Chapter 11: Missing

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can do it.” I encouraged myself while looking into the mirror. If Daehyun was sent here to find me then Bang has to know where I am. And with Jae Ho on my side, I will be able to return soon. I was sure of it. So for now, I’ll do my best to just wait for Bang.

I was broke from my train of thought when there were knocks on the bathroom door.

“Na Ri, are you done?” My shift was going to begin soon.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. “As ready as I will ever be.” I walked out with my usual attire. A pair of shorts and a t-shirt. My long hair was freely let down past my shoulders since I was told to do so since men liked it that way.

“I need to tell you something before we go out there.” Jae Ho fiddled with his hands. He appeared really nervous in front of me.

“What?” There was nothing that could beat the situation I was already in.

“Try to stay out of Gi Bum’s way today. He isn’t happy and he tends to take it out on people.”

I nodded and we both walked out of the room into the club area. My heart thumped harder with each step I took. The moment Jae Ho opened the door, I was immediately hit with the smell of smoke and the loud music pounding in the background. Colorful lights flashed here and there and the number of people here at such a horrendous place was still sickening.

Jae Ho grabs my arm and pushes through the people.

“Hey, I want to pay for her tonight.” A man holds onto my arm to stop us from continuing to our destination.

“She’s not for sale.” Jae Ho sneakily pulls me away from the man’s clutches.

“Are you ing kidding?”

“No, I’m not. Go to the bar, that would be the closest you will get to her.” Jae Ho said lastly before pulling me through the rest of the people and behind the bar. He looked at me. “Don’t worry, I will be watching over you the whole night. Just stay out of trouble and do what you need to do.”

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. “I need this night to end quickly.” I walk away from him and towards the girl that I was going to relieve from the job. The way she looked made my heart ache. I wanted to say something or anything that would give her some hope that she will be saved.

Before she walked past me, I grabbed her arm.

She looked at me in shock. “W-what are you doing?”

“Be strong.” I said with a small smile. “Don’t let them break you.”

Her eyes glossed and she looked down while nodding her head, I let her arm go and she headed out before having a man grab her.

I had to close my eyes at the sight. I already had an idea of what she was going to go through tonight again. My eyes scanned the whole club-like room. This was going on right under the people’s noses and no one has an idea of what is happening at this moment.

Why are there laws when our officers and law enforcers are so incompetent?

“Give me a drink.”

I expected for the man to look out into the crowd, but his eyes followed my every move. It was unsettling and I tried my best to ignore his stare. I pushed the cup towards him and turned around so my back faced him again.

“You’re Na Ri right? Yong Guk’s woman?”

The question caused my heart to skip a beat. “If you already knew why do you need to ask?” I turned my head to look at him. It was during these times that I needed to not back down.

His jaw tightened and he gave me a pressed smile. “So it was true. Too bad you’re not for sale.”

“Stop making it sound like I’m some merchandise.”

“If you’re here. That’s what you are.” He answered back effortlessly and as much as I wanted to fight it, I couldn’t deny his words. The girls here were sold off like a piece of meat.

I leaned over the counter and stared straight at him. “I may be considered merchandise here but to me, you and all the people here are monsters. When the time comes, you will pay dearly for your actions.”

I straightened up and he smirked at my words.

“Let me go!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter