Chapter 16: Bid

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could only stare blankly as Yi Min covered my bruises and cuts with foundation again. After she was done, my skin looked flawless – not a single blemish to be seen. Exactly what the dirty bidders would have wanted.

“Are you okay?” She asked softly.

Of course I wasn’t but I felt like if I admit that, it was like I was surrendering. And I couldn’t get myself to do that. “I’ll be fine.” I said it more to convince myself than to convince her, but that’s what I needed.

Yi Min nodded and stayed silent.

There were knocks on the door before Jae Ho walked in. “Is she done yet?”

“Yes.” Yi Min answered before taking another look at me.

“Then you can go.” Jae Ho nodded towards the door. Yi Min started walking but suddenly stops to turn back at me.

“Na Ri ssi. I know you’ll put up a fight.” She speaks out and I look up at her. “I’m cheering you on.”

A small smile pulls at the corner of my lips. “Then tonight, you’ll be my strength.” She gives me a single nod before hurrying out the room. Jae Ho closes the door and walks over to me and I stand up to meet him.

“I’m surprised that this time you weren’t the reason why Gi Bum moved the bidding.”

I chuckled at the remark. “Me too.” After all this time, Yong Guk finally decided to move. Better late than never, I chuckled softly to myself.

“I know if Yong Guk knew what his actions caused. He would hate himself.”

I nodded my head. “I can imagine that.” As soon as the words left my lips, my smile disappeared. “Have you seen Daehyun?”

“He’s still alive. But worry about yourself.” Jae Ho reminds me.

There was no point in worrying about myself. I wasn’t left with many options. “Are you here to me?” I asked gently and he nodded.

“I will help you in some way, just trust me.” He says quietly and motions towards the door. I took a deep breath before Jae Ho opened the door and led me through the hallways. I would have been nervous if my hatred for this place wasn’t so strong. The noises on the other side of the wall got louder and louder as I got closer.

Girls were lined up against the wall, waiting for the door to the other side to open. Everyone, even the youngest girls were dressed up in skimpy clothing. Well this was a show and we were the acts.

“I thought I was the only one getting auctioned today.” I whispered lowly.

“Gi Bum wouldn’t give up a chance to make money.” Jae Ho stared straight ahead but spoke quietly.

“Get back to the wall.” One of Gi Bum’s goons walked by and pushed girls standing just inches away from the white wall, back against it, me being one of them. I clenched my jaw and tried my best to ignore it.

“Jae Ho!”

My heart jumped as his name was called. Jae Ho looked up.

“Gi Bum hyung wants you.”

I needed him here. Jae Ho gave me one last look before leaving me to fend for myself. My arms make its way up, crossing in front of my chest. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t cover the skin that was exposed, simply because I didn’t have enough arms to.

Soon, the loud sounds on the other side quieted down. I tried my best to listen and soon a single voice was heard.

It was starting.

I couldn’t make out what was being said but my grips on my arms grew tighter. My head snapped up in surprise hearing the door fly open. The person on the microphone was heard clearly now.

“Tonight, you’ll be meeting some very beautiful ladies – “

Cheers and claps were heard as one by one, girls were being led in. I took in a sharp breath and my heart started to relentlessly pound against my chest. I got closer and closer, the person’s voice already drowned out as I dreaded the moment when I would finally walk past that door.

Soon, it was just me left and I swallowed a lump in my throat. But to my surprise, the man placed out his hand to stop me. “It’s not your turn yet.” He closed the door in my face, leaving me there dumbfounded.

I didn’t know how long I was standing there but it felt like eternity.

Soon, there was silence and the booming voice started again. Withou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter