Chapter 1: Catalyst

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Han Jung Woo, why am I here?” Yong Guk looked at the Prosecutor. He was placed in an interrogation room and the last time he was here, it was because of the whole Kang Dae debacle a year ago.

“We need you to give us names.” Jung Woo sat down across from him. “I’m leading a huge crackdown for corruption and what you know can help us.”

Yong Guk looked at the man in disbelief. “Do you know what you’re asking me?” Yong Guk had already stopped that life of his and he had a lot to risk now. To be honest, he doesn’t have the control he used to have. In other words, he was really vulnerable at the moment. One wrong move and it could get the boys, Chin Ho, and most importantly, Na Ri hurt. Right now, silence is his biggest weapon. They’re leaving him alone because of the very information he holds.

“I know you have names.”

“I’m not denying it.” Yong Guk stared at him. Everyone knew what kind of information he had. What he used to do required him to know such things. It was useful for blackmail. “I can’t give those up.”

Jung Woo had to think of something to get his hands on the crucial names. “We can provide protection.”

“Look, if Na Ri knew, she would give me hell.”

“Who and what are you more scared of, the law or Na Ri?”

“Na Ri.” Yong Guk answered without a moment of hesitation. He had promised Na Ri that the past was the past. With his long history of broken promises, he wanted to make sure he kept this one. He wanted to give her a normal life. “There are people still angry with me. Like you, they know I have information so they’re keeping a close eye on me. That also means they saw me showing up here and that’s more than enough to keep them on high alert.”

Yong Guk looked at the man in front of him. He wanted to help but he just couldn’t, knowing what was on the line.

Yong Guk continued. “I know what you’ve done for me, but what you’re asking now is too much.” Yong Guk sighed and he hated to do this to the person he owed his current life to but this was too much of a risk.

“There really isn’t anything you can do?”

Yong Guk thought for a moment and Jung Woo stared hard at the man in from of him. There had to be something he could do to help. “There’s a club, they’re known to have big names stop by. Most of the business is done there. If you want to find anything, it’s a good place to start.” Yong Guk broke his silence.

Jung Woo listened intently. “Where?”

“Kkum.”

Jung Woo nodded. “Thanks Yong Guk.”

Yong Guk sighs and stands up. “Please refrain from calling me in, there are inventions like the phone you can utilize.” Jung Woo chuckled at the comment. “And if Na Ri finds out about this, she’s not only going to come after me, she’s coming after you too.”

“I already know how scary she can get.” Prosecutor Han remembered when she was scolding Yong Guk during visiting hours in prison.

“Jung Woo you do know what you’re doing right? Be careful.”

Yong Guk walked out of the police station, and out through the gate, he notices a person leaning against his Honda Pilot. Yong Guk eyes the boy as he walks forward to his car. The boy couldn’t have been any older than Daehyun or Youngjae.

“Are you here to threaten me?” Yong Guk side-eyed the boy as he unlocks the door. It was no coincidence that he was standing there.

“I hope for your best interest that you kept your lips sealed.” The boy answered back with a smirk.

“Tell your boss or whoever that sent you that they have nothing to worry about.”

“That’s good to hear.” The boy smiled and straightened up. “I wouldn’t want to bring bad news back to him.”

Yong Guk didn’t know who ‘him’ was but it had to be some official who was paranoid about Jung Woo. This was what he was worried about. There were actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter