Chapter 17: Visitor

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yong Guk hyung would have a field day if he saw you.” Chin Ho gave me a lop-sided smile but I was frozen in shock at the sight of him before me. His expression changes into a confused one. “Noona, why are you just standing there?”

“Is that you?” I had to be out of my mind. There isn’t any other explanation. “Stop playing tricks.”

“This isn’t a trick.” He answered amusingly.

“Chin Ho?” It had been so long since I have said that name out loud. And as the name left my lips, my eyes grew blurry and my voice cracked at the sudden rush of emotions.

“It’s me, noona.” Chin Ho stood up from the couch he was sitting on and opened his arms wide. Without waiting a second longer, I ran into him and hugged him tightly. “It must have been hard on you.” He wrapped his arms around me just as snug.

I pulled away so I can wipe away my tears. “How are you here? Were you the bidder?” I had so many questions.

“I had some help.” That was the only explanation he offered me and I didn’t care to find out the details. What mattered was that he was standing here. When he finally let go, smears of the color beige on his dark clothing caught his attention. “Noona…?”

I took a look at my arms, finding that the foundation had become uneven due to the hug. And without hesitation, Chin Ho reaches out and takes hold of my arm to take a closer look. He looks up, silently asking for an explanation and when he rubbed it with his thumbs, colors of blue and purple slowly became visible.

“It’s not a big deal.” That was the least of our problems at the moment.

He stayed silent as his eyes scanned the bruises. “…Did they beat you?” He looked up at me. He honestly didn’t know. “They laid a hand on you?” His tone growing angrier as the seconds goes by.

I shook my head, that’s not something we should focus on at the very moment. I grabbed his arm to go towards the door. As much as I wanted to drag out this reunion, I had to look at the bigger picture. I couldn’t have anyone find out about his appearance. “You can’t be here, if they find out – “

He pulled me back gently. “Noona, there’s things I need to tell you first.”

My heart raced thinking about someone walking in here to find out Chin Ho snuck in. “What is it?”

“Yong Guk hyung allowed me to come here –”

“Of course it was his doing.” I snapped lightly. “I told him god knows how many times not to get you involved and here you are…involved.”

“I begged.” He quickly answered. “The hyungs were planning on lying low for a while but after hearing about the bidding, they had to do something.” He reasoned. “You were missing for so long, and I wanted to do anything to see you, noona and the whole thing would have been blown if one of them came, they would have been easily recognized.”

“So you came instead?” I asked exasperatedly. I had experienced losing him once, I couldn’t have it become true this time. He should have stayed far away from this situation as possible. “You put yourself at risk instead?”

“It was worth it.” He answered softly. “Yong Guk hyung and the rest left without saying anything to me – they just got up and disappeared. Ever since then, I was placed under protection and no one could provide any information on where you were.”

It must have been hard on him too. Going through every day wondering the same thing – wondering where I could be. “I’m sorry Chin Ho.”

“Please don’t say sorry.” He looked at me sadly. “I should be the apologetic one.” He looked at me as if he was torn. “Noona, do you know why I’m here?”

My expression softens and I gripped his hands tightly. “You’re not here to bring me back, are you?”

Chin Ho took a second before nodding his head guiltily. “I can’t take you with me.” His head was hung and I reached to pat his cheek lightly. I blinked away the tears and gave him a comforting smile. “If I could, I would take you away with me this very moment. I really don’t want to leave you here.”

“Then I’ll be waiting for you to come back.”

He looked up at me and nodded his head. “Yong Guk hyung is coming. I promise, we’re not letting them keep you or Daehyun hyung any longer.” He held both of my hands and answered with conviction.

“Chin Ho.” I reached out to cup his cheek. “Noona already knows. So just promise me you won’t stop going to school –“

“I know.” He took a breath.

“…How are they?” I asked gently.

He gave me a smile. “They’re going crazy on doing what they can to bring you guys home.”

I nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter