I can't do what I don't want to

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun and Jonghyun, together with the rest of the SHINee pixies froze on their spots. Ji eun turned her head slowly, her heart beating rapidly. The sight before her made her worst wishes come true.

"Kyuhyun sshi!" she yelped in shock and tried to jump in front of Jonghyun to cover him up. "Why are you here?"

Kyuhyun took large strides and pulled Ji Eun away, staring into the face of Jonghyun. "You're a genie." he stated, his face full of disbelief.

Jonghyun nodded his head weakly. "That's me." he snickered softly. "I'm Ji Eun baby's ge-" *COUGH COUGH COUGH*.

"Jonghyun are you alright?" Ji Eun rushed to his side worriedly. "Does it hurt a lot?"

Kyuhyun flinched as he saw the worry evident in Ji Eun's eyes. Never had he seen her so concerned and worked up over someone. Moreover, a guy. The way she cared for this man in front of him, it hurt him so badly.

"It's okay." Jonghyun smiled weakly. "Just don't make me eat that medicine Ji Eun baby cause I know it's not going to work."

"Maybe you'll recover faster?" Ji Eun asked hopefully. "You never know!"

Jonghyun chuckled softly and ruffled her hair. "No. Genie diseases last for three days. No matter how much medicine I consume it's not going to help. Give up babe."

Kyuhyun scowled. Who was this man to call HIS Ji Eun babe? He was Ji Eun's Mr Lollipop and even he doesn't call her that.

"Ji Eun ah." Kyuhyun called, reminding Ji eun of his presence. "You didn't tell me you have a genie." he bit his lips.

"You didn't tell me you had one either." Ji Eun pointed at Krystal who was behind Kyuhyun, glaring at the sweet scene of Ji Eun and Jonghyun together.

Kyuhyun's eyes widened. "You can see her?"

"Ah well..long story." Ji Eun scratched her head. "Are you thirsty? Should I get you a drink?"

"Yes please." Kyuhyun smiled charmingly. He wanted her to go away. He needed to talk to this genie. He had a feeling this genie was the cause of his love problems and was the reason why Ji Eun was not responding to his advances.

"I'll help you Ji eun." Krystal offered and went off with her, the f(x) pixies following their master.

Ji Eun went to get a cup of tea and Krystal remained oddly silent, watching. Many things were running in the genie's head, disbelief, denial, hurt.

"You like Jonghyun oppa don't you?" Krystal spat all of a sudden.

Ji Eun froze. She turned around slowly and looked Krystal in the eye. No way she was going to lose to a beautiful girl several centuries older than her. "No i don't." Ji Eun said in a low voice. "I love him."

Krystal looked away. *I knew it.*

"You're going to be a burden to Jonghyun oppa." Krystal said honestly. "He has been working hard for so many centuries so that he can be human again. But if you fall for him and you don't fall for Kyuhyun, you won't ever complete his mission and he will remain as a genie, forever. Don't you think that's selfish?"

Ji Eun lowered her gaze. "It's not like I want to." she said softly. "But I can't make myself fall for someone else when I already like Jonghyun." her voice cracked. "I want Jonghyun to be human again.. but I just can't."

"Then hide your feelings." Krystal said coldly. "Don't show him affection. Avoid him. Until you learn to love Kyuhyun, Jonghyun will never be free."

Ji Eun sighed silently. *How am I supposed to fall in love with someone, with the purpose of protecting the one I love?*



Outside, Kyuhyun eyed Jonghyun critically. He disliked this guy from first sight and he was sure it wasn't his personal bias, this guy definitely has feelings for HIS Ji Eun too.


"I crashed your car." Jonghyun said out of the blue.

Kyuhyun looked at him, confused. "I was the one who caused Eunhyuk and Donghae's car to crash into yours." Jonghyun looked at Kyuhyun in the eye, his gaze unwavering.

"Why did you do that?" Kyuhyun gasped in shock.

"I didn't want Ji Eun to go on a date with you." Jonghyun said simply. That was the understatement of the year.

If Jonghyun had the choice, he wanted to lock Ji Eun up and never let any human species that was anywhere near manly come near to her. He wanted hers to be his, exclusively his, only his.

He didn't want the smile on her face to be brought by some other guy, he didn't want her sight to land on someone else, he didn't want her to think of anyone except him.

"You're Ji eun's genie!" Kyuhyun hissed, obviously pissed. "You're not supposed to be doing this but helping me and Ji Eun get together!"

*That's what I thought too, before I fell for her.* Jonghyun frowned sadly.

The SHINee pixies huddled together at the side, obviously afraid. They had never seen Jonghyun so mindless, so irrational, losing all sense of logic and sense.

All this because of love.

*I hope hyung won't get a heartbreak the first time he loves someone.* Taemin thought sadly.

"You're the one who told Ji eun she looked good without her glasses." Kyuhyun whispered. "You're the one she rushed home to meet on the night of her birthday."

Jonghyun nodded. Those were pleasant memories, he wanted to continue making those as long as he was by her side, until the day she falls for Kyuhyun and kisses him.

"Why don't you just help me and Ji Eun get together like you're supposed to DAMMIT!" Kyuhyun growled, anger reaching his ears.

Jonghyun looked at him calmly, his eyes not showing a hint of regret or guilt. "I don't do what I don't want to." he stated firmly.