Going public?

Is this Love even possible?

 

Time flew by. My crew and I attended the MBC interview, and all went well. Everyone in my crew started to gain media attention, and a few of them actually received calls from major companies to be backup dancers with the promise of being put into a future music group. Everything was bright. I attended several more interviews and shows with the kids, and some variety shows called me up.

 

While the moment stretched and lasted for a blissful amount of time, I knew that the fun would naturally end in time. Every beginning leads to an end, but every end leads to a beginning.

 

I was four-fifths of the way finished with filming my current drama, which was ranked first in its time slot. There are only 5 more episodes to air. My music show performances for my single were drawing to a close during the next week. I had already won awards for the past four consecutive weeks, which was unheard of for a rookie, much less a foreign one.

 

I wasn’t worried about any of that- the end of my current promotion, the busy phone lines, the hectic schedule. No. I was worried about what would happen once I go back to America; I was worried about my relationship with Eli.

 

Could we be able to pull off a long distance relationship?

 

I would be returning to Korea frequently due to my popularity here, but I would definitely be staying in America for months at a time. Heck, my company was already planning my next English album and I was still in Korea promoting my Korean album. American tours would be happening in the near future, as well as an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres’s show and other similar shows. I was scheduled for a short role in Glee already. After all of that I was to have a European tour. I wouldn’t be able to see Eli for a long while.

 

Could we do it?

 

I sighed.

 

I love him. I really do.

 

These past months that I’ve spent with him confirmed my feelings for him.

 

His smile, his lame jokes, his cockiness- everything.

 

“Samantha, how do you do it?” I asked my sister. “How do you and Kikwang manage during the times you’re in America and he’s in Japan?”

 

“Honey, the internet really helps. We skype as often as possible. Granted, it’s not the same as being able to see each other face to face, but being able to see each other is enough to keep us strong during those moments. You and Eli can do it. I’ve seen y’all together, and there’s no doubt in y’alls relationship,” she replied as she tugged her suede boots on. “Trust in each other- that’s the most important thing about long distance relationships. Trust.”

 

With a smile and a wave, my sister was gone.

 

While I pondered over her wise words, my phone began buzzing. Eli was calling me.

 

“Hey,” I answered while tucking the phone between my shoulder and ear.

 

“I miss you. Can I see you soon?” He skipped the hello and got straight to the point. “I haven’t seen you much recently due to our schedules, and I really really really miss you.”

 

A smile grew on my face as I heard his words. “I’ve missed you too. I have a schedule later today at four, but I’m free until then. Can you hang out right now?”

 

“Babe, I can do anything for you. I’ll swing by and pick you up in ten minutes? I’ll plan our date, so you just worry about getting ready, okay?”

 

“Deal. I’ll see you soon!” Happiness swelled up in me and I chuckled as I headed toward my room to pick out a cute outfit. I kept my makeup on the minimum and curled my hair in loose waves. Before long, I was standing in the lobby, peering out into the street for the familiar car.

 

True to his word, he showed up in ten minutes, on the dot. I bounced out to his car with my beanie pulled down low. He greeted me with a peck on the lips.

 

“You look gorgeous,” he grinned.

 

“You look hot,” I replied with a smile. “What are we doing today?”

 

“Amusement park!” He threw up the Asian V sign with his hands and flashed a cheeky grin.

 

“You’re not worried that people will start rumors?” I raised my eyebrow.

 

He winked at me. “Rumors with you? I’d love that!”

 

“How are your promotions for your new song? I’ve watched all of your performances.”

 

“The guys want you to bring us food again,” he laughed. “You set yourself up for this by bringing food after our last four performances. Kevin wants pancakes.”

 

“Pancakes?”

 

“Yeah. He’s been craving American lately.”

 

“Sure. I’ll swing by after tomorrow’s performance, okay?” 

 

His right hand closed around mine as we stopped at a red light. “When do you want to go public?”

 

I stared out the window. “As soon as you want to.”

 

“I want to announce to the whole world that you’re my girlfriend, but I wonder how our fans will take it?” His question hung in the air.

 

Our fans.

 

As musicians, our number one priority was our fans.

 

“Junhyung and Hara have made it pretty far,” I answered. “I’m fine as long as I have you.”

 

“… those words made me really happy.” Eli ducked his head and cleared his throat. A laugh escaped my lips as I noticed his blush.

 

“What can I say? I have the best boyfriend ever,” I nudged him playfully. “You’re kind, nice, patient, dorky, handsome, cute, adorable, funny, loveable, wonderful, amazing, talented-“

 

“I’m not that amazing,” he laughed. “But thank you. I think you’re all of that times one hundred.”

 

I kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks.”

 

“You ready for some fun?” He parked the car and looked at me, his eyes twinkling with anticipation for the amusement park.

 

“After this month of crazy schedules, heck yeah!” I bounded after him as he strolled toward the entrance.

 

So what if people recognize us?

 

I slipped my hand in his and beamed up at him.

 

Then, at the entrance, in front of everyone, he leaned down and kissed me on my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YAY for Winter break! No school = I can update a lot now (: 

Please anticipate! 

<3