Chapter 5: Guilt

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked out of the bathroom dressed in my scrubs and found Bang sitting at the edge of the bed with his suit on. He was leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, obviously waiting for me. And I knew that look he had on his face.

“If you wanted to lock the room, you should have gotten up earlier.” I casually stated and grabbed my jacket from the closet. Though I was praying he wouldn’t do that.

“We need to talk.” Yong Guk’s stern voice rang out.

I sighed and kept my back facing him as I rummaged through my closet.

“Na Ri.” He called out again when I gave no answer.

I huffed and turned around. “What? Yong Guk, we have already been through this.” I didn’t want to hear what I already did last night.

He sat there and stared at me, his face voided of any emotion. “And we’re going to continue if you don’t listen to me.”

I ran my hand through my hair. “So what do you want to do? Keep me here? Yong Guk, since when was this house guarded with steel gates?” I heard my voice shake. “This was where Kang Dae took me.” I didn’t want to bring it up but I wanted Bang to understand. Locking me in this house is not the same thing as protecting me. “It to know but it isn’t safe anywhere Yong Guk.” If someone wanted to kidnap me, it would be just as easy like the first time.

His stoic face finally shows a bit of an emotion when I brought Kang Dae up. “What am I supposed to do Na Ri?” His voice had dropped into a whisper. Bang only knew how to control, it was his way of making sure everything worked out right. And without it, Bang was lost. “Na Ri, there is someone out there who is going to hurt you again.”

My gaze softened and I walked forward to stand in front of Bang. I reached out and held his face gently. “They can’t control us. Whoever ‘they’ or ‘he’ may be, they want to see us crumble and I refuse to let them have that satisfaction.”

Without a word, Bang wrapped his arms around me and pulled me forward. His head rested against my stomach. “At least bring Daehyun with you.”

“Okay.” I answered softly. I leaned down and kissed his head. “I’ll see you after work.” He nodded solemnly and I walked out of the room to the living room. “Daehyun, you’re coming with me.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.” He retorted but stood up anyway. “Hyung let you leave?”

“Yes Daehyun, can we go now?” It was my first day at the ER, I really can’t be late.

Daehyun looked behind him. “Are you sure he said ‘yes’?”

“Do you want to ask him yourself?”

His face held a worried expression but was gone quickly. He nodded. “Fine let’s go. What a pain in the a –“

Before he could finish that sentence, I smacked the back of his head. “I already told I’m older than you.” I walked out to the car with a grumbling Daehyun.

*Author’s POV*

“Sorry we’re late.” Him Chan said as he closed the office door behind him. It could have been faster if there weren’t so many reporters lined up at the entrance. Him Chan sat down at the desk. There was still one thing he hadn’t told Yong Guk yet. “That Min Guk kid, I saw him.” Him Chan had already knew this was going to happen. “He warned me. And I think he’s somehow behind that senator’s death.”

Yong Guk had left for the company first while the others stayed behind to go through their sources. Besides Him Chan’s news, everyone else came to the company empty handed.

“When?”

“Yesterday when I was out with Na Ri. He was watching us.” Him Chan didn’t know the extent of what the boy knew. “And we still don’t know who he is or who he is working for.”

“Hyung, who are they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter