Pinkie promise

Dance On (HIATUS)

Hi guys :) Sorry for the late  upload the thing is I have this chapter written a long time ago but the hotel I'm staying at has no wifi so I had to go to the nearest place that has (McDonald's which is actually quite far) to upload it. Anyway how are your vacations ? Hope they are going as good as mines and by the way have you seen Sistar's comeback?OMG they all look stunning!!!
Back to the fic hope you guys like it! Any suggestions please tell me♥
Happy readings :D

----------

Lay POV

"Mint?Or strawberry?Or chocolate?? Aish." I looked at the huge variety in front of me. Which one should I take?

"Screw that"I thought as I grabbed the three containers in front of me.

I headed back to the cashier. Meanwhile I took out my phone: she still hadn't text me the address. I tryed phoning her: "the number you are trying to call is currently unavailable please try again later" the metallic voice on the other side answered. I sighted I woud just phone Taemin on my way back.

"Cash or credit?" asked the cashier  with a warm smile.

"Cash please." I answered politely as I took out my wallet. I payed, grabbed the plastic bag and left.

I was walking my way back to my fiat 500 when, halfway there, I heard the sound of someone crying. I looked around searching for the it's source. I found it hiding behind a pile of shopping carts with it's head lying on top of her knees which she was holding very tightly.
Her pitiful image made me want to drop everything I was holding and giver her a huge hug but instead I decided to act normal and with a fast walk I got near her.
"Hey" I said with the warmest tone I could make. She lifted her head: the sorrow in her eyes melted me away.
"I'm really sorry to bother you I'll hmmmm, try not to disturb you" what was she talking  about?Was it possible that she taught I was going to scold her?! And for what? Crying?
"What? What I meant to ask you was: are you alright?"
She widened her eyes and I saw a bit of surprise in her expression
"Well actually I'm not, to say the true I'm anything but alright but since you seem like a pretty decent guy I really advise you to go while I don't start winning about how my life and all that but still thank you for caring."
I took a moment to think: this would be one of those things I would regret when I looked back wouldn't it? Oh well guess I'm just a person too nice to let something like this pass by me.
"Oh well too late for that" I placed the groceries on the floor and sat besides her. "Okay I'll hug you for thirty seconds,you can cry as much as you want on my shoulder, for real. I don't really mind, and then you'll tell me what's bothering you." 
For some weird reason the fact that I had just placed my arms tightly around this complete stranger was not awkward at all. Surprisingly she just sank her head in into my chest and cried intensely. I am pretty sure that more than 30 seconds had passed but I didn't move even an inch, finally she lifted her head and ran her fingers throw her teary eyes.
"Ok complete stranger I just met: thank you, thank you very much I was really needing a hug like that" She smiled making all this seem less crazy, her smile was just so pure and rewarding it made me feel like I was doing the greatest thing ever.
"It's no big deal now, tell me what's bothering you."
"Are you for real? I mean are you really going to listen to the laments of a girl you have just met?!" 
I nodded and observed. Her eyebrows lifted.
"You are either a very good person or a mentally ill one"
I laughed, how could she, in such a state, still be funny? "A little of both" for some weird reason her humour made me recall Myungsoo.
"Mhh... Ok here it goes: it started a few years ago when my mum went to a routine appointment, she went to the hospital thinking she'd come back with a path on the back but instead the doctors found a tumour on one of her lungs, later on we found out it had already spread on both lungs and she was diagnosed with leukemia." she managed to say in between the hiccups"  She has done  every treatment available and was starting to show signs of  recovery, yeah sure she was weak but she was still recovering but today I went to the hospital,which was purely by chance since I had planned to meet my friends, and the doctors told me she had had a collapse and they barely made it on time to save her so yeah it kind of ..." her voice became wicker and wicker and she eventually let it fade giving in to the hiccups. 
"Shhh. It's alright" I tried to say as consolation while wiping her eyes and scrubbing her back, she showed no resistance and sank her head on my chest again.
" Plus the jerks of SeoulCenterHealthCare want to rise the medical fees and I already have 3 part time jobs after school and still I can barely pay so I honestly don't know what to do about it."
Wait what?! " SeoulCenterHealthCare are you sure?" I asked before that familiar, very familiar name.
"Yeah that stupid hospital downtown,  I bet they're all super rich and don't even care about the others." I gulped as she insulted my parents' hospital but didn't protest: she had every reason to hate them.
"Yeah those stupid jerks" I agreed trying to stop her crying" You know I'm wrong 99% of the time but I have a feel I'm right this time: some misfortunes happen for greater goods, sometimes it's necessary for a  bad thing to happen for a greater one to appear. "
Now that she had calm down she looked at my eyes " I hope you're right and I'm really sorry for having took your time you should have just let me cry and now you are probably late for something  if there is something I can do for you please don't hesitate on asking me ok?" she said as she got up from the floor and gave me her phone number
"It's fine really it was nothing, you said you were meant to meet your friends and you are clearly in no state of driving or walking anywhere so come with me I'll take you there."
"Oh no. There is really no need I was going to take the bus there it's not that long really."
"Are you serious? The bus? Do you realize how hot it is?! If you take the bus you'll get there toasted!!! Come on." I looked at my phone : Kai had texted me asking where I was but I didn't reply I would take her and then go back,  strangely I felt as if I had to take care of  this nameless stranger at the very least because , apparently, no, one else did.

"Where to go?" I asked her once we were already inside and she began to give me the directions.
(...)

"And now you turn to the left and then it's the first building on the right."
" Here we are." I said just then something on the parking lot caught my eye: a light blue Volkswagen. It was probably a coincidence but the I found the scratch in the left door Taemin had made a few years ago.
"Yeah just wondering:what's your  friend's name?" I asked
"Myungsoo. "
"Myungsoo?"
We said both at the same time" How did you know that?" she asked.
"I'm Lay one of her classmates from SDA. She asked us to help her move the stuff she had here. I just droped by the supermarket to get us some ice cream and didn't now her address but when I got here I saw my other friend car so I assumed we were meeting the same person"I explained pointing at the T2.
"Ahh that makes sense but OMG what are we going to do now?!" she said clearly anxious.
"What are we going to do about what?" I asked clueless.
"Myung and Hilyuk! They can't know about my mother or the fees raise or anything ok?" she begged, it made no sense to me and she must have realized it cuz she continued "Please I know I'm at no position to ask you any more favours considering what you already made for me and we just met but I don't really want to bother them with my problems, so far they know my mom's sick and fragile but think everything is ok and as far as they are not concerned I can carry all the treatments debts, the last thing I want is to give them motives to worry."
"If you want thst ok, I'll do whatever you want but are you sure? I mean, that's what friends are for: to be bothered with our problems and help us when we need"
"And that's exactly what they would do but for know I prefer  not to tell them."
I really admired this girl,Bona as she introduced herself in the car, it took a lot of courage to keep all that to ourselves just not to bother others, I knew best.
"Ok I'll do as you please, but with one condition" she gave me a intriguing look but it didn't bother me, if someone had done the same to me it might had been easier on me" Even if you don't want to tell them if anything bad happens you have to phone me, trust me it's not good to keep such things only for you." Her doubtful look turned into a warm smile.
"Pinkie promise." she answered lifting her pinkie
"Pinkie promise!" I said as I entangled mine on hers" And now hurry and go, I'll"arrive." in 10 minutes.
"OMG Lay jjang!!!!!!!" she said as she ran to the door after giving me a cute wink.

She surely was something else. I took my phone out, went to speed dial and phoned my dad.

"Yoboseo?" he asked
Anyeong appa!!!!" I greeted "It's Lay."
"Oh Lay!!! I'm glad to hear from you. How's everything going?I was just thinking of you: isn't it time for the SDC?"
"It's also good to hear from  you and yes everything is fine we got a new student on our class! We have to have lunch together one of these days! And no,  SDC is next month but we are already practising: we'll be the best! You definitely have to come and see us this time!"
" I hope so too. You know last year it wasn't my fault! I was really looking forward to see you."
"I know, I know. But this time you'll come, just wait and see! I called you to ask if you still wanted me to choose someone to give that year-long paid treatments at the annual gala?"
"Yes, sure I was starting to think you had forgotten. Who do you want?"
"There's a patient that's mother of a girl named Byung Bona she's being treated for leukemia. I want to give it to her."
"Ok sure I'll see if someone finds her but in return you have to attend thr gala."
"Ok I will!" he was probably surprised by my willing to go since he knew I hated this things but this time I had a plan " Thanks!! Bye!!!" I said ready to hang up "Oh, and dad when we meet we have to discuss the fees raises, ok?"
"Mhmm...Sure. See you soon. Take care" he said and hang up.

I felt pleased with myself. "You are actually a pretty decent guy, Lay." I taught to myself as I rang the door bell ready to "meet" Myung's friends.