Chapter 6: Secrets

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun gave me a blank look. “Why are you asking that?”

“No reason, I’m only wondering.” I defended myself. “I just want to know.”

Daehyun doesn’t say anything and studies my face. “What are you going to do when I tell you?”

I wanted to retort but it was true, what was I going to do even if I knew who was behind it? I sigh. “Never mind.” I push myself off the chair and went back to work. Once I finished, I punched out after the long day and grabbed Daehyun from the chair.

“Finally!” He breathed out and followed me out the hospital to the car. “Why do I have to do this job?” He whined and I gave him a look.

“Quit complaining, you just sat on your the whole day.”

“That’s hard work too!”

His nonsense was getting too much for me and I waved him off. He wouldn’t have to be here if Bang didn’t make everything such a big deal….well I don’t know if it really is a big deal or not.

Once we were both seated, I turned to Daehyun. “How bad is the situation?” I wanted to know what kind of trouble we were in. Someone tried to frame Bang and I haven’t been feeling safe. I just wanted one little reason to think that this storm might just pass over without harming any one of us.

Daehyun sighs and continues driving. “You have nothing to worry about.” I don’t know when the boys will realize that those simple words have never comforted me and they never will. I know they’re only trying to reassure me but they’re failing miserably at it. We get home and everyone was sitting in the living room, but there was one person missing.

“Where’s Bang?”

The boys pointed upstairs and I knew that Bang was once again holed up in his study. I walk away from them and towards the isolated room. I knock once and open the door.

“Bang?” I walk in to find him watching the TV news about the missing girls. More parents were appearing on the news report, appealing to the kidnappers to bring their children back to them. Great, I avoid it at work but come home to it anyways. Watching the devastation was causing my stomach to twist and I didn’t like it.

He tore his eyes from the TV and looked at me. “You’re home already?”

I nodded and walked over to him. “They haven’t had any leads on who is kidnapping the girls?”

He nodded.

I bit my lip. “Have you heard anything?”

“Many are looking at Kim Jae Ho, since that’s what he was caught doing.” He answered me and went back to watching it. “The number continues to increase and it’s only going to go up if they don’t find anything soon.”

Seeing the crying parents was breaking my heart. I breathed in, already regretting the words I was about to say.

“Maybe you should look into it.”

He snapped his heads towards me in surprise. “What?”

I took another look at the TV. “What I mean is that. You find the things out and you know, let Prosecutor Han know about it.” At least this way, Bang wouldn’t actually go after the dangerous people himself. “I can handle that much.” I said softly.

Bang smiled. “Remember, you’re the one that gave me the permission.”

I rolled my eyes. “It was like you were waiting for me to crack.”

He chuckled. “I was.” Then he stopped and the smile was gone. “But, I can’t call around about these sort of things.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” I looked at him and waited for him to explain. But, it didn’t take much longer for me to realize what he meant. My eyes widened in reluctance. “No way, you’re not doing that.”

He grabbed my hand to stop me. “There’s no other option.”

I sulked. “Where do you need to go?”

“Kkum.” He answered and I closed my eyes out of frustration.

“Ughh, I don’t understand why – when are you going to go?” I couldn’t gather my thoughts.

“Tonight.” He answered without missing a beat. “You can come with me if you want.”

“That’s a great idea.” I retorted sarcastically. “They weren’t great experiences when I used to go on your past trips. So no thanks.”

“But I can’t leave any of the guys home with you.”

“You don’t need to.” I quickly answered. “I won’t leave the house. Don’t make me go.” I tried to pull my hand out of his grasp but he doesn’t let go. “Yong Guk, I’m not going.”

“Na Ri.”

“You can’t make me go.” I struggled against his hol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter