Realisation

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun burst through the doors, panting hard. "IM SORRY IM LATE!" she huffed.

Jonghyun brightened and dashed for her, scooping her up in his arms. "I thought you weren't going to come back." he whispered, burying his face in her hair.

Ji Eun softened. "I'm sorry I'm late." she apologized sincerely.

Jonghyun smiled foolishly. "It's okay. As long as you're here."

Ji Eun smiled, touched. "Where are the others? Aren't they coming out to greet the birthday girl?" she looked round.

Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck. "Ah~" he shrugged. "They fell asleep."

Somehow, Jonghyun felt rather glad they slept. Now, he had some alone time with her.

"I'm really sorry. You must have waited for a long time haven't you?" Ji Eun frowned.

Jonghyun pressed his finger between her eyebrows and massaged the frown away. "Don't waste time on this! It's your birthday and there's only fifteen minutes left! Come on quick!"

Jonghyun pulled Ji Eun to the living room and covered her eyes along the way. "Ready?" he asked.

Ji Eun nodded, her heart beating insanely fast.

"Happy Birthday Ji Eun baby." Jonghyun whispered and let his hands go.

Ji Eun blinked in surprise at the state of her house. It had transformed into a magical beautiful place, with flowers and rainbows and balloons all over the place.

There was a fairly passable cake in the centre of the set up, with "Happy Birthday Ji Eun baby" written messily on the centre.

"I'm sorry it doesn't look good." Jonghyun bit his lip. "It's my first time cooking without the help of magic and Key."

Ji Eun turned to him with watery eyes. "You made this for me?" she sniffed.

"Yeah." Jonghyun beamed. "And SHINee helped with the decoration too."

"It's great Jonghyun. Thank you!" Ji Eun put down the bouquet of roses and packet food from the restaurant on the table and went over to hug Jonghyun.

Jonghyun's heart was beating erratically, but he stiffened when he saw what she brought home. "He gave you flowers and high class food." he mumbled.

Ji Eun followed Jonghyun's gaze. "Ah yeah. Kyuhyun ordered too much food that's why I was late!" she giggled.

Jonghyun's face hardened and he strode towards the cake he made. He grabbed it roughly and prepared to dump it in the trashcan. "It's not worth eating." he grumbled.

"Yah what are you doing!" Ji Eun yelped and stopped him just in time.

Jonghyun pouted. "Why would you want to eat something like that when you've already eaten the food Kyuhyun gave you?" he asked coldly.

Ji Eun blinked as she sensed a new emotion. "Are you... Jealous?" she asked, wide eyed.

Jonghyun flustered. "No! Pssshh why would I be.." he grumbled.

Ji Eun smiled and took the cake from his hands. "I want to eat this because you made it yourself. It beats any restaurant's food." she said honestly.

The smile on Jonghyun's face turned out to be wider than before. "Really?" he grinned.

Ji Eun took a spoon and scooped a mouthful. "HOWISITISITBAD????" Jonghyun asked worriedly.

Ji Eun pretended to think. "Not exactly good..." she frowned. Jonghyun's shoulders deflated in an instant.

"But I like it." Ji Eun smiled.

Jonghyun looked up surprised, with a bright smile. "Ready for the second part of your birthday?" he asked. "We only have 3 minutes left!"

Ji Eun nodded eagerly and Jonghyun snapped his fingers. At once, the room was lighted up by a breath taking array of indoor fireworks.

This was obviously the work of magic, but it was even better than the real thing. The fireworks lasted in the air longer than real ones and glittered in the dark. The mini indoor ones even gave off sweet smells.

"Like it?" Jonghyun asked as he sat down beside Ji Eun, who had settled on the couch to admire the view.

"It's lovely." Ji Eun smiled, her gaze fixed on the fireworks. "Thanks so much Jonghyun. This is my best birthday ever."

Jonghyun felt another surge of fireworks, this time bursting within him. He felt insanely happy, like he lost his last bit of sanity. He wanted to dance and cheer, hop around, behave like a maniac.

*They always described falling in love as having fireworks burst in you.* Jonghyun thought. *Is this it?*

"I wonder what falling in love feels like?" Jonghyun whispered.

Ji Eun turned to look at him curiously. "Didn't you fall in love before? You had so many girls before."

Jonghyun shook his head. "It's only now I realize that I never knew what's love. I never loved any of them. The feelings I had for them wasn't love."

*And it's nowhere near what I'm feeling now.*

Jonghyun looked up and saw Ji Eun's face just inches from his. He snuck his hand in front of her face and grabbed her glasses off. Ji Eun blinked, surprise.

"You shouldn't wear glasses. You look much prettier like this." Jonghyun whispered, entranced by the beauty behind those horrible things.

Her beauty wasn't comparable to any of the s he bedded. She was so much more beautiful. Breath-taking in fact. *Now I know what it feels like to fall in love.*

Ji Eun watched as Jonghyun's face inched nearer and nearer to hers. Her heart was racing faster than it has ever gone in her life, her body reacting to his every word.

*God. I'm in love with Jonghyun.* Ji Eun closed her eyes as she felt Jonghyun's breath on her lips.

Before their lips could meet, a familiar tingle ran down Jonghyun's spine and he turned back into a genie.

-----------------------------------

 

Hi! I guess you guys know about G-Dragon's scandal right? I'm really upset but I really support him cause I still think he's a talented, handsome and not to mention y artiste.

So please like this page people!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/StayStrongGD/147110325386008


Thanks and VIP's forever!