Eli & Christina :: OTW

Is this Love even possible?

YOUR (Christina) POV

 

Eli and I crouched behind the gates and, with hushed whispers, planned out our route. 

"We're in the Disneyland Park," I muttered as we glanced through the map. "This place is so huge! How are we supposed to hunt down the other couples once they arrive?" 

"I bet there are more rules to the Survivor Challenge, but they're not telling us yet," Eli sighed. "There's no way we can eliminate the other couples if our playground is this big." 

"Well, right now we're next to the Disney Gallery. Let's head for the Winnie the Pooh area first?"

We moved quickly, not knowing how far behind the other groups were. As we reached the main intersection, Eli suddenly stopped and whirled around. "Wait."

My whole body tensed. "What?"

"Earlier you said that they had a Hunger Games reference, right?" His dark eyes pierced through mine. "Right?"

I nodded slowly as I tried to comprehend what he was saying. "You mean... the actual theme of OTW today is the Hunger Games?" 

"Yeah," he picked up speed once again, this time changing the course, "they call it the Survivor Challenge, but I think it's just another name for the Hunger Games." 

I flicked the map open once more as we ran. "Where do you think they hid the items?" 

"Items?"

"In the beginning of the Hunger Games, there were useful items out in the open. Some of the people were killed while they were fighting over the stuff," I tried to remember what I had read. "And they started out with a lot of space. As time ticked on, however, the operators began forcefully closing off space, pushing the poor kids closer to one another." 

"The attractions? Maybe they hid things according to the attractions. Or perhaps they really did put everything out in the open..." Eli spun around in circles, debating on which action to act upon. "That also means that they might be shutting off some of the attractions later, so we need to check out the important ones soon." 

A name on the map caught my eye. "Innovations? Do you want to head there? Maybe they'll give us something good." 

Racing along, we reached the location in a matter of minutes. Eli entered first to make sure it wasn't some trap. When he motioned that the cost was clear, I entered in after him. 

"If I was in charge of OTW, where would I hide stuff?" I muttered to myself as our eyes scanned the room. "... Somewhere where people would least expect it. Somewhere... out in the open." Acting on an impulse, I lunged forward and grabbed the normal-looking backpack off the rack where it appeared to belong. Once I opened it, I smiled triumphantly and held out two walkie-talkies. "Just in case we get separated."

"Let's use channel two," Eli nodded at me as he clipped his walkie-talkie to his belt and pulled his shirt over it, concealing it from the eye. "Good job." 

Our hands slid over all the other items, but none of them budged. 

"We're done here," I announced, and we turned to leave. 

The siren went off in the distance. 

"Another couple is here," Eli said through gritted teeth. "We need to get moving before they figure out the true theme." 

"Next location that sounds useful..." We yanked out our maps and our fingers traveled down the list of attractions. 

"Jedi Training Academy," Eli breathed. It was close by. 

This time when we sprinted we were weary of the other couple who was now present. Making it safely to the building, we entered in a hurry. Pulling on all the items, Eli discovered extra nametags on the back of a clone. We now had two lives each. 

The next location that we tried, the Finding Nemo area, had nothing to give. 

"How many bags did they put here?" We needed to find as many as we could. 

Eli ran out of the Autopia building the same time I ran out of the Monorail building. 

"Nothing," we panted. 

"I doubt they'll place many bags near the edges. They'll probably set them near the center, where it's more dangerous," Eli informed me as we started moving again. 

What else had happened in the Hunger Games?

There was a fire. And those bee things...

Bee... bee... honey...

"Winnie the Pooh! We need to go there!" I grabbed his arm. 

"That's on the complete opposite side!" 

I glanced at him over my shoulder. "I know! But I think there's going to be something there!" 

When we reached the center, we hid in the shadows and snuck from building to building. Out of no where, Eli held out his hand to caution me and pushed me further into the darkness. 

"It's Sandara and G.O.," he whispered. We watched as the couple bickered loudly, their voices carrying well over the intense silence. 

As they blatently annouced their presence, Eli and I managed to reach the Winnie the Pooh house without giving away our location. The moment we stepped through the doors, however, lights began flashing and a different siren began sounding. 

"We need to hurry, grab the item, and go!" Eli and I split up inside and relied on our walkie-talkies to help us. Sandara and G.O. would be here soon, once they hear and see the crazy annoucer. A minute sped by, and I grew frantic. Nothing that I touched was moving. 

"Christina, Christina. It's me, Eli. Can you hear me?" 

"Eli, it's Christina. I can hear you. Did you find the item?" 

"Yeah, you won't believe it when you see it. Get out now. We'll regroup outside if we can. If we can't, meet at the Hungry Bear Restaurant." 

Just as Eli finished talking, I heard voices enter the building. Loud voices. Loud, bickering voices. I stared at my VJ (cameraman) with wide eyes. We both dove for cover behind a display table as the shadows grew larger and closer.

"G.O.! There's a reason why lights went off in this building. We need to do something here," I heard Sandara sigh.

"What if we weren't the first couple here? There could be another couple here already and they could come and take us out easily," G.O. argued.  

My hand flew to my walkie-talkie and I turned the volume down just as I saw Sandara step closer to my hiding spot. Her shadow waved its arms around as the other shadow searched the tables. 

They slowly entered into the adjacent room and once I counted to ten and they didn't show up again, the VJ and I made a mad dash for the exit. 

"Eli! Eli! Where are you?" I frantically whispered. "Sandara-ssi and G.O.-ssi are in the Winnie the Pooh place still. And-" A siren went off. "And another couple is here!" 

"I'm at the restaurant. Hurry!" 

He was by my side before I could comprehend what was happening and he gripped my wrist tightly, pulling me to some other location. By the time I realized what was going on, we were already stopped infront of a Bar-B-Q restaurant some distance away and he was holding out a piece of paper for me to see. 

It was a schedule of the rest of the day at the park and gave the times for when certain locations would be closed off. At the very bottom, in tiny font, it revealed that there were ten bags total. 

We already had three of them. 

Indeed, may the odds be ever in your favor.

 

 

 

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Thanks for the comments guys! c: 

& THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING AND WAITING FOR THIS FIC!

<3 

I hope y'all liked this update. As I was brainstorming about what I was going to do, the Hunger Games reference from the last chapter popped into my head. & I'm so glad it did. I was having a hard time deciding on what to do with this chapter & I was about take the short cut and copy a Running Man episode, but I think I like this better.

 

& Do y'all like it better with more space between the lines? Or like this, with little space between the lines?