Found out

Jonghyun the Genie

"Jonghyun! What happened to you?" Ji Eun yelped in shock.

Jonghyun was passed out on her couch the previous night when she returned from work. She assumed he was fast asleep. Or maybe avoiding her because of the near kiss.

But the next morning when she went to check on him, she found the SHINee pixies huddled beside Jonghyun, worried expressions plastered on their faces.

The genie himself was back in his human form, shivering in cold, but his body was hot.

The genie disease in simple ordinary terms was: fever.


"What happened?" Ji Eun asked, totally shocked. Anxiety gripped her heart and she felt like worry was eating her whole.

"Hyung is having the genie disease now." Taemin sniffed, his tiny miniature sized tears falling.

"Genie disease?" Ji Eun echoed, sitting beside Jonghyun and looking at him worriedly.

"It's a disease genies will contract when they break a rule." Onew explained. "It will last for three days, it may make them suffer, but they won't have any permanent damage from it."

"What did he do?" Ji Eun asked exasperated. It pained her to see him suffering the way he did.

The SHINee pixies looked at each other. "We can't say." Onew bit his lips. "It's up to Jonghyun to decide if he wants to tell you."

"What's so secretive abou-" Ji Eun began when Jonghyun's groans broke her train of thoughts.

"Ahhh I'm so cold!!" Jonghyun moaned, shivering. Ji Eun felt his forehead and retracted her hand. "Oh god! He's literally burning up to a hundred degrees!" she yelped. "Are you sure there won't be permanent damage?"

"Yeah. All Hyung has to do is bear with it. It will be over soon." Minho assured.

"Eotteohke?" Ji Eun began bringing ice cubes, warm packs and blankets, not sure to give him warmth like he asked or cure his fever.

"Don't worry about Yeobo. We will take care of him." Key smiled. "Just go to work."

Ji Eun gazed at Jonghyun and bit her lips. She caressed his face gently. "Get well soon Jonghyun. I'll be back from work soon." she whispered.

"Mmmhhhhffff." Jonghyun mumbled, the frown on his face slightly disappearing.



"Ji Eun are you okay?" Ryeowook interrupted her train of thoughts when she drew his eyeliner out of his eye for the fourth time, and he rubbed the eye liner away.

Ji Eun blinked and noticed what she did and flushed. "Omo! I'm so sorry!" she bowed hurriedly. "I'll draw that again."

"No need to unnie." Hana came over. "You look pale. Why don't you rest. I'll take over."

Ji Eun bit her lips and nodded slowly. She plopped herself on the couch in the waiting room and the frown on her face was so deep, it might just stay there.

"Ji Eun what's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked softly as he took her hand and sat beside her. "You seem to be in deep thoughts today and you keep making mistakes. Did something happen?"

Ji Eun lowered her gaze. "My friend.. He fell ill and it seems serious. I don't know what to do. I'm so worried." her voice cracked.

Kyuhyun flinched to hear her care for another man. "I'm sure he will recover soon." he assured. "Don't worry."

Ji Eun nodded, but the frown remained deeply carved into her face. *Jonghyun...*

"Why don't you go home first?" Kyuhyun offered. "I'll ask Manager Hyung. We're almost done anyway."

Ji Eun brightened. "Okay!" she blurted. After realizing how unprofessional it seemed, she blushed and bit her lip.

Kyuhyun chuckled. "It's okay. Just go. I'll inform Manager Hyung."

Ji Eun nodded gratefully and rushed out of the door. "And Ji Eun ah!" Kyuhyun called after her.

Ji Eun stopped momentarily and looked back. "Take care of yourself too." Kyuhyun smiled.

Ji Eun nodded and ran with all her might. Kyuhyun frowned to himself. *Why is she so worried over another guy?*

Krystal gasped softly. *Ji Eun.. She likes Jonghyun Oppa too!*

"Hey Kyuhyun! Your future wife left her phone!" Siwon waved the phone around.

Kyuhyun snatched it back. "I'll give it to her!" he said hurriedly.

His hyungs chuckled. "Look at how anxious he is to get to see her!"



Kyuhyun held the iPhone 3G S in his hand as he made his way up to Ji Eun's apartment. *I hope she's home from visiting her sick friend.*

He was prepared to knock the door when he realized it was open. He could hear Ji Eun's and a few other people's voices inside.

"Jonghyun please just eat the medicine!" Ji Eun's voice pleaded. "Please?"

Kyuhyun paled. *The guy friend she was referring to is staying with her?*

"Not if you don't call me Jagiya too!" a guy's voice teased.

"Yah Jonghyun!" Ji Eun shrieked.

"Noona you should just give up!" another higher toned guy's voice giggled.

"Yeah babe." the first guy smirked. "Medicines don't work on Genies Ji Eun baby."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened in surprise. "Genie?" he gasped.