Shopping

Dance On (HIATUS)

Hii!!!

I'm so sorry I didn't update anything over the past weeks :'( I went on a trip and had no wifi so I couldn't even if I wanted.(which I did!)

To make it up for you I decided I would write a huge chapter but being my usual smart self I forgot the bigger the chapter is the longer it takes to correct so that also delayed it.

But thanks to my very special friend who helped me correct it here it is. Thank you so much Ju, I really apreciated it, this chapter wouldn't be possible without you!! <3

But without further delay here it is! Hope you like it :D

Happy readings!!!

----------------------------

"Ya Kim Myungsoo! Wake up" Kahi shouted from across the room. I had been sleepy all day long, yesterday it was already midnight when we arrived at the dorms and today Hyorin insisted that we should rehearse in the morning to compensate not having done it yesterday, so I only had 6 hours of sleep. The rest of the group,however, didn't seem tired at all, Kai and Taemin were as enthusiast as ever and Hyorin and Lay were on fire learning the contemporary choreo Kahi taught us.

"Jwesonghamnida " I said trying to focus

"It's the last time I call you out, we are almost finished just pay attention for fifteen more minutes!"

From then on I put my whole on the moves, after all this was the genre closest to ballet, the spins kicks and twirls were just like pirouettes, grand battement and chaines I was so used to. I liked it, the way I freed my stiff and sore body that had been trying to fit in unkwon positions during hiphop and tap classes was now once again melting down to the softness I was used to.

"Okay now I'll split you in groups of four and I'll choose from each the best dancers that will then compete against the other winners. Let me just remind you that from now on this will be quite common since SDC winner is based 75% on your performance but also 25% about how well you do in classes"

I heard a tskk from the end of the room "We got this" Jia said to Vic "Totally" she answered.

Lol? They hadn't even started dancing! My competitiveness came up, I was definitely determined to give it my best.

"Kai, Jokwon and Hyoyeon, you are group 1. Lay, Vic and Jay, 2. Hyorin, Jia and Key group 3 and then Myungsoo and Taemin 4"

Just after she said it the rest of ones that weren't part of the first group sat on the corner of the room and stood there observing.

The story behind the dance was about wanting something really bad to the point were it almost became an obsession, it was quite daring to interpret actually.

Kai was definitely the winner of that group, the emotion was there and so was the technique and passion but he was followed really close by Hyoyeon whom I was not expecting to do so well, she really entered the character, it was almost as if she knew at it felt like. Jokwon was clearly on disadvantage he just looked... akward.

It was time for group two, the decision was much more obvious the 2 boys were clumsy and stiff contrasting with the smooth Victoria that made it seem so effortless, regardless she seemed so full of herself when she was dancing and that ruined it for me.

Time for Hyorin's group, I crossed my fingers if Jia was like Vic she would be tough competition. I was quite sad when she turned out to be amazing too, I wasn't sure wich would won.

Now it was my time. "Sorry Taemin I'll just have to beat you" I joked

"No prob, I never liked contemporary anyway"

The music began and I pictured myself trying to reach for an invisible ball, the more I reached for it the further from me it became, like almost grabbing something and then watching it disappear between your fingers, which was not that difficult to imagine since i spent my childhood jumping from foster parents to another.

When the song came to an end it had been pretty obvious I had won.

"Ok guys that was pretty good, now for the finals the winners were: Kai, Vic, Jia and Myungsoo.Congratulations and remember if you win that's an advantage for your team."

I felt sad about Hyorin not passing but I was also proud of myself. And being the competitive person I am I wanted to win really hard. Kai came closer and hi5ed me.

"Are you ready?" he asked me as I nodded" I'm warning you I won't go easy on you since we are from the same team,I'll definitely win" he declared as he winked.

"Bring it on" I replied playfully dazzled by his cute smile. Dang, could this boy get any prettier?

"We already won" I heard Vic and Jia behind me, they weren't exactly trying to be discreet " We'll definitely win it's only a matter of beating Kai"

Woah! Only have to beat Kai?

"Mhhmmm excuse me, I'm also competing" I faced them

"Yeah as if..." they joked "Ya scholarship, you must be mistaken but students here have actual talent so just keep a low profile and watch us win"they added in a much more serious tone

"You must be all that to be talking!" I had to choose my words carefully not to offend them, actually I was at their level if not better " If I got a scholarship here that means I deserve it and I can probably dance as well as you, plus just now Kahi chose me. Before opening your mouth to talk nonsense you should watch who you are talking down to" I said pissed of.

