Chapter 2: Threat

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what did Prosecutor Han want?” Him Chan walked into Yong Guk’s study with the rest of the boys following him. Yong Guk looks up and glares at Daehyun, the troublemaker who looked down to avoid his eyes.

“He’s leading some corruption crackdown and knew I had information.” Yong Guk sighs and answers.

“So what did you say?” Youngjae asked out of curiosity.

“What else could I have told him? I told him I couldn’t do that.” The boys nodded and took a seat. “You guys be careful, they’re definitely keeping an eye on us.” Yong Guk warned the boys.

“Hyung, something happen?” Youngjae pried and it got the attention of the boys.

Yong Guk remembered back to yesterday about the boy. “There was someone waiting directly outside just because I showed up at the station.”

“What they say?” Him Chan leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees.

“A warning, they want me to keep my mouth shut.” He turned to Jong Up and pointed at him. “Stop with your snitching, Na Ri can’t know about this.” Jong Up nods and smiles abashedly.  Yong Guk looked down at the letter he received this morning and tossed it out in front of the others. “I got this, this morning.”

Him Chan reaches out and scans the letter. He scoffs. “They’re already threatening before anything happened and they’re using Na Ri again.”

“Hyung, what do you want us to do?” Daehyun asked now suddenly worried because Na Ri may be in danger.

“Without Na Ri knowing, keep an eye on her. And Jong Up, you’re going back to watching duty, take care of Chin Ho.”

“That’s going to be tough now, now that he’s at a University.” Jong Up mumbled but nodded anyways. “I’ll do my best.”

“What do you want the rest of us to do?” Him Chan now prepared to do whatever Yong Guk wanted him to do. He wasn’t going to sit around when his family is being threatened.

“The rest of you will do nothing.”

“What?” Him Chan blurted in surprise. “What do you mean?”

“They won’t do anything knowing full well what I can do to them.” Silence was really his biggest weapon, as long as they know Yong Guk isn’t spilling secrets left and right, they won’t touch him. “We don’t retaliate, they know better than to push us into a corner.”

“But they’re targeting Na Ri.” Him Chan quickly defended. How can Yong Guk sit by and not do anything knowing that Na Ri is at risk.

“That’s exactly why we’re not taking action. Na Ri will be the first person they target if they know we’re moving against them and I won’t let that happen.” Yong Guk felt himself get riled up. The boys fell silent after remembering what happened when Kang Dae took away Na Ri, he left her tattered. They didn’t want that happening again, ever. Yong Guk took a deep breath to calm himself down. “We need to plan accordingly. We need to be one step ahead of them.” The boys nodded and got ready to leave the room. They knew what they needed to do, they had to call in some favors and get information to see what was going on without the enemy catching onto them.  

*Na Ri’s POV*

I was walking down the hall when I noticed the huge crowd leaving Bang’s study. I rotated my jaw, the secrets were starting again. I walked forward and pushed the door open.

“What else do you want?” Bang asked without looking up.

I placed my hands on my hips as I closed the door, the sound made him look up and his expression changes to a surprised one. “Na Ri? What is it?” His tone softer than his welcoming one. I narrowed my eyes and made my way over swiftly.

“Do I need to have a little chat with my little Jong Up?” I asked him and I saw him stare straight at me without a reaction. So he has gotten better with his poker face. I nodded to myself.

“You’re welcome to.” He challenged me with a lopsided smile.

I arched my brows in surprise. Maybe I was wrong? “Then why did everyone leave here?”

Bang chuckled. “I told them about my lovely meeting with Prosecutor Han.” He stood up to make his way over to me.

“What?” I asked as he leaned to sit on his desk and pulled me forward into him.

“Nothing.” He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. “So what do you want to do about that ER job offer?” I placed my hands on his chest to keep some space between us so I can see his face.

“I’m leaning towards it.” I answered honestly and much to my surprise, he only nodded. There were no words of objections. There is something definitely going on. “What’s going on?” I looked at him accusingly.

He shrugged. “Nothing, why do you think so?”

“You didn’t argue with me about it.”

He smiled and leaned forward to peck my lips. “Yong –“ My words were cut off when he placed a hand behind my head to kiss my deeper, his other arm s around my waist to pull me closer to him. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to get lost into the kiss that sent my skin prickling. My arms found its spot around his neck so I can hold him closer. I pulled away first and stared into his eyes. I didn’t know what he was thinking but I knew he had a lot on his mind. “You did that so I would shut up huh?” I asked after I caught my breath.

“Mhmm.” Bang smirked and leaned forward to kiss me again. This time it was softer, allowing my lips to form against him and he stirred slowly against mine. As if he was treasuring every second of tasting my lips. He moved his lips away and kissed my cheek before pulling me into an embrace. “What’s going on with you?” I asked softly as I hugged him back. I felt so relax feeling his warmth but the feeling was quickly replaced with something else. I didn’t know what this feeling was that was swirling in the pit of my stomach. I knew better than to figure nothing was wrong, I felt nervous and worried. “Is something wrong?” I asked again, whispering close to his ear.

“I love you so much.”

Even after a year, those words still caused a rouse in my heart. I chuckled. “I love you too.” I nuzzled into his neck and kissed the skin exposed to me. “Yong Guk, I know that you’re worried about a lot of things and you should already know how much I don’t like you withholding things from me.” I laughed when I felt him stiffen. “But, I want you to know that I trust you.” I leaned back so I can s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter