Useless

Jonghyun the Genie

Jonghyun laid on the couch, his fever burning his skin, but his insides felt cold. He shivered slightly and sighed.

Ji Eun came over and checked on him. "Are you alright?" she asked, concerned. "Did Kyuhyun coming over disturb your rest?"

"Yes." Jonghyun said curtly. "Don't have him over anymore."

Ji Eun raised her brows. "And I thought you wanted me to fall for him." she chuckled. "Sleep well then, I'll go back to bed."

A hand grabbed her wrist and yanked her onto a hot firm chest. "Ahh!" Ji Eun yelped.

Jonghyun wrapped his arms round her waist and rested her head against the crook of his neck. "I need a pillow to sleep." he mumbled.

"Yah!" Ji Eun flustered. "You did fine all this while without a pillow!" she was so afraid he would feel her pounding heart against her chest. What would she say if he heard it?

Jonghyun's rapid heart covered Ji Eun's heartbeat's sounds. He smiled to himself as he hugged her close. *I know I shouldn't be doing this. But I really like her. I can't stop even if I want to.*

"Jonghyun let me go." Ji Eun struggled. "The couch is too small for two people!"

"So we should take the bed shouldn't we?" Jonghyun smirked. He stood up suddenly, mustering all the energy he had left and scooped her up, running towards her bedroom.

He placed her gently on the bed and collapsed beside her. "Now we can sleep!" he smiled foolishly, hugging her again.

"Yah!" Ji Eun slapped his arm. "For a sick person, you seem rather strong!"

"Shhhh." Jonghyun hushed. "I used all my energy carrying you here. Now I need sleep."

No matter how Ji Eun struggled, she can't seem to get herself out of Jonghyun's strong grip. Soon she gave up and gave herself up to dreamland.

"They look so cute together don't they Hyung?" Key sighed softly.

Onew nodded. "Too bad they can't be together. If Ji Eun manages to fall for Kyuhyun, Jonghyun will be heartbroken. But if they both love each other, there's no way Jonghyun's mission will be accomplished and then they cant ever be together, human and genie."



Ji Eun woke up, feeling hot herself, after being cuddled by the feverish Jonghyun for the whole night. Her face reddened when she saw Jonghyun's firm chest in front of her, even though he had agreed to her request of wearing a shirt.

She slipped out of Jonghyun's grip and went to get ready for work. She made him a bowl of porridge even though she wasn't sure if sick genies needed to eat or not.

"Get well soon Jonghyun." she caressed his now green forehead and smiled softly.

She soon left and Jonghyun opened his eyes with a foolish smile on his face. "I will." he mumbled.

He went out for breakfast even though he didn't really need to eat. He slurped the porridge to it's last drop, savoring every mouthful.

"Is it really that delicious Hyung?" Taemin asked, salivating. "You ate all of it."

"Of course it's great!" Key rolled his eyes. "It's made by the girl Jonghyun loves!"

Jonghyun smiled foolishly. It did taste awesome because every mouth he took, he thought of the effort Ji Eun put into making the porridge and it made him happy.

*Oh god the manwhore Jonghyun seems lame in love now.* he smacked his head.

Just then, the postman came to deliver the letters and he slid the mail through the mailbox. The good maknae as always Taemin went to fetch the mail like a loyal puppy.

"Omo! There's a letter here from Kyuhyun!" he took out one, struggling, since the letter was even longer and larger than him, considering his pixie size.

Jonghyun's eyes narrowed. "Give that to me." he snapped.

Jonghyun tore the envelope open in a flash. "Err I don't think you should have done that Yeobo.." Key flinched.

Jonghyun didn't give a damn about privacy right now, he wanted to know what that idol wanted with the woman he loved. Was he going to pursue Ji Eun? Was Ji Eun going to fall for him too?

Two tickets fell out and Jonghyun eyed him. They were tickets to a children's charity concert.

He read the letter in a hurry.

Dear Ji Eun,

Attached to this letter is two tickets to the children's charity concert. The children from our orphanage are going to be performing as well, so I thought you would be interested in going too.

Don't you miss the children? They are so adorable, as you had been when you were their age.

I was thinking of adopting some children from the orphanage, if possible all of them in the future. You can be their mother and I can be their father.

That way, we can provide them with a happy family.

Though, we can make our own children as well!

Love you,

Kyuhyun, Mr Lollipop.

Jonghyun gripped the paper hard and tore it into pieces. The SHINee pixies looked at him in horror.

"What are you doing Hyung?" Taemin gasped.

"Don't stop me." Jonghyun growled as he tore the two tickets up as well.

"JONGHYUN!" Key screamed. "CALM DOWN!"

Jonghyun collapsed on the couch and buried his face in his hands.

The thought of Ji Eun marrying Kyuhyun was just killing him. Kyuhyun had the chance of a happy future with Ji Eun, but he had none.

He hated it. He was useless in her life. He couldn't do anything for her. Not anything useful at all.

"I hate myself." Jonghyun whispered, as a tear rolled down his cheek.