I could feel everyone around us watching, they were so confused all they could mumble was "whatever" or something similar.

"Nice bunhead" I heard Jay clapping but it didn't even bother me,I was to focused on winning.

"Yeah,Yeah. Are you all ready? We'll be starting" Kahi interrupted

"Nae" we answered as we put ourselves on a straight line, the nervousness boiled inside me,I nervously bit my lower lip waiting for the music to start.

"And... music"

That was it, as soon as the first notes came out I gave my all to the dance. Every move came out perfectly both technical and emotionally. I felt every beat and moved along with it. The intensity of the choreography left me with my heart pounding and without air, it was hard to breath in between the moves and my body was near exhaustion due to my irregular heavy breath, still I gave it all. I extended, reached and pointed everything.I made it.

Finally the song came to an end and I gave up to my spasms and shaking legs, I was not sure if I could have kept it up if the music would have been longer judging by the dripping in sweat and my trembling legs. I took a minute to breath and closed my eyes enjoying the cold air from the air conditioning above, it was not until I opened them again I noticed everyone's eyes were glaring at me with a weird look on their faces.

Was there something on my face? I mean yeah my hair was dripping and my face was red but I couldn't see anything really strange at the mirror. I started feeling weird, maybe I had messed up the whole thing...Insecure I pinched Kai who was right next to me also breathing heavily.

"Kai what happened?"I whispered quietly.

"You happened." he replied leaving me as clueless as before

At first I didn't get what he was saying but then suddenly Kahi, who had observing us, stood up with tears in her eyes and came to me. Unexpectedly she hugged me.

"Oh god, Kim Myungsoo I had no idea you had that in you."she shouted clearly moved and trying to pull herself together.

Hyorin once again started clapping cheerfully, and I started laughing I wasn't sure what made me happier: if the way Kahi had reacted and had been pleased by my dancing or the annoyed looks on Vics and Jias faces.

"Mhmm...So does that mean we won?"I asked cautiously

"OF COURSE YOU WIN!!! I'LL EVEN GIVE YOU MORE CREDITs !!!! THIS WAS THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF THIS ROUTINE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!"

"Great work Bunhead" Jay hi5ed me before leaving the room.

"Yaaaaaa!!!!!! This is great Myung!! We won!!!!" Hyorin hugged me tightly and Taemin and Lay lifted me up on their shoulders

"Hey guys you do realize this doens't count that much, right?" I said in between all the giggles

"Yeah, but still it's your first win in SDA not to mention it's very amusing and rewarding seeing their faces" Kai joked pointing at the 4 people left on the room apart from us, surprisingly the 5th (Hyohyeon) seemed to be enjoying Vic and Jias agony as much as we were but she still glared at me in a scary way.

"What now? Am I good enough to be considered competition now?"I asked them, not resisting the opportunity to tease them.

"You were just lucky" one said. "We'll definitely not allow this next time, you caught us with our guard down" the other completed.

"Whatever" I replied imitating the way they had said it earlier

My group laughed and we all headed out. Today had been tiresome, but classes were finally over, if it was up to me I would just go straight to the dorm, take a shower and rest for what was left of the afternoon and before rehearsal time. But I had promised Hyorin and Bona I would go with them searching for the perfect dress. Aishhh I was so not in the mood for shopping.

Maybe Kai had noticed it.

"Aigoo our Myung looks so tired, it was probably because you gave your all in there, maybe you should just rest before rehearsal.Don't you agree ?" he asked the others

"Yeah and she's even coughing" Taemin completed tapping me in the back while I was sipping some water which made me choke and, obviously, cough.

I had no idea what these two were making but I played along with it, trying my best to put on a tired expression, something I hadn't to try much to do.

"Really? But that means you won't go with us!" Hyorin sighted with an unhappy look on her face.

"What? What?!" Bona who had just arrived at the school entrance asked.

"Myung might be sick so she can't come with us"Hyorin explained as an unknown expression was drawn on Bonas face.

"Well then... Maybe Lay could come to help us on her behalf" she said suddenly out of the blue. So that was what that look meant. So that's why Hyorin didn't insist , look at these two , just met and are already stabbing me in the back.Well I couldn't blame them the first one to trick them was me.

"Oh no it's fine I can make an effort and go with you" I tried playfully

"Oh no, no. Don't bother yourself, I liked Bona suggestion. Maybe, only if it's not troublesome and you want to, Hilyuk could come as well?" Hyorin asked. What was this? It was like they had made a secret plan and were expecting this all along.Well I didn't oppose it, both sides ended up winning.

