One Hour Date

Jonghyun the Genie

Jonghyun muttered the magic words and he soon transformed into a human. Many girl celebrities were eying him when they saw a hot topless guy whisking past them.

Ji Eun threw him a shirt which Jonghyun grudgingly put on. He rushed her off and they passed a movie theatre.

"We are going here?" Ji Eun asked. "But a movie lasts longer than an hour and you can't be human that long."

Jonghyun pouted. "I know!" he sighed exasperated. "There are many great rated movies here!"

Ji Eun rolled her eyes and stalked off. Jonghyun twisted his lips and ran after her, ruffling his hair embarrassed. "Ah well.. When you're sleeping, sometimes I come and catch a few scenes." he confessed.

"Should have guessed." Ji Eun mumbled under her breath. She turned to him. "So where are we going? It has already been three minutes of your hour for your information."

Jonghyun smiled widely. "The Han River!" he winked. "The ultimate lover's place!"

"I haven't been there before." Ji Eun confessed softly.

Jonghyun raised his brows. "You haven't?" he gasped. "You don't know what you're missing out on babe! Let's go now!"

He took her hand and ran. Ji Eun's eyes widened when his hand grabbed hers. This was the only other guy that held her hand besides her Mr Lollipop.

Strangely, she didn't pull away. She felt safe, protected and cared for. She liked it.

Jonghyun rushed her to the Han River in ten minutes on a cab. (Which Ji Eun paid for.)

The Han River had an amazing view, overlooking Glittery surface of the river and the lights of the city. Ji Eun gasped in surprise at the view. She had heard of the Han River's beauty but to see it for herself, it was definitely different.

"It's pretty isn't it!" Jonghyun smirked.

Ji Eun nodded, wide eyed and speechless. Jonghyun chuckled softly, amused at her child-like expression.

*She tries to be an independent woman but actually she's just like a child who needs someone to look after her.* Jonghyun softened.

"Stay here alright." Jonghyun ordered. "I'll buy us something."

"What?" Ji Eun's eyes rounded curiously. "And you don't have money to buy anyway."

Jonghyun smirked. "I know magic. Don't you forget that." he winked. "Just wait here."

Ji Eun nodded and rubbed her arms as the wind blew. She watched the view and the people around.

There were many couples around, holding hands, cuddling, and kissing. Ji Eun felt oddly out of place at such a romantic place.

Each of them had a foolish smile on their faces, a twinkle in their eyes, the happiness that seemed to stay with them forever.

An elderly couple walked past her and Ji Eun watched them. They must have been at least eighty, but they walked together, hand in hand, though each of them had to wall with the help of a walking stick.

Ji Eun bit her lip. She had never been envious of those in love, but all of a sudden, she can't help but admire how two people could stick by each other's side like that.

Suddenly, a strawberry cone appeared miraculously in front of her. Ji Eun stepped back in surprise.

"Ice cream!" Jonghyun cheered and passed her the cone.

Ji Eun raised her brows. "Are you an idiot Kim Jonghyun? Or genies can't feel the cold?" she frowned. "It's so cold now and you want to eat ice cream?"

Jonghyun smiled. "That's the whole thing." he winked. "To make you feel cold so I can do this!"

He turned her towards her river, leaning her against the railings. He wrapped both arms round her waist and trapped her in his arms while he rested his chin on her shoulder.

Ji Eun tried to pry his grip off but his hands remained firmly in place. "What are you doing?" she asked, alarmed.

Jonghyun smiled. "This is a date and people hug on dates!" he chuckled. "And don't you think this is a good way to keep warm?"

Ji Eun scoffed. Jonghyun took the melting strawberry cone from her hands and put it to .

"Eat." he ordered.

Surprisingly, Ji Eun obliged and she took a small mouth of the cold dessert. She shivered as she felt it slither down to her stomach.

Jonghyun felt her tremble and he tightened his grip around her. All at once, Ji Eun felt warm again. She wasn't sure if it was just the genie magic or was it just because of Jonghyun's presence.

Jonghyun watched as Ji Eun gazed at the view intently. A small smile played at his lips while he watched her devour the ice cream.

A strange tingling feeling passed through his entire body and his heart began beating irregularly.

*Actually...she's quite cute.* he smiled. *I can see why Kyuhyun fell for her.*

That was the shortest hour in Ji Eun and Jonghyun's life.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Just a notice!

I've decided to add another rule to the Genie Rule Book. XD

Rule Number 16: The masters can only fall in love with a full human, or the mission will not be accomplished.

HOHOHO this makes things so much more interesting huh huh huh???^^