Man to man talk

Jonghyun the Genie

Taemin gulped as he and Key flew sneakily towards Ji Eun's bag. She was in the bathroom taking a bath and was unaware of what was happening outside.

Jonghyun made Taemin and Key sneak into the bedroom to steal Ji Eun's phone from her bag.

Taemin bit his lips and flew behind hyung, crossing his fingers. *God please forgive me and don't send me down to hell! I heard there isn't banana milk down there! OMG that's really hell!*

"What are you doing Taemin? Faster!" Key hissed as he zipped Ji EUn's bag open. The iPhone was heavy for the both of them and they carried the phone one on each side, puffing and panting.

"Hyung! This is bad! This is stealing! It's illegal!" Taemin whispered, obviously scared out of his wits.

"Law is for humans." Key shrugged, careful not to drop the phone. "We aren't humans so it doesn't apply to us!"

"BUT BUT BUT!!!" Taemin protested.

"SHHHH!" Key hissed. "Don't let JI Eun hear you! Just give yeobo the phone and we'll put it back as soon as he's done with it okay!"

Together, mother and son (??) carried the phone to their master: Jonghyun.

"Thanks guys." Jonghyun whispered and took the phone from them. He searched for Kyuhyun's name in Ji Eun's contacts and pressed call.

"Ji Eun ah!" Kyuhyun was obviously happy to see Ji Eun calling.

"I'm not Ji Eun. It's Jonghyun. The genie." Jonghyun hissed. He was pissed at how Kyuhyun seemed to like his girl. OKAY, maybe not HIS, but well ya know people can dream right?

"Oh Jonghyun." Kyuhyun spat in distaste. "What do you want?"

"Tonight when Ji Eun sleeps, I want to have a talk with you." Jonghyun muttered. "Can you come to Ji Eun's house after 11pm?"

"Fine." Kyuhyun nodded. He needed to have that talk with him as well. THere were a lot of questions he needed to ask.

Jonghyun smiled mildly and hung up. *I hope my desicion is right.*



"Jonghyun." Kyuhyun called, seeing the genie seated at the doorstep. Jonghyun had a blanket wrapped round his body since he was still shivering in cold.

"Kyuhyun." Jonghyun nodded. "What do you want to talk about?"Kyuhyun asked, placing his hands in his pockets.

"I wanted to tell you." Jonghyun looked into Kyuhyun's eyes with an unwavering gaze. "I'm not going to give Ji Eun up."

Kyuhyun wanted to laugh. "But you're a genie. You can't have her. DOn't be stupid."

Jonghyun looked away. "I know I'm a genie. But I also know I love her." he said sternly. "I'm going to work harder and become a human for her."

Kyuhyun's face hardened. He knew it was possible for Jonghyun to become a human. And when that happens, he was afraid Jonghyun may really just win Ji EUn's heart over.

"I'm going to leave Ji Eun in your care for the time being." Jonghyun said in a low voice. "DOn't you dare to try anything on her. I will know. When I return as a human, I'm going to take her away from you."

"Let's see." Kyuhyun smirked. "I don't think she will choose you, I'm her MR Lollipop after all."

Jonghyun nodded. "I will win her heart, just you wait." he said in a hard voice.

His gaze softened and he took a deep breath. "But until then, promise me you'll take good care of her."

Kyuhyun nodded. "Of course." he softened as well.

"Then I guess we understand each other." Jonghyun nodded. "Not very nice meeting you Kyuhyun." he smirked.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and went off. *I wonder if Jonghyun was a human, will I have a chance with Ji Eun at all?*



Ji Eun rolled about in bed, thoroughly worried about Jonghyun even though she was still mad at him. She was unable to understand the things that are going through that genie's head.

She crept out of bed to see Jonghyun sitting up on the couch instead of sleeping.

Jonghyun heard her coming and turned to look at her with a foolish gentle smile. "Why are you up?" he asked.

Ji EUn gulped, her heart racing because of that smile. "Uh.. I just wanted to..." she fumbled with her words.

Jonghyun chuckled softly and patted the seat next to him. "Come here." he smiled.

Ji Eun walked over slowly, her heart racing. She sat down gingerly when Jonghyun pulled her towards him and hugged her.

"I'm sorry." Jonghyun whispered. "I'm sorry for tearing the letter and the tickets up. I won't do it again I promise."

Ji Eun softened. "Fine. Then you're forgiven." she smiled softly. She looked at him curiously. "But why did you do it?"

"You'll understnd some day." Jonghyun grinned. He took her hand in his and caressed her palm with his thumb. "Can you take the day off tomorrow?"

Ji Eun raised her brows. "I have work! Why?"

"Please?" Jonghyun pleaded, making his aegyo face. "Just this once? For this sick person here?"

Ji Eun chuckled. "Fine fine. Just this once."

Jonghyun brightened and hugged her. "Thank you." he whispered, his heart beating loud and clear. FOR HER.