Chapter 32: Note

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Again, I woke up with the side of the bed empty. With sweet kisses we said our goodnights last night and when I wake up, it all seems like a dream. But, just the thought of the events from last night was enough to bring a smile to my face.

But, my sleepiness is scared away at the sound of loud knocks on the front door. I have grown to fear whenever there appear to be guests at this place. I waited for a moment and there they were again. My heart jumped in my chest as the harsh knocks came out of nowhere, roughly cutting through the silence. 

Was Daehyun not home? He would have been at the door already. Soon, I could hear the door open and by counting the footsteps, there was two people heading down the hallway towards Bang and my bedroom. 

Before I could find my voice, the door burst opened – telling me that whoever the person was, they didn’t intend to wait for my permission.

The person or people, I should say wasn’t anyone I recognized and the fear in me only grew. “Who are you?”

“Kim Na Ri?” 

Soon, the badges that were shown made me realized they weren’t anyone from the underground.

“Yes?” I tried to look past them and out into the hallway. “What did you want?” Where are the boys?

“Prosecutor Han told us to take you into protective custody today.” One of the two men answered me. “Please gather whatever you need before we leave.”

“Wait.” What? My mind couldn’t register the words. “I can’t leave. Who gave you permission to enter this home?” Bang always made sure to leave at least one of the boys home with me.

“No one is home and your brother is already prepared and waiting for you outside.” They continued on calmly despite the rapid pounding of my heart. 

“I hope you keep my brother safe but I can’t leave here.” I needed to be with the boys. It felt like I was abandoning them. 

“Miss Na Ri, please don’t struggle. We have orders to remove you from this home, be it hard or easy.”

“Who said you can take me?” I make my own decisions and no one has the right to.

“Bang Yong Guk, himself, pleaded with Prosecutor Han.” 

The reply and the mention of Bang made me reel with shock. I blinked in surprise as my words are caught in my mind. “No –“

Hearing my opposition once more, the officers go to the closet and gather my clothes in any traveling bags they could find. I rushed over to stop them but my efforts were useless as their hands moved strongly and quickly.

“Please, I need to stay here.” I settled for pleading with them. “Bang needs me here, we only just reunited –“ I’ve been kept from Bang and the boys for so long, I couldn’t leave again and be separated from them. 

The officer zipped the bag closed and the other grabbed a pair of shoes. Not one offered me any response as they worked faster.

“Please put these on.” One of the officers placed the shoes on the floor but I refused to budge and just kept my eyes glued on him. “Please, time is of the essence.” He repeated politely.

“I don’t know why I have to go.” I stood before them and kept my ground. 

“It’s for your own protection, Miss.” 

“The boys are enough to protect me and Bang won’t let anything happen to me.” Did my stubborn nature surprise you all? Because I think this was all new to them.

“Miss, Bang Yong Guk had requested personally to have you and your brother brought to another place with a more heavy security.” One of the officers mentions once again that it was all Bang’s idea.

“Why couldn’t he tell me himself?” How could Bang done this all on his own again. Why does he make all these important decisions by himself? What about me? Didn’t what I think matter?

“He probably thought it was best this way.”

And that response doesn’t surprise me. Fine, if that’s what Bang wanted then I’ll go. I took the shoes from the officer and placed them on my feet. With them on each of my side, we walked out of the home and I slid into the car.

“Noona, will they be okay?” Chin Ho’s face held a worried expression.

I didn’t know how to respond. I thought this was our fight but I couldn’t even stay to help. It was like this with Kang Dae – I was somewhere moping around and Bang took care of it all. I wanted it to be different this time. I wanted to be someone Bang could lean on too.

I gave Chin Ho a reassuring smile. “They’ll be fine.” I looked away before my smile could waver. Prosecutor Han and I need to have a talk. 

***

“You did what?!” Yong Guk held Him Chan as he pushed him against the wall of the building.

“There’s no reason to be angry.” Him Chan continues on calmly. “By this time, she should already be gone.”

“Did you not hear me?” The soft words left Yong Guk’s lips. “I needed her by my side and she’s gone again.”

“You should thank me.” Him Chan really did want to listen to Yong Guk but after hearing about Na Ri and Suk Yang’s meeting, he knew he couldn’t stand around any longer. “She’ll get hurt if she stays with you.”

Yong Guk stared at Him Chan in complete disbelief. What’s the point now? It’s already done and over with and if this argument drags on, it would only complicate their plans. Right now, they needed each other.

With a small push, Yong Guk lets Him Chan go. Frustrated with how things have turned out, Yong Guk ran his hands through his hair before placing his black cap back on. He opened his mouth but he didn’t know what else to say.

“You can beat me up after this whole thing ends.” Him Chan breaks the silence.

“I’m going to hold you to that.” Yong Guk replies adamantly. He turns around and heads back to the car where the rest of the boys were waiting. 

As the two settled in their seats, Daehyun leaned forward. “What took you two so long?”

“A breather.” Yong Guk answers curtly and Daehyun accepts the elder’s response and leans back into his seat once more. 

Once receiving a call, Yong Guk proceeded to drive the car to their destination. The car drove down countless roads until finally arriving in the center of large lot. Youngjae looked out the window, still unsure why they were here specifically. The area consisted of mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter