CHRISTINA & ELI: OTW; THE END.

Is this Love even possible?

ELI'S POV (Third Person POV)

 

Eli turned and watched as his partner disappeared into the distance. He decided to head north and scope the area before it became cut off. On the way there, he encountered G.O. as the latter was snooping around. The two men eyed each other wearily. Eli lunged toward the left while G.O. swiftly dodged and countered with a jab of his own. 

 

This continued for a while until Eli heard Sandara's voice calling from a distance. He needed to get G.O. out before his partner came and complicated things. 

 

"Christina! Come here and help me!" Eli chose to bluff his way through. He noticed G.O. stiffen at the thought of having Christina appearing, even though the chances of that happening were slim. 

 

"Dara! I'm over here!" G.O. called to her without taking his eyes off Eli. 

 

Time was ticking, and Eli knew it. The area was going to be cut off soon, which meant he needed to grab a name tag and get out. Desperation took over and Eli flew forward and engaged G.O. in a fight. Hands yanked blindly at cloth, and finally both Eli and G.O. had a grip on the other's name tag. They pulled at the same time. 

 

Unfortunately for G.O., Eli had a second name tag, which meant he was still alive. 

 

As men in black came to drag G.O. away, he waved his arms and yelled for Dara to run. When she didn't appear, Eli assumed that she had listened to her partner's advice. He took the chance and made his way back south, away from the danger of a possible "fire". 

 

"G.O. OUT. G.O. OUT." 

 

Moments later, he heard, "AMBER OUT. AMBER OUT." 

 

The farther away Eli became from his previous fight, the more voices he began to hear. He drew close to a different fight, yet far away enough to remain undetected. He watched as Taecyeon and Yoona faced off against Hyuna and Zico, while Amber was being led away. Soon, Yoona was out, accompanied by, "YOONA OUT. YOONA OUT." 

 

His eyes detected slight movement in the shadows across from him, and he held his breath when he recognized his partner, Christina, as well as Sandara Park. He noticed light reflecting off something tied to Sandara's shoe, and realized that she had been caught in a "fire". Once he connected the dots, his ears could pick up the quiet tinkling of the bells. 

 

Christina began moving forward, most likely in an attempt to pull Sandara's name tag. Before she got far, however, Hyuna, from out of nowhere, threw herself at Christina and the three girls began wrestling.

 

Zico took the distraction to spring at Taecyeon, and their match began once more. 

 

Eli followed the buildings in a circle and was soon standing beside the girls. When Sandara placed her back to him, he took the opportunity to reach out and pull off her tag. A split second later, Christina pulled off Hyuna's tag. 

 

To his surprise, Sandara had a secret tag behind her name tag that read "Fire." Just as the men in black held out bells, he flashed the "burn medicine" card at them and they quickly backed off. 

 

He regrouped beside Christina and they watched as the other two remain people brawled. Christina pulled out a card and, ripping it, threw it to the ground. Bells were supplied to her and she tossed them at Taecyeon, who had emerged as the victor. The man grimaced as he tied the bells to his shoe, and with a smirk, threw his own fire card to the ground. And of course, Christina countered with her "burn medicine" card. 

 

Taecyeon turned and ran, the bells tickling, announcing his presence wherever he went. 

 

"He's the last one, right?" Christina asked Eli, who in turn, nodded. "We got this." 

 

They set out together, unafraid of what hid in the darkness now that Taecyeon had been punished by the "fire". 

 

Eli stopped short. "Wait." 

 

"What's wrong?" Christina peered into his eyes, worry evident on her face. 

 

"The wolves." 

 

Christina's eyes widened at his statement and they instantly sprinted away. 

 

"We need something here that represents the Cornucopia!" Christina shouts as they run. 

 

"The what?" Eli yells back. 

 

"It's a golden horn thing!" 

 

Eli glanced at her. "I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a golden horn here."

 

"Then there must be something big and... I don't know. A statue maybe?" Christina's eyes flicker around them, desperate. 

 

When they turned into a street, they see a smiling Key standing on the other end. The other eliminated guests file in a row behind him. 

 

"RUN!" Eli grabbed Christina's hand and pulled her toward the center of the park, to the place where he remembered seeing a statue. Sure enough, there was a statue... but were they supposed to climb it? They stood in the center, spinning wildly around in circles, looking for a way out.  Key, Amber, and G.O. appear behind them, casually walking toward their prey. 

 

Christina and Eli continued running, this time toward the entrance. With the pack biting at their feet, the surviving couple raced forward. Suddenly, a pair of men in black suits pulled out a large banner that read: "Cornucopia." Christina and Eli dove for cover behind the billowing sign and barely made it in time. 

 

From their safe spot, they watched as Taecyeon emerged from the line of shops. He had nowhere to go. Key, Amber, and G.O. were stepping toward him, and the rest were behind him. 

 

He didn't make it.