Chapter 23: Moment

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nothing else mattered at that moment as my eyes darted around. Trying to see past the darkness.

He was here. 

But, it seems no one really noticed yet.

“2 million! Going once –“ The man with the microphone stopped abruptly as Gi Bum made his way on stage. His eyes also casted over to the spot I was sure Bang was. “Sir?” The man questions away from the mic. 

“Move the spotlight into the crowd.” Gi Bum ordered, still with his eyes focused into the audience.

It may be my imagination but I can see a smile full of malice tugging at the corner of his lips. He knew it too.

The light moved from the center of the stage, filling in the darkness where the audience was seated. 

And, there he was.

My eyes now have a chance to lay sight on him. The man I have been kept from for so long. 

The crowd exclaimed at the uninvited guest and without a care in the world, Bang confidently rose from his seat, his eyes fixated on me. Soon, his voice boomed over the commotion. 

“I think I won her for the night.” 

Gi Bum cackled from beside me. “This was not how I imagined you would appear.” He was amused by how this night has turned out. “I expected more sneaky and less obvious.” 

His men started to make themselves known as they traveled through the tables and chairs to get to Bang.

That’s when the panic hit me. “Wait!” I ran forward, ignoring the throbbing pain in my limbs as I only thought of getting to Bang. How could he have shown up here in that manner? If anyone knew better, it would be Bang.

But, I didn’t get far before I was yanked back by a solid hold on my arm. 

The act of Gi Bum holding onto me was disregarded as something else called for my attention.

Before Gi Bum’s men can get closer to Bang. There, in the crowd, a large number men that were scattered throughout the seating area, stood up by their own volition. At the puzzling reaction, Gi Bum’s goons stood in their spot, stilled with confusion.

“What’s that?” Gi Bum mumbled from beside me as his eyes looked from one spot to another, his mind unable to comprehend the current situation. One by one, more men got onto their feet.

“Gi Bum, you didn’t think I was alone, did you?” Bang’s face held the contentment of how everything was working out. “That wouldn’t be fun.” And it had been so long since I heard him speak in such a tone. A very strong and assertive tone. It was also the tone that told me everything was going to be okay. 

It took seconds for Gi Bum to realize how all of this will pan out if he were to take any action.

“If your men touch me, my men have orders to shoot up this entire place.” Bang further divulged. “So, are you going to take that risk?” 

The hand Gi Bum had on my arm, gripped tighter. All of his anger transferred into the grip.

“Now then,” Bang dropped a heavy black suitcase on top of the table. “Here’s your two million and now, my prize, please.” He repeated. Gi Bum stood his ground, attempting to make no movements.

But, seeing that he was running out of options, Gi Bum unhappily pulled me off the stage and handed me over to one of his men. “Put her in the room.” 

“What if he takes her?” The man asked in surprise.

“He won’t. He won’t leave with just her.” Gi Bum decides. “Keep some men guarding.”

I didn’t even take notice of the rough handling because my mind was consumed with the thought of seeing Yong Guk again. My feet had never moved quicker as I was brought to and thrown into the room. I couldn’t even take a seat as I stood, facing the door. My body was filled with too much anticipation and excitement to patiently sit and wait.

My breaths were frantic as my eyes lay only on the door. Seconds and mere minutes felt like eternity as I waited for him to walk through the barrier that kept him from me. 

So when the door clicked opened, I was frozen still as the man I have longed for walked in. But, the space between us quickly closed as Bang rushed forward. My face pulled toward his own as he kissed me. He kissed me with every fiber of his being. 

There was just so much emotion, so much longing for one another. Everything we had endured while we were separated vanished just like that. As soon as he touched me, none of it mattered anymore and I was sure he felt the same. 

I ignored the pain from his strong arms holding me against him. That pain was so irrelevant in comparison to the happiness and relief that exuded from us. 

For a sheer second, we broke apart to just take in the sight of each other. I reached up and touched the side of his face that was now covered with gruff.  His face was partially covered due to his cap and so my hand went up to slip it off his head. I wanted to see him and he allowed me to.

My eyes were blurry with tears as I just took all of him in. “Where’s the usual clean-cut Bang?” Soft chuckles left my lips. I kept my hand there, wanting to physically feel him. I wanted to be sure that what I was seeing, was real. 

I studied his expression and my eyes carefully traced his appearance. 

His face told stories of late nights and constant worrying. 

“Is Na Ri still under these bruises?” He wanted to joke back but the words barely got passed his pained expression as he looked at me.

“It isn’t a big deal.” I tried to assure him so that he wouldn’t blame himself.

He was silent but everything about him, said he was ‘sorry’ and I didn’t need to hear it, to know.

“Want me to replace them?” He asked softly, but I didn’t know what he meant.

“You mean cover them up?” I questioned back. “Because someone here does that for me.”  I smiled slightly at the thought of Yi Min. I wanted to tell her I was right.

He shook his head. “I actually mean replace them.” 

I stared at him, my brows furrowed at his words as he led me over to the couch. He stepped backwards as I followed him. As soon as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter