The Lamp

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun tapped her feet impatiently and pushed up her glasses as she waited for the lift. She gazed at her own reflection that was reflected on the lift door.

She was dressed prim and proper as always, professional and all in black. In other words, cold.

She didn't let anyone get any chance to get close to her if she could help it. Hana was the only person that could keep up a conversation of maximum five minutes with her.

Bruised was her ego and her confidence. She didn't want to let anyone near her, because it would just hurt when they leave.

Ji Eun sighed as she stepped into the lift. She was going to have to brace herself for the chaos in a male dorm with six hyperactive males.

She knocked on the door tiredly and it was thrown open before a cute face popped out. "Omo! Ji Eun Noona!" Yoseob squealed in delight.

"Eh? Ji Eun Noona?" Dongwoon rushed to the door in surprise. "What are you doing here Ji Eun Noona?"

Ji Eun smiled a half smile. "I have your costumes for tomorrow. I have to leave them with you for tomorrow cause your coordi won't be around and I might be late for the Music Bank performance." she explained professionally.

Ji Eun handed the bag of clothes to Yoseob whose mouth formed an 'O'.

"Come in Ji Eun Noona! Have a cup of tea before you go!" Kikwang popped his head out too.

Ji Eun took a step back. *This was what I was afraid of.*

She smiled mildly. "It's okay. It's running late and I don't want to trouble you."

Dongwoon and Kikwang both took one of her hand and pulled her in. "It's no trouble at all! It's our honor for our makeup artist visit!" Dongwoon chirped as he pulled her to sit on the couch.

"And especially Doojoon Hyung will kill us if we didn't let him know you visited." Hyunseung muttered under his breath.

Ji Eun bit her lip and accepted the tea. *This is going to be a long night with these hyperactive boys.* she sighed.

"DOOJOON HYUNG YOUR CRUSH IS HERE!" Yoseob hollered loudly.

"SHUT UP IM BUSY NOW!" Doojoon roared from the room.

The rest of the Beast members grew silent. Boy was Doojoon going to regret later on.

They could hear Doojoon and Junhyung arguing in the room. Every single word.

"Yah! I'm your Hyung just tell me!" Doojoon was heard to be pleading. "I want to court Ji Eun sshi successfully too!"

Ji Eun grew red. *So that's what they were arguing about?*

"Tell me who helped you! Maybe he can help me too!" Doojoon whined.

"No one helped me!" Junhyung protested. "I just confessed to Hara and we got together! That's that!"

"No you didn't!" Doojoon growled. "I remember you saying you got some help and you'll repay him when you kiss Hara!"

"I don't remember anything like that!" Junhyung protested, sounding utterly confused.

Beast sat with Ji Eun, embarrassed by their hyung's behavior. "Hehe I better tell them you're here again." Kikwang squeaked meekly and went to the room.

He knocked on the door timidly. "Hyungs! Ji Eun sshi is here!" he hissed.

There was the sound of things toppling and the door was soon thrown open. Doojoon rushed out with his disarrayed hair and flustered expression.

"Ji Eun sshi!" Doojoon smiled widely. "You're here!"

Ji Eun smiled and stood up. "And about to go." she said politely. "Thank you for the tea guys but it's late so I'll get going. Good luck for your performance tomorrow."

"Don't go so fast!" Doojoon protested. "Why don't you have another cup of tea? Or let's have a midnight movie marathon? Or should we have some celebrity-makeup artist bonding time?" he asked desperate.

Ji Eun shook her head firmly. "I really have to go. Goodnight Beast." she nodded and walked out.

Doojoon dropped on the couch dejectedly. *What must I do to make her open up to me?*

Ji Eun sighed. She didn't feel good as well, being so cold. But she didn't want anyone to get too close to her. It isn't safe at all.

While pondering on these and walking, she suddenly spotted something shiny and golden on the floor. She walked to it curiously and picked it up.

It was a miniature lamp, small enough that it could be a keychain. *How pretty.* she thought.

All of a sudden her phone rang. "Eh? Really the show is on? I'll rush home to watch it immediately!" she yelped in excitement at the fashion show that was just being aired.

Without thinking, she dropped her lamp into her bag and rushed back home.

What she didn't know was that lamp was going to change her life.