Chapter 19: Options

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked up when I heard the metal clanking before the thick door to the room was opened. It was definitely too early for Gi Bum to make his usual unwanted visit. Soon, the person comes into view and I watch him walk by my cell.

He doesn’t say anything and we looked at each other in silence.

By this time, my body had grown numb and my wrist was covered in dried blood from the painfully tight cuff that kept me chained to the wall. “I can’t imagine the sight of me to be something beautiful.” I decided to break the silence but even speaking a few words tired me out immensely.

“Wow, I missed you.” Daehyun jumped in and Min Guk looks over into the other cell. I don’t even know how Daehyun still had enough energy to taunt the boy. Min Guk doesn’t respond and instead, walks to my cell and unlocks it. My body tenses as he steps towards me and crouch to my level.

“What do you want?” I didn’t shy away from his presence.

“Apologize and you can come back up.” Min Guk simply states and it causes me to scoff. He ignores my behavior and continues. “You don’t have to suffer like this.”

“Why are you acting? I’m not going to fall for it.” It was quite amusing to see Min Guk act like he was concerned. His behavior was out of the ordinary but I didn’t care to think why. “Instead, you should just leave me alone.” Talking was tiring and I would like to be left alone.

“Your pride is amazing.” He mumbles. “Are you still hoping Bang Yong Guk is coming to rescue you?”

“Hoping? I don’t need to hope.” I answer back quietly. “I know he’s coming and when he does, you do know what happens right?” When the only response he gives me is silence, I continued. “He’ll tear this place apart and this hell will be no more.”

“Where do you get this confidence from? It has been months. It’s time to come to some sort of sense that whatever you want to happen, it won’t.” He answers back just as calmly. “If you hear yourself, you sound crazy.”

“We’ll soon find out whose crazy soon.”

With my last words, Min Guk stands up and leaves the cell.

“You’re so crazy.” Daehyun comments when it’s just the two of us. “I can see what that jail cell has done to your head.” He chuckles.

“But, you don’t deny what I’ve said.” I give him a small smile.

“Surprisingly, I don’t.” He answers, amused.

***

“You’re crazy to be walking in here like that.”

Yong Guk comes to a stop before the man and the rest of the boys follow in after him. The attention they were receiving definitely wasn’t positive and while it seems they weren’t affected, it was slowly getting to them. “I wanted to talk to you.” Yong Guk answers, being the leader.

The countless men stood against the wall, creating a surrounding effect. If this meeting turns sour, there was no way they were leaving this place in one piece. The older man chuckled at Yong Guk’s courage. “You think I want to listen?” Like other men in the underground, Kim Suk Yang wasn’t exactly happy with Yong Guk.

Suk Yang didn’t go after Yong Guk but it didn’t mean he didn’t want the man gone. He was only trouble and a threat to anything their business did.

“I have a proposition.” Yong Guk wasn’t blindly walking into danger. He had carefully pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter