Chapter 20: Beginning

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re here.” Min Guk spoke hush words into the phone. His father listened on the other line and gave a few orders before hanging up.

Basically, Min Guk needed to do well. His father had been steadily grown more violent than how he was before and Min Guk was getting tired of it all. He certainly didn’t feel the need to go through another one of his father’s tantrum.

So, as long as this all works out, he could avoid it all. 

Min Guk focused on the small safe house, built away from the public eye. It was dark out but with the few lights that illuminated the windows, he was able to see the home and its surroundings more clearly.

On Min Guk’s signal, the few men that came along with him moved down the slope, making sure they were well hidden in the dark night. Light tapping was heard all around Min Guk, but nothing loud enough to alert the residents within the safe house.

It wasn’t long before Min Guk had his men quietly surrounding the home and when it was clear that there were no movements within the small structure, he gave a silent nod for his men to storm the place. In one swift motion, one of the men sends the door flying open.

Each person rushed in with their weapons tightly clutched and pointed at anything showing signs of movement. 

But, what welcomed them was not what they had expected to see. Each men froze out of confusion, still with their weapons aimed at the presences. 

“You’re not welcomed here.” The man gets up from the couch and his own men start to gather into the living room where their intruders stood. “This is our boss’ territory, you’re trespassing.” He wasn’t fazed by what he was seeing and nonchalantly, stood in his place. 

At first glance, you would think they had made a mistake. Min Guk’s hand with the gun, dropped to his side as he stepped forward. “Bang Yong Guk got more men?” It just couldn’t be possible that they had made any error. But, seeing all the men was questionable. As far as he knew, Yong Guk was a loner and merely had five men under him - correction, currently four. 

Min Guk’s eyes danced around the room to take note of the amount of men present. There had to be at least ten to fifteen. 

The man across from Min Guk answered, readily. “We’re Kim Suk Yang’s men.” Soon, they also make their weapons visible to Min Guk and his people to emphasize their next words. “You might want to get going, my boss isn’t happy with Gi Bum right now.” 

“You’re protecting the bastard, Bang Yong Guk?” That would be the biggest mistake. Min Guk scoffed at how the situation has turned out and held the man’s words to no importance or threat. “You’re bringing a whole lot of trouble upon yourselves.” 

“I beg to differ.” Suk Yang’s subordinate points out. “Right now, you’re in our territory.” He leans forward to reach for the piece of paper sitting on the low table. “Here’s something to take with you, when you get out.” 

He hands it over to Min Guk whose eyes flickered down to acknowledge the words written on the small lined paper. 

It’s my turn.

***

Gi Bum angrily tosses his phone across his office, smashing it as soon it made contact with the wall on the opposite of the room. He huffs as his eyes darts around the room as his thoughts raced in his mind. “That safe house held Kim Suk Yang’s men.” Yong Guk was supposed to be there. Gi Bum gritted his teeth. “Why the hell were they there?!” His eyes moved to Jae Ho who stood by the door. 

Today was supposed to end it all. He went through sources to find that safe house and again, Yong Guk was a step ahead of him. 

Jae Ho remains silent and looks up when he hears a low chuckle coming from Gi Bum. “What is it, sir?”

“He left a message for us but,” The words told to him by Min Guk ran through his mind, endlessly. “I won’t lose to him. Between Yong Guk and I, I will be the last man standing.” He would be a joke if he allowed a man like Yong Guk to beat him. 

Jae Ho didn’t entirely understand what Gi Bum was saying but from the sound of it, it seems Yong Guk found some help. Jae Ho didn't think it could be possible since Yong Guk has been hunted by many in the underground but how he did it, is a cause for some concern.

What was the price, Yong Guk?

“What are you thinking?” Gi Bum eyes Jae Ho, who has provided no opinion to the matter at hand. 

“Nothing, sir.” Jae Ho replies. He could only hope that this is the beginning of the end for all of this. He needed a way to reach out to Yong Guk. “What should we do next?”

“We’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter