Chapter 7: Taken

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music comes to an abrupt stop. “Ya! Hanhae!” Someone yelled and walked up the stage.

“.” The man beside me cursed under his breath. Looking at him closely, he had to be around the same age as Bang. My attention was taken away when Sae Ryun walks over and shoves Hanhae.

“The are you trying to do?”

Before Sae Ryun could scold the guy some more, Bang makes his way up and over to us. He grabs Hanhae by the collar. “Explain to me why you just did that.”

Hanhae cockily smiled. “I was curious but she’s not all that special.”

Bang pulled his arm back, ready to punch the guy in front of him and I ran to grab it. Bang never had a good temper and I just wished the guy knew. “Just leave it.” For a second, I forgot where we were. I looked to the side and saw the crowd staring at us curiously. I tugged on Bang’s arm. “Can we go?”

“Sorry, my nephew doesn’t know his place yet.” Sae Ryun gritted his teeth and glared at Hanhae.

Hanhae scoffed. “Why are you apologizing? What the hell is the big bad Yong Guk going to do? He doesn’t have influence anymore.”

Bang clenched his jaw and just by looking at him, I could tell he was getting angrier by the second. We needed to leave. Now. “Yong Guk, we’re leaving.” There was something else that we needed to discuss tonight and I didn’t want to be spending that time treating injuries if a fight breaks out.

“Na Ri, to the side. Now.”

I gaped as Bang loosened my grip on his arm and moved forward towards Hanhae again. Sae Ryun stood between the two.

“Yong Guk let’s just drop it okay?” Sae Ryun tried to calm Bang down but it wasn’t working.

Hanhae pushed his uncle aside. “How does it feel? To have this world turn on you?” He sneered.

That definitely caught my attention. “What do you mean?” My questions were about to be answered. It didn’t matter that it didn’t come from Bang, I just wanted to know what the hell was going on.

Hanhae turned his attention to me. “Your man isn’t welcomed here. No one wants a snitch around.”

“Shut the hell up.” Bang growled.

“You were the hunter and soon you will know how it feels to be hunted.” Hanhae seemed like he had a personal vendetta against Bang because there was no other reason to explain his hateful behavior towards Bang.

“What are you saying exactly?” I had an idea but I didn’t want to jump to a conclusion because the conclusion wasn’t something I wanted.

“Don’t you say a word.” Sae Ryun warned his nephew but it didn’t make him flinch at all.

“Yong Guk is getting a taste of his own medicine. People are out for his blood for what he did to them.” He turned to look at Yong Guk. “Did you think that they were going to stay in prison forever?”

My body froze. This was the explanation behind Sae Ryun’s warnings? I felt my mind spin. Bang came back to me and grabbed my hand. “We’re leaving.” He tugged me along and I blankly followed. Everything that I feared came true. “Don’t listen to him.” Bang says as he pushes through the crowd. “He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

People were after Bang. Many people. I don’t even know the number of guys he placed in prison and they were gathering? How was that even possible? I sat in the car and I didn’t even know I was shaking until Jun Hong held my hand.

“Noona, it’s going to be okay.”

I wanted to believe him, I really did. But, this didn’t sound good at all. How could they hide something like this away from me? We walked into the house and everyone immediately tenses.

“You were hiding something so important from me?”

Bang faces me and the boys stay silent at his side. “There’s nothing wrong.”

“How could you say that nothing is wrong!” I couldn’t take it anymore. “Stop downplaying how bad this situation is!”

“Are you going to believe me or someone like him?”

“But, it adds up.” My voice softens. “Everything makes sense.” On cue, everyone leaves Bang and I in the living room and went back to their rooms. Was I the only one that was worried the entire time and am I the only who knows it’s only going to get worse from here on out?

Bang walks over to me and pulls me into an embrace. “There is nothing for you to worry about.”

I didn’t struggle from his hold but reveled in the warmth. “How could you say that after you tried to get me to take off of work?”

He placed his chin on top of my head and breathed in deeply. “They just want to scare us, they have no power to do anything.”

Again, I wanted to believe it so bad but I knew better than to put my guard down.

“So I can go to work?” I asked softly against his chest.

He hummed a response. “I wish you would just stay home but yes you can.”

I brought my hands up and clutched his shirt. I told myself that everything was going to be fine and that it was just my paranoia.

But, my mind refused to allow me to believe that.

***

“Good morning.” I walked out the bathroom and watched as Bang got ready for work. The feelings of worry from yesterday disappeared when I woke up this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter