Independence or Stubborness

Jonghyun the Genie

Hana took the stack of boxes containing Super Junior's next 3 days of performance costumes. Trust me, when it's so many guys you're talking about, it amounts to a lot of clothes.

Ji Eun was left with thirty pairs of shoes to carry. Hana glanced back at Ji Eun from the top of the box she was carrying. "Can you manage unnie?" she croaked from the weight.

Ji Eun nodded. "It's okay. You go first. I'll take care of these. You start with the Super Junior member's makeup first." she shooed the younger girl away.

Hana hesitated for a while before rushing off. Ji Eun looked down at the thirty boxes of men shoes and bit her lip. *It's okay Park Ji Eun. It's only a little more than Beast's!* she cheered in her head.

She stacked the boxes into three tall stacks and proceeded to balance ten boxes. The SHINee pixies were flying around, supporting when the boxes seemed to lose balance.

Ji Eun puff and panted as she went up the stairs to Super Junior's waiting room. She placed the boxes down and prepared to go down for the rest of the boxes.

Jonghyun frowned. He had assumed that she would ask for help when she met the Super Junior members.

But this stubborn woman just intended to do everything herself.

He furrowed his brows. He must do something or that girl would just hurt her back or something somehow.

He smirked and flew into the waiting room, his gaze immediately falling on Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was looking round him anxiously for signs of Ji Eun. *Why haven't she arrived? Even Hana sshi is here..* he frowned.

Jonghyun flew to him, muttered some spells and snapped his finger. Kyuhyun blinked.

He had an urge to go down for a soda all of a sudden. It was strange how that urge came about. And he didn't even like sodas.

Kyuhyun stood up abruptly, the craving for soda was overpowering. He felt like he HAD to have it, or he would just lose his sanity.

He ran out of the room, earning concerned glances from his hyung's and rushed down the stairs to the vending machine selling sodas on the first level.

Jonghyun smirked when he saw Ji Eun passing the vending machine with the boxes covering her face. *BINGO!* he smiled. *Timing's just right!*

Kyuhyun stopped in his tracks when he saw a familiar figure walking towards him, her face hidden by the tall tower of boxes. "Ji Eun?" he gasped.

Ji Eun jumped, startled at the sudden arrival of someone she knew and tripped on her own leg. The boxes of men shoes immediately flew out of her hands and landed on the floor.

The shoes broke free from their cage and soon it was raining shoes. One right shoe, (which was meant to be Siwon's costume) fell on Ji Eun's head.

"OWWIEEE!" Ji Eun winced as the solid sole of the shoe collided with her forehead.

Kyuhyun rushed to her side, worried. "Omo! Ji Eun ah! I'm sorry for making you startled!" he rubbed her forehead. "Does it hurt?"

Ji Eun flinched and jerked away. "It's okay." she muttered, grinding her teeth inwardly from the pain.

Kyuhyun looked at the shoes strewn all around them and his eyes narrowed. "You're carrying these all by yourself?" he raised his brows, surprised by the heavy work she was given.

Ji Eun nodded and started to pack the shoes in their various boxes. Now that the shoes had dropped out of their boxes, she had to remember each member's outfit and their matching shoes.

"Yeah." she replied absent mindedly. "There's still another ten boxes over there." she pointed to another stack.

Kyuhyun frowned. This wasn't right. To let a woman, such a pretty (but stern) one at that carry so many things that even a man would cringe.

"I'll help you." Kyuhyun offered and began packing the boxes for her. Ji Eun blinked. She wasn't used to help given to her at all. She was used to doing everything herself.

Help and care? That was something she was afraid of. Because it would just hurt when it wad taken away.

"Its okay Kyuhyun sshi. I can manage." she said in a low voice. "You can go back to have your makeup done by Hana first."

Kyuhyun frowned. Why was this woman so distant?

"Come on, I'm a guy. It'll be easier for me to carry these anyway." he convinced and began taking the boxes from her.

Ji Eun held on to them firmly. "I said I can manage Kyuhyun sshi. Thank you." she frowned.

Kyuhyun pouted and pulled the boxes of her grip. "I insist Ji Eun ah!" he exclaimed. "I want to help you so just let me!"

Ji Eun burst. She was getting annoyed at this insistent man. Didn't he hear she didn't need help?

"KYUHYUN SSHI!" she yelled. Kyuhyun shut his mouth instantly.

"I told you I don't need help!" Ji Eun exclaimed in exasperation. "I don't need your help so please do not bother. Please return to Super Junior's waiting room." she huffed.

Kyuhyun pouted but he could tell she really meant what she said. He nodded reluctantly and went back up.

He glanced down at her and saw her kneeling on the floor, picking up the shoes. *Why are you so stubborn Park Ji Eun?*

Jonghyun frowned deeply as he watched Ji Eun work. "Yah!" he growled. "I sent him here to help you and you turn him away! What's this!" he exclaimed frustratedly.

"You sent him?" Ji Eun raised her brows. "But I don't need help!" she protested.

"But you're a girl-" Jonghyun continued.

"And I'm perfectly capable of doing something like this." she finished determinedly. "I don't want to depend in others so don't interfere. I can manage."

With that, she took the boxes and walked off.