Chapter 15: Retaliation

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t sleep. I couldn’t. How could I sleep when I had no idea where they had taken Daehyun or how he was at the moment? If I asked, would they even let me treat him? Probably not.

I stayed seated at the edge of my bed. I knew what was coming up – Gi Bum still has to deal with me. I know the news about my attempted escape with Daehyun last night wouldn’t be brushed off so lightly.

I heard knocks on my door. Well there’s my signal.

Jae Ho walked in and his somber appearance did nothing but confirm what was awaiting me. “Is Gi Bum fuming?” I asked rather nonchalantly.

“He wants to see you.” Jae Ho says softly. I avoided his eyes and only nodded my head. “They’re keeping Daehyun locked up. At the moment, he’s fine but I still don’t know what they’re planning to do with him.”

“They have someone else to use as bait.” I knew they wouldn’t waste a second to reach out to Bang and taunt him. “Please try to keep Daehyun safe.” My eyes got blurry thinking about what he must be going through at the moment.

“You should worry about yourself.”

I shook my head and blinked away the tears. “What else can they do besides beat me?” I looked up at him and chuckled a little. “I know how important I am to them. Did you forget Jae Ho? My value is pretty high.” As soon as the words slipped from my lips, I clenched my teeth in scorn. Well, what am I waiting around for? I get up and walk towards Jae Ho. “I shouldn’t prolong my punishment right?”

We walked the familiar hallway and walked into the familiar dark room. The room where I was beaten the last time. Before I stepped in all the way, I heard something get thrown and it made me subtly flinch.

Yup, Gi Bum was definitely fuming. He heard our entrance and looked up at me. His eyes followed my movements as Jae Ho walked me out in front of him.

“You thought you could escape?”

My expression was blank as I just stared at him.

He made his way over to stand in front of me. “Did you think you could easily escape from me?” I knew where this anger was going to take him next and I prepared for it. He brought his hand up and I closed my eyes.

“She’s getting sold tomorrow.” I heard another voice interject – successfully stopping Gi Bum from violently lashing out at me. I slowly opened my eyes to see Min Guk staring back at me. “Our customers wouldn’t like seeing any more bruises on her.” I looked down at myself and the bruises I got from two days ago were still prominent on my limbs.

Gi Bum allowed his hand to fall down beside him but his face was still red with anger.

“Jae Ho.” He barked. “Take her away before I kill her.” He looked back at me. “Don’t you dare pull the same stunt.” He pointed at me warningly.  

Jae Ho walked over and held onto my arm.

“She is to stay in that damn room until the auction.” Jae Ho nodded at Gi Bum’s order. He walked me out of the room and I breathed out – surprised that I got off so easily.

“That could have ended worse.” Jae Ho breathed out in relief.

I didn’t answer. It wasn’t over yet.

***

The days were long since they have left me locked up in the bedroom. The only nice thing about this was the fact I didn’t have to work behind a bar, deal with the sickos that came through, or see the heart-breaking scenes of girls being forced to do what their buyers wanted.

Jae Ho hadn’t been visiting me the past two days either. The questions I had about Daehyun’s well-being were left unanswered. It was because of that unknown fact that I couldn’t sleep at night. Well, did I have any right to sleep peacefully?

I sat at the edge of my bed and just stared at the door – like if Jae Ho would magically appeared if I would stare hard enough.

I don’t know why I did it but I walked over and tried the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter