Rehearsing

Dance On (HIATUS)

A/N: Hi guys! Here's the new chapter hope you like. If you could please comment telling me if you're liking the story so far so that I can improve it :D. Also happy Jewish new year!!

Happy readings

Myungsoo POV

The past week had rushed by and I was seriously near to a mental breakdown from all the classes, practices and rehearsals. The only two things that kept me motivated was that it was Friday and that along with that there was the excitement of Lay for being Bona pair tonight.

This was the last class of the day and the teachers decided it would be a rehearsal one. So basically my group and Hyoyeons were stuck together in one of the tiniest rooms, it was definitely no less than 36 degrees inside.

Even though I hated to admit it, having a shared room to practice wasnt so bad after all. We were able to see how spectacular their choreography was, and the best part of all was that they were part of our class! It really made me worry about the competition from the other classes.It was not that we were bad but Kais solo was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, the duet was just breathtaking and of course the group was finally beginning to be as great. We just needed to be a little more on time and in sync and then we would be just as good as the others.

" Once again from the start!" Hyorin shouted above the other groups songs

"Not again..."I whispered

"C'mon c'mon! " Kai cheered me up "How about having dinner at our place tonight?" he asked all of a sudden blushing "I mean since Bona and Hilyuk will go to the gala and then Hyorin will go to the movies with Hilyuk, I thought it would be nice for me and you to spend some time alone" he quickly added

He was just so cute! We had become founder of each other over this past week, he was always making sure I was alright and that I got the steps right and of course replying nastily any time Hyoyeon or her sounding es gave me one of their usual comments. I often stayed with him after rehearsal and after everyone was gone, I helped him with his solo. It was really starting to come together and even Eunhyuk, who was supervising us, was complementing him.

The song came on and we started all over again with the same choreography we had been working for more than 1 hour.

We repeated and repeated it countless times until Eunhyuk gave us fifteen minutes of break.

"Finally!!"Hyorin exclaimed probably louder than she had intended which made me laugh.

"Oh my god I'm so hungry!!!" I exclaimed.

We all headed to the cafeteria as Lay talked for the bazillion time about how excited he was for tonight and how the dress would look on Bona or how happy he was that she was his pair. They were perfect for each other: both were always distracted and constantly spacing out, it doesn't mater how much I adore them, they were both quite annoying and repetitive when they had something in mind.I wasn't the only one who thought like this. Hyorin said she needed to go to the bathroom and quickly disappeared from our sight and Taemin and Kai decided to play table tennis and went to the table at the other side of the cafeteria. I went to the bar to grab a toast, leaving the poor unicorn alone smiling and talking to himself bragging about how awesome tonight would be.

The waiting line was so huge I was afraid I wouldn't have enough time left.I was almost giving up on my toast when suddenly someone called me.

"Hey Bunhead! Come here" Jay who was about to be attended waved and told me to go near him

"I can't just skip the line!" I replied

"Oh really?"he came and almost dragged me all the way to the front of the line.For my surprise there was almost no complaints from the other people and the few that did, were quickly taken back after Jay gave them a scary glare.

"Was that so difficult?" he asked with a smirk

"Whatever" I said still thinking it was a bit unfair"But still, thank you"

"There you go. Now what do you want? My treat."

"Really?" I didn't get him sometimes(well actually all the time) one second he was being rude and the next he would just be charming and amazing."A toast please"

After our orders were ready he took them to a table at the corner, since Kai and Taemin were still playing and Lay had joined Hyorin playing the darts, I decided it was ok to be with him.

"So how are you adapting?" he asked

"Ha really? Do you even want to know" I asked

"Sure. I care for you, you know." he replied surprising me with his answer

"Well I guess. I made awesome friends and the school is going well so far." I letted out" I definitely didn't thought the dancing part would be so demanding though" I ended up confessing, for some reason I felt I could tell him this things and he just stood there listening to me as if I were telling him the most amazing thing in the world.

"Are you getting enough sleep?' he asked genuinely concerned

"Mhmm , yes I guess" I answered" Well actually...I've been having some trouble with my sleeping for the last week"

"Aish Bunhead a ballerina should know better than anyone: a good night of sleep is one of the most important things for a dancer.If you have problems falling asleep, read. It always helps me"

"Really?" I was quite surprised by his knowledge

"Here" he said taking out a book from his backpack

"The little prince?" I remember this book I always got it at the library when I was little

"Yeah it's my favorite. I'm lending it to you so you take good care of it, ok?"

"Sure"I assured as I took the book. It seemed to mean a lot to him so I placed it carefully on my lap."I never thought you were the type of guy who liked to read"

"You probably thought I was the type who didn't even know how to read" he joked.

