Chapter 9: Betrayal

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what do you think of Na Ri?” Gi Bum sat at his desk and asked Jae Ho, who was called into the office a few minutes ago.

“I think she’s very beautiful, Sir.” Jae Ho answers politely and respectably.

“Good!” Gi Bum claps his hands together cheerfully. “After people heard I had captured Na Ri, they are already offering money left and right to buy her.”

“Sir, I have another idea if you would like to hear.” Jae Ho bowed. He needed to do something to keep Na Ri away from the vultures.

“Of course!” Gi Bum answered. Jae Ho went to prison without ratting Gi Bum out and from that simple act, Gi Bum had placed a lot of trust within Jae Ho.

“I think it’s too easy to just sell her.”

“Keep going.” Gi Bum leaned forward on his desk to listen more carefully.

“When things are used over and over again, they lose value.” Jae Ho had thought this out very carefully and if it goes as planned, Na Ri will be saved temporarily. “Na Ri has potential to bring us a lot of money but if we make it hard for people to get to her, her value will increase tremendously.”

Hearing that his wealth could increase, Gi Bum was more than willing to listen. “So what are you thinking?”

“I’m thinking to put her on bar and entertainment duty. That way, they can see her but can’t touch her. It will only increase their desire more.”

Gi Bum grinned, liking the idea. “Then I put her under your lead.”

Jae Ho nodded. “I will do my best, Sir.” Now that this first part of the plan is done, Jae Ho needs to sneakily get the second part finished.

“Jae Ho, do you know how many men Yong Guk has on his side?”

“Six, Sir.”

“I think it’s five now. He’s such a fool.” Gi Bum chuckles tauntingly.

Jae Ho looked up in surprise. “What happened to the sixth?”

“Na Ri was taken on his watch and Yong Guk beat the out of him before kicking him out.” Gi Bum rubbed his lip thoughtfully.

“What are you thinking about, Sir?”

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend, isn’t that how the saying goes?” He looked at Jae Ho and smirked. “Find the boy and see if he wants to join this side. He knows information that would help us knock Yong Guk down.”

***

Daehyun hides his bruised face as he eats. The looks he was getting from people were pissing him off. It’s like they never seen someone beaten up before. He looks up from his bowl of noodles to glare at the table in front of him. “Damn pieces of .” He cursed under his breath.

His table shifts and he stops chewing to look up. “Who the are you?”

“Lim Min Guk.” The young boy smiled. He had taken a seat across from Daehyun. “I thought you would like some company.”

“When did I ever say I was lonely?” He glared at the boy before going back to his food. “ off, no one has time to play with you kid.”

“Did Yong Guk do that to you?”

Daehyun slams his chopsticks on the table. “Didn’t I tell you to leave?”

Min Guk only chuckles. “You must have done something really bad to get beaten up like that.”

“Yeah well, who the cares. If they could easily kick me out then I don’t need to waste my time on them.” Daehyun clutched his chopsticks angrily. “I’m going to make them regret what they did to me.”

“What if I told you I can help you with that?”

Daehyun looks up at the young boy. “I’m tired of working with people, they only backstab.” He takes his wallet out and leaves some bills on the table. “Get lost kid.” He gets up and leaves the restaurant.

Min Guk sighs. “You’re going to be tough to crack.”

***

“What is it?” Min Guk spoke into his phone while walking down the street. He stops and smiles after hearing the reason why he got the call. “Where is he?” After getting the information, Min Guk slips his phone back into h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter