural eye color, and big, black rimmed glasses. Her style of makeup was different, and all in all, she looked like a different person. 

 

Woohyun had also undergone a transformation; he was still super handsome, but his outward appearance was different enough to the point that their pursuers would be thrown off-track, at least at their first few glances. 

 

Chohee kicked back in her chair, thinking about all the information she had learned at school today- who was going to bring trouble, who was nice enough to possibly befriend, who to stay away from... and who would become a stalker. She glanced up at Woohyun and found comfort in seeing him beside her, as he always was. 

 

"Oppa," she looked up at him. "Jay oppa." 

 

"Ne?" He turned toward her, taking a break from his confusing array of technology. 

 

"What do you think will happen tomorrow?"

 

Woohyun glanced at her, understanding her true worry, though she had yet to say it aloud. "Whatever happens, I'll be there for you." 

 

"... Thank you."