Chapter 35: Over

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My breathing quickened as I hurried down the dark street. The street lamps that lined the sidewalks weren’t enough to lit up the night. 

The only sounds that I could hear were my own breathing and my fast steps tapping along on the sidewalk.

Just a bit more and I’ll be home – that’s what I kept telling myself. 

And there it is. The home came into view and I pushed the front door open to reveal a warm living room. Rather it being empty, it was filled with normal home décor. And to be honest, it was a beautiful home. One that we set up once we got a chance to.

I looked past the living room and into the kitchen. The face that welcomed me was enough to bring a smile upon my face. “I’m home.” 

With a simple t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants, Bang leaned against the doorframe that led into the kitchen. “I could have gone to pick you up.”

“I liked the walk.” The hospital wasn’t far from the home and I missed relying on myself now that I had someone else I could lean on once in a while. It was only today that I had to rush since we had plans.

I saw how he struggled to be okay with my desire to walk late at night on my own but it was a work in progress. “My wife is still stubborn.”

“Oh husband, that part of me is never going away.” I give him a bright smile before dashing upstairs. 

“Where are you going, everyone is almost here!” He rushed and called after me at the bottom of the stairs.

“I have to change! I’ll be quick!” Rushing into the bedroom that we shared, I changed out of my scrubs and clean myself up a bit before hearing the doorbell ring. They were here. I hurried back out to the stairs and looked over the railing. The six boys filed in one another and looked up to see me.

“We’re starving!” Each of their faces lit up with a smile. If I hadn’t known better, I would have thought these guys were the most normal people I have ever met. But, of course, I knew their history – and to be honest, their history is what made them the most exceptional people I have ever known.

“Then hurry into the kitchen.” I chuckled before making my way down. 

I headed straight towards Chin Ho and he allowed me to pull him into a hug. “How’s the University?”

“I’m still getting used to it but it isn’t any less great than the last.” 

I couldn’t help but be proud at how matured Chin Ho has become. The troublesome punk that got in trouble with the police once every week from before can no longer be found and in his shoes was a person who my parents would have been proud to see. 

I patted his shoulder affectionately and he left for the kitchen. My eyes then turned to Him Chan.

“How has Mrs. Bang been?” He brightly asks. 

Right, the man that I once hated when we first met and now I question how that was ever even possible. “Never happier.” I respond just as bright. He had become one of the best people for me to be around. “Hurry to the dinner table.”  I ushered him forward.

“Noona, you’ve gotten prettier.” 

Next was my favorite and always will be my favorite – Jun Hong. “Thank you Jun Hong and you’ll grow into a handsome young man.” To be truthful, he was already on his way. The boy that never once left my side after the first day we’ve met. The same boy with one of the gentlest hearts despite the odd job he found himself doing. At my comment he blushed and followed after Him Chan.
 
The two that entered in next gave me a quick wave along with a hug. Before I could say a word, Youngjae and Jong Up had disappeared to follow the scent of the delicious food waiting for them in the kitchen. Those two weren’t men with many words but nonetheless; they have accepted me and cared for me now that we’ve been through so much together.

And last but not least, the one person that I couldn’t leave out when it came to thanks. “So do I call you sister-in-law?” 

I saw the teasing smile spread across his lips. “You can’t even call me ‘noona’ so I don’t expect too much when it comes to that.” I arched my brow and folded my arms across my chest.

“Good thinking.” Daehyun chuckles. He had become someone who I could trust so deeply. Despite him not showing it, what he has done has been enough to tell me so. And to make it better, we both shared the same scars.  

“What are you doing?” I questioned him and he looked up at me with confusion. I nod towards the kitchen. “When it comes to food, you’re usually the first one there.” 

At me comment he smirks. “Then let’s hurry.” He gently grabs my hand and pulls me along with him.

As we sat around the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter