DRAMA SCENE: DANGER :: TIME TO RUUUUN!

Is this Love even possible?

 

A week had gone by and Jaehyung continued to sit with Chohee and Woohyun during lunch. 

 

Why? Chohee didn't know. Woohyun didn't know.

 

But the two were weary of Park Jaehyung's constant appearance in their lives. He often seemed to be dropping hints that he knew their true identities, but then he would turn around and play innocent. 

 

Yujin was still hanging onto Woohyun, much to Chohee's bitter disappointment. That chick just refused to learn her lesson. 

 

"Yah, Kyra!" Woohyun flicked Chohee on her forehead. "If you keep frowning like that, you'll get wrinkles on your pretty face." 

 

She scrunched her nose at his remark. "Oppa, what are we doing today?" 

 

It was Saturday, which meant that they didn't have to worry about school. It wasn't that Chohee hated school, but sometimes, acting like another person drained her energy. She had made new friends, though. During the first few days of school, Chohee had only conversed with the Koreans at her school, especially since her school was specifically designed for Korean, but yesterday, on Friday, she had made a new American friend. 

 

Chohee was proud of herself. 

 

But Woohyun didn't trust the girl. "Kyra, be careful of Kayla. There's something about her that's off," he whispered to her at home on Friday. 

 

All Chohee could do was sigh. She trusted Woohyun with her life, and she knew that he wouldn't say something like that without a reason, but sometimes she wanted to live life like a normal teenager. Normal teenagers didn't have bodyguards with them all the time, though she didn't mind Woohyun's company. Normal teenagers went out on the weekend with friends, and Woohyun was her only real friend. Normal teenagers didn't have strange men in black suits hunting them down. Normal teenagers didn't have a president as a father. 

 

She sighed again. 

 

Her sigh caught Woohyun's attention. Turning around in his chair, he took a momentary break from working. "What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing. Go back to your work." She turned her back on him and pretended to be extremely interested in an ant that was crawling across the surface of the dining table. 

 

From behind her, she heard Woohyun exhale slowly and the sound of his chair scraping across the floor. Soon he was leaning across the table before her. "What are your plans for today?" 

 

"No plans. I have nothing to do, like always." 

 

Woohyun regarded her with solemn eyes. "Good. Go get dressed. We're going out today." He disappeared into his room before she could open . 

 

A wide smile stretched across Chohee's face as she repeated his words in her mind. Spinning around in circles, she retreated to her room to prepare for the day. 

 

"Wear this bracelet," Woohyun told her seriously as he clipped the accessory onto her wrist. "And stay with me at all times, okay?"

 

"Okay!" Chohee was all too happy to get out of their apartment. "What are we doing today?" 

 

"You'll see." Woohyun's eyes twinkled as he drove. He pulled up to the curb and when Chohee stepped out of the car, her eyes widened in amazement and awe. 

 

She spun around to face Woohyun. "Disneyland?" 

 

"Yeah. I figured you needed a break," he smiled. 

 

She forgot all her worries as they entered into the amusement park. Woohyun led her around as they rode exhilarating rides, entered the creepy haunted house (which she totally hated because the darn people/zombies/whatever they were kept popping out at her), ate delicious carnival foods, and won adorable prizes. All in all, the day was amazing. 

 

"Jay oppa! Let's go there!" Chohee pulled on Woohyun's arm as she eyed another attraction. "Oppa?" She turned toward him in confusion when she didn't hear a response. 

 

Woohyun didn't hear her. He was tensed and focused on someone or something in the distance. Chohee understood his body language; something dangerous was coming their way. To make it less suspicious, Woohyun casually "answered" a phone call and acted like they were here to meet up with someone. He yanked her hand and quickly took off in the opposite direction toward the food area. 

 

"Oppa, what's wrong?" 

 

"The men from last time are here with others," Woohyun said through gritted teeth. They tried to make their escape, but soon Chohee spotted their hunters coming toward them. Woohyun placed himself in front of Chohee. 

 

"You two," the leader smiled. "You two are students at that high school, right? I spoke to you last time." 

 

"Ah, ne! I remember you!" Chohee placed her best smile on her face. "Did you find her?" Chohee lowered her voice as if she was trying to protect a secret. 

 

The man shook his head and narrowed his eyes. "Well, yes and no. My men and I were thinking that she might've gone under a different name here in the United States." 

 

"That'll make this a lot harder for you then," Woohyun spoke up. "You know, this happens in dramas," he shrugged, acting nonchalant. 

 

"Why did you two run away from us when you saw us earlier?" The man questioned. 

 

"Run away?" Chohee looked at him with wide eyes. "We didn't run away. Jay oppa got a call from his friend and we came here to meet him." 

 

"Yeah right," one of the men in black snorted.

 

They obviously thought that Chohee and Woohyun were the two they were looking for, which was the truth that Chohee and Woohyun were desperately trying to hide. 

 

"Where's your little friend?" Another man smirked. 

 

"Why are you guys acting like this?" Chohee frowned. 

 

"Because, President Choi's daughter," the leader lowered his voice, "it would be better if you came with us now or else we can't help but become nasty." 

 

Woohyun stiffened. "You think that Kyra is the president's daughter?" 

 

"Of course we do," the leader grinned. "That's why we are here." 

 

"You got the wrong girl," Woohyun said grimly. "Please leave." 

 

The leader's hand shot out and caught Chohee's wrist. "Give us the girl and you can go free." 

