RUNNNG MAN PART 2. YONGHWA

Is this Love even possible?

 

Haha, the oh so playful Haha, let out a serious of bone-chilling laughter that rang throughout the spacious backstage.

 

“Yah, Jongkook! This way!”

 

After throwing a suspicious glare toward the stairs, Jongkook huffed and followed his team out of the room.

 

A few stories above them, Yonghwa and I uttered a breath a relief.

 

“That was close,” I whispered.

 

“Way too close.”

 

We continued our search, more desperately this time, and meticulously scanned the area. Within minutes Yonghwa leaped over toward the edge and triumphantly held up the first Haechi doll, grinning. He turned around and ran smack dab into the staircase. Holding back laughter, I silently high-fived him and returned his grin as we began our daring descend toward the bottom floor. After carefully dashing away, we huddled behind some tall objects and discussed our next move with hushed voices. I pulled out the slip of paper and glanced at the other locations of the hidden Haechis.

 

  1. Backstage staircase of dance stage.
  2. The Orchestra Pit
  3. Turtle Boat at Chungmugong Story
  4. Sejong Story Library
  5. ShinGiJeon at Sejong Story

 

We had no contact with the rest of the team because they weren’t responding to the walkie-talkie.

 

“Where to next?” I breathed, afraid to talk any louder in case the Red Team was still lingering nearby.

 

“Hello?” Jaesuk’s voice came from the walkie-talkie, startling us completely.

 

“Yah! Where did you guys go?” Yonghwa hissed, keeping his voice low.

 

“We’re in Basement 2. Are you with Christina?”

 

“Yeah. We found the Haechi.”

 

“Chincha? Good job. All right, you two stick together. And- Oh! Haha’s here! They’re in the basement! Get back!”

 

With that connection with Jaesuk cut momentarily, leaving us completely worried for the team. There was nothing we could do though.

 

Moments later, we received bad news.

 

“This is Jaesuk. Is anyone there? I got caught… Hello?”

 

Yonghwa and I glanced at each other. This isn’t good.

 

Yonghwa held the walkie-talkie up to his mouth. “Jaesuk, this is Yonghwa.”

 

“Yonghwa, at the second and third level of the theatre there are three people searching, Jongki, Jongkook, and Eunjung. Be careful.”

 

“Arraso hyung.” Yonghwa and I stared at the map plastered across the wall.

 

“Let’s go down to the basement,” he suggested. I nodded and followed him to the back stairs.

 

The moment we stepped out onto the hallway, the ominous ringing of the bells reached our ears, freezing our bodies to the core. We dashed around the corner and discovered an opening in the wall that lead to the bathrooms and hid, listening carefully for the bells. They came closer. After determining that they were standing still, most likely before the elevators, we pressed farther away and into the bathroom stalls.

 

Just as we turned around to shut the door, our cameraman accidentally fell, the crash sounding throughout the small location. We held our breaths.

 

Feeling slightly guilty, one of the cameramen snuck out to see if the Red Team had noticed. As it turns out, they had entered the elevator and the crash had happened a split second after the elevator doors closed.

 

We were safe.

 

“Chungmugong Story,” I pointed toward the sign. We nodded to each other and set off lightly, thankful for the elevators and their quick doors.

 

Unknown to us, Jaesuk had just let our mission slip to the other team. The cunning Joongki had crouched behind a door and listened while Jaesuk told Jo Kwon of our discovery of the first Haechi.

 

Not that it mattered.

We were en route to the third Haechi location, skipping the second one.

 

“If they manage to find us,” Yonghwa whispered, “take the Haechi and run. I’ll distract them.” He slipped the Haechi to me and I tucked it into my pocket.

 

“If I have to run, I’ll run. I’m fast. But if we can stand our ground and both get away, I’m staying,” I told him.

 

His head swung behind us, checking for any signs of the enemy. “No. It’s better for me to get caught than the two of us together.”

 

“Fine. But they won’t find us. Running Man loves us,” I gave a breathy laugh.

 

Our miserable little butts had been saved twice already.

 

Yonghwa was such the gentleman! Seohyun is sure a lucky girl to have him as her husband.

 

I wonder what Eli is doing right now?

 

Aish, Christina. Get a grip. Focus. Don’t get caught. Focus.

 

We only had 17 minutes left. We ran for the library and began flipping through books, looking for ones about King Sejong.

 

“Yonghwa, here!” I slid some books out and grabbed the yellow doll.

 

“Good job! We got two of them now!” His face filled with excitement and urgency. “We only have less than twenty minutes!”

 

“We found the one at the fourth location,” I announced through the walkie-talkie, not caring who heard.

 

Soon after we heard Jo Kwon announcing that he found one as well.

 

“Two left. Number five and number two,” I glanced at my partner.

 

“Since they’re down there, let’s let them find the last one. We’ll head for number two.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Yonghwa radioed the team to let them know our next destination. “We’re going for number two.”

 

I smiled and soundlessly sprinted toward the exit, making sure it was all clear. “Let’s go!”

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yay! Another update! (:

I love Running Man SoFreakingMuch <3

But I realized something.. Why did I write this episode and put Victoria instead of Eunjung?

I realized that just now as I went back to watch episode7 to get some of the details right.

My bad, haha. 

I have another story up [I finished typing it all on my computer, so it's not going to interfere with the updating speed of this fic], wanna check it out? [;

 

Forbidden Kiss

 

 

leeminhyun13 [block]  on 10-9-2011 04:23:43 says: x
OMGEE RUNING MAN! ahah. Love the show! Hahah. 
Yonghwa <3 
Can't wait the next update! ^^ LOVE the update! ^^

I just started watching it <3 I LOVE IT SO MUCH! It's so interesting, haha. YONGHWA <3
Thank you ~ 
I'm currently in love with his Heartstrings OST, Because I Miss You. His voice = <3

Jongtina [block]  on 10-9-2011 01:29:56 says: x
OMG RUNNING MAN ^^! aaah you're so talented at writing ;A;

Aww thanks! :D
Wanna give me some ideas of scenarios to write about? [It's a G Rated Household, LOL.]

AeriPark [block]  on 10-8-2011 22:08:27 says: x
Hahaha no problem! When I saw you had updated, I clicked as fast as I could xD but I know~ she's like "Bs are for average children! You are capable of so much more, blahhh~". Hahaha^-^

YAY! :D THANK YOU! 
OH I KNOW! MY PARENTS.. *sigh. Actually, my mom is surprisingly okay with it, as long as I tried my best. My dad on the other hand...