"Or maybe I didn't think about you at all" I replied playfully

"As if." he smirked" Bunhead, you wouldn't be able to do that even if you wanted. Trust me I know"

"Oh really? And how's that?" his smile and energetic talk were lifting my gloomy mood

"I have the power to read minds.It's called telepathy.Come closer" he said as I leaned forward and he placed his index on my forehead"Think about a chips brand and when I say three say it out loud."

As soon as he asked that, it was like something brushed all the memories of potato chips I could remember. Sure I didn't like them that much but come on this was almost basic knowledge, but for some reason my mind went blank. He had already started the countdown and I still had no idea what I was going to say, it was when Lay passed by and suddenly my brain made a click.

"Two...Three! Lays!"

"Lays" we shouted at the same time. I have to admit I was pretty impressed.

"How did you do that?" I asked curious.

"At first I was going to say Ruffles but then Lays passed by and your clueless expression changed, you don't need to be a magician to tell that"he started laughing"You are so naive"

I felt a bit ashamed for my dumbness, now that I thought about it, it was pretty obvious.

"Hey genious, you got something on your lips" he said moving his index to the corner of my mouth and leaning closer to me.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" someone shouted behind me. Startled, I looked back and saw an angry Kai staring at both of us. He pulled my chair and forced me to stand up, making the book Jay had given me fall. I was about to pick it up but he was faster. When he saw the cover he rolled his eyes

"Really?!" he asked Jay who didn't look him in the eyes and had returned to his emotionless expression.

"Come" he ordered leading the way to the hall.I was able to mumble Jay a sorry and see the akward smile he gave me in reply.

We finally arrived at a quiter area behind the cafeteria, the anger in Kais eyes was starting to vanish but mine wasn't.

"What the hell were you thinking?" he asked

"Mhmm, sorry what the hell was I thinking about what?" I answered pissed of, he was the one who pulled me out of a conversation, what gave him the right to be mad at me?

"About Jay!! I told you to stay away from him!"

"Kai, I know you don't like him but you are being ridiculous! We were just chatting and I don't know what you have against him but when he talks to me he's really nice"there was a pause and he took a deep breath

"Myungsoo, I know I have no right to tell you who you should hang out with and you have no reasons to listen to what I say but trust me: Jay isn't a nice guy, you never know his true intentions. I would hate to see you hurt because of him" he said with serenity

My anger started to disappear and my inner voice told me that it was actually cute what he was doing.Of course I still had to figure out what happened betwen him and Jay ( aparrently they were really close before and then something happened and they barely spoke to each other again. I had asked Kai severeal times but he always avoided answering it) , but that could wait.

"Could it be that you are jealous?" I teased

His now concerned expression turned into a sureness one " Dahh of course!! Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to like you? Almost every other guy I know that has seen you becomes interested in you and I have to tell them all you're of the radars. "

I felt so.... so... I couldn't even find the words it was this feeling I only had when I was with him and he talked to me like this, like I was the greatest thing in the world. For him that was just so simple that he talked about it naturally.

Automatically I pulled him into a hug.

" Oh Kai..."I whispered

He wrapped me in his arms as well and smiled

" I didn't even get to the main point yet"

I looked up at him with a questioning look.

"You know... I just thought since Bona and Lay are going to the gala and Hyorin and Hilyuk are getting along really well and Taemin, well Taemin can take care of himself, I tought we could, mhm, you know we could go out... Like on a date..." he said looking me right on the eyes

I really couldn't take it anymore, I pulled him closer and on the tips of my toes gave him a quick kiss.

"Nothing would make me happier" I replied smiling from ear to ear

"You have no idea how happy that made me." he said passionately as he bended his knees matching my height and kisssing me,properly this time.

"Ahem" we heard someone clearing his troat behind and there was Taemin,we quickly separated but I could still feel my cheecks burning " I hope I'm not disturbing you two love birds but Eunhyuk is calling us, its only one more hour so if you could hold back for just that much time it would be great.If you want I will leave you alone tonight." he joked making me blush even more

"Aish you punk! You really know how to kill the mood" Kai replied about to hit him but instead he grabbed my hand and placed his arm around me "1 hour? Do you think you can manage it? The thing is Im really good looking." he winked

He was so silly, and I loved it.We went back to the class but one hour just seemed too long, I couldn't wait for tonight, maybe this was Bonas doing since she texted me every second about how excited she was and all that. Me and hyorin would help her get ready and then I would have dinner with Kai and Taemin.One hour was definitely too long.