 

"First of all, give me my girl back. Secondly, how many times do I have to tell you that you got the wrong girl? This girl is Kyra Lee. If you keep bothering us, I'll have to report you as harassment to the police," Woohyun said impatiently. 

 

"Nice try," the leader snarled. "We need Chohee. If we have Chohee, the president will have to surrender. And once the president is dead, our rightful leader will be able to ascend his throne." 

 

"So… you're not the real leader?" Chohee saw the chance to gleam information. 

 

"No," the man scoffed. "Our real leader is your father's friend, the head of the nation's national security."

 

Woohyun pulled Chohee into his arms. "Well, obviously your leader needs to give you the right information. Why would your leader hold back information from you guys? This is Kyra Lee, not Choi Chohee. And we're waiting for our friend here. So if you don't want to be reported to the police, or if you don't want us to make a scene, I'd advise you to leave, now."

 

"Come with us, Woohyun. We could use you on our side," the man offered. 

 

"Woohyun? The playboy you guys mentioned last time we met? Sorry, but I'm not Woohyun. And I'm not a playboy. Kyra's the only girl for me." 

 

"Lies. Tie them up, boys!" 

 

Just as a fight was about to break out (there was no way Woohyun was giving Chohee to the traitors without one), a voice cut through the air. "Kyra! Jay!"

 

Jaehyung panted as he caught up to the two bewildered kids. "Where were you guys? I called earlier. I was looking around this area for the past ten minutes!" 

 

The men in black whispered in confusion to each other. 

 

"Oh? Did I interrupt something? Who are these men?" Jaehyung tilted his head toward them. "By the way, Kyra, I spoke to your mom and your brother before I came here. They said it'd be okay if you stayed out a little later today." 

 

Chohee and Woohyun realized that Jaehyung was covering for them. His lie was too perfect. Chohee had never spoken about her family before Jaehyung, much less introduced them to him. And the whole world knew of how Chohee's mother died when she was two, and of how she was an only child. 

 

The men in black disappeared. 

 

"We need to go," Jaehyung spoke quickly and quietly. "Now, before they realize something is up." 

 

"How can we trust you? You obviously know who we are," Woohyun asked with suspicion. 

 

"No time for this! I'll answer questions later- oh here they come again! Run!" WIth Woohyun leading the way to their car, the three teenagers raced together, conscious of the footsteps of their pursuers. 

 

"No time to stop by your house. Hopefully you guys don't have any belongings that you really need to keep," Jaehyung shot them looks. They shook their head.

 

Woohyun began pushing buttons on the car. Screens shot up on the windows as a mechanic voice spoke to them. 

 

"Master Woohyun? How may I help you today?"

 

"I need you to drive us to," he glanced at Jaehyung, who mouthed airport, "the airport. We have people chasing us."

 

"Your wish is my command, sir." 

 

With that, the car began driving on her own while Woohyun controlled the screens. Chohee and Jaehyung watched in amazement as the windows transformed into the screens much like the ones used in the Avengers. 

 

"Jaehyung, catch." Woohyun slid something across his screen and it appeared on the window next to Jaehyung. It was Jaehyung's profile. 

 

"Impressive, Woohyun." Jaehyung nodded his head in approval of Woohyun's skills. 

 

"Why the airport?" Chohee questioned. 

 

"Those men are chasing us because either they know who you are, or they realized that you're now holding vital information," Jaehyung replied as he called up his dad. He conversed in low tones, and hung up with a serious expression. "There was another assassination attempt on your father, Chohee. My father and the president already know who the leader behind the rebels is." 

 

"Your father?" Woohyun paused from his busy work to glance at Jaehyung. 

 

"My father, Admiral Chungsoo." 

 

Chohee shot up in her seat. "YOUR FATHER IS ADMIRAL CHUNGSOO? Admiral Chungsoo is like a second dad to me!" 

 

"Yeah," Jaehyung's eyes flickered over to her shocked face in amusement. "Anyways, so now we need to get to my private airplane safely, and then we have to decide our next move once we're semi-safe in the air."

 

"… Private airplane?" Chohee gaped at the guy sitting next to her. 

 

"I'm not sure if going back to Korea will be a good idea at this point, but trying to hide somewhere else probably isn't going to work as well either, seeing how they found us so fast." Woohyun looked at Chohee through the review mirror. All he knew was that he needed to keep Chohee safe. 

 

"Sir, I have detected your pursuers," the monotoned voice caught their attention. "I am attempting to shake them off our trail. We are about, approximately, ten minutes from the airport. Prepare to depart as soon as possible." 

 

"Um… Woohyun?" Chohee poked him on his shoulder. "Who is she?"

 

"The voice? Oh, this is Heecho. Heecho, this is Chohee. Heecho is," Woohyun scratched his head as he tried to think of a way to explain, "like Jarvis from Iron Man." 

 

"Ah… I see." Chohee blinked in confusion. Nope, she didn't understand. 

 

"Heecho comes with me wherever I go," Woohyun explained. "Her base is my computer back in Korea, but I can program her onto any electronics I have. Once we arrive at the airport, I'm deactivating her from the car so that she doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Oh, and speaking of deactivation, Heecho, can you please get rid of all the information on the computer back at the apartment? Thanks." 

 

"Of course sir." 

 

Chohee pursed her lips in silence. Though Heecho was a robot, Chohee was jealous of how closely she worked with Woohyun. 

 

… Chohee smacked her head. She was jealous of a robot.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Sorry I can't respond to comments or leave a nice message! I have to run, haha. I'm late ><

Have a good day!