"Well then, you'll go shopping and well take care of Myung.See you at rehearsal" Taemin said before starting to drag us out of there

We were already far from them when I heard Hyorin shouting:

"Ya Kim Myungsoo if only your acting was as good as your dancing" I turned around only to get a quick glimpse at her wink before they were gone.

Kai and Taemin scouted me to my dorm, which was only a block way.

"Go up and take a quick shower when your done come to our dorm" Taemin said giving me the directions"I''ll make sure to cook something delicious for you both"

"Jjang! Taemins cookings are the best" Kai exclaimed

"Well then, I'll go there in a minute" I said before I started climbing the dozens of stairs up to my room.

Hilyuk POV

"How about this one" Bona asked as she stoped out of the changing room for the thousandth time.It had been 2 hours since we had left Taemin, Kai and Myung but she was still as excited as if we just arrived, the same couldn't be said about me.

"Isn't that the same one from before?" I asked at the way too similar to the others dress.

She sighted clearly bothered by my indifference.

"No, no, no.The last one had buttons and was mermaid dress.This one has a bow and his highwaisted which makes her curves stand out...Not that I was noticing." Lay said blushing.Well at least one of us was focused on her.

"I like this one beter.You look gorgeous." he said, this clearly made her happy.

"How do you even know all this stuff?" I asked after she entered the changing room

"You'd be the same after shopping for so many years with Hyorin" he replied laughing.

It felt nice to have a guy with me for a change.Don't get me wrong, I love Myung and Bona but sometimes it's good to have some testosterone around. And yeah I had thaught Myung how to play LOL( she aced it) and she had tuned a little bit more tomboyish than Bona but she was still a girl after all.

Of course I had my school mates but after I hanging out with them I could feel a tension ever since I told them I was a ballet dancer, they didn't mock me or anything but they just felt weird which was super stupid because I could be as or even more manlier then them. Guys who dance are just as much mans as the ones who don't. With Lay of course this didn't happen, he understood me, it was probably the first time I was enjoying shopping with Bona and it was all thanks to him.Well not all...

"Ta-dah!!" exclaimed Hyorin as she pulled the courtin next to Bonas.

"Whoa" I letted out totally mesmerized.

"Ya we came here for Bona.We are here to help her find HER dress not for you to try some" Lay scolded her

"C'mon Lay. Don't be so harsh on her she's just having a bit of fun while helping her friend" I defended her

"Thank you!" she said blushing a bit "So... how do I look?"

It was quite hard to describe it in words and since I wasn't some sort of fashion adviser like my new friend it made everything harder but she looked just... stunning.It was not so much about the dress but rather the person inside it. And it didn't matter if she wore the most horrendous dress in the entire store... She would look amazing with it! There was something about her that made her shine no matter what.

"You look beautiful" I ensured and Lay finally nodded.

I was still mesmerized by Hyorin when Bona came out.

"Then how about this one?" she asked smilling

Woah... just woah. I recognized the esmerald dress she and Hyorin came chattering about, it was a long sleveless one, tight and as Lay said, it " made her curves stand out", her olive skin melted in the deep green of the dress. Unsure if my opinion was fashion aware I looked at Hyorin who smiled proudly and Lay who had dropped his chin and still hadnt closed his mouth.

"Mhmmm Lay...You are drowling..." I joked as he turned tomato red.

"You look P-E-R-F-E-C-T!"Hyorin squilled and I approved

"What do YOU think?" she asked him who was still astonished

"I dont know, its just... I'm so glad I'm your pair" the unicorn faced guy said softly making her smile

"Ok,ok.Enough flirting im getting sick of it." Hyorin stated

"Yeah right" Lay interrupted rolling his eyes which made her stick her tongue out

"Whatever.Since Bonas clearly already found the perfect dress lets find her a matching pair of shoes."

And so the search started.All over again.

Kai POV

"No,no,no!!!!!!" we shouted as we franticly pressed the remote buttons.

"Hahaha I won!... Again!" Myungsoo said triumphant.

It was already the third time she beated us on Lol, me and Taemin exchanged surprised glares, sure she told us she knew how to play but she forgot to mention she aced it.I never saw someone play so well and I was a MVP! Maybe I would ask Hilyuk, the one who had taught her in the first place, some tips.

"Ya! Why didn't you say you were this good when we started? I wouldn't had made any bet if i knew it beforehand!" Taemin exclaimed

" Duh! If I had told you you would never play along. And now you'll cook dinner and do our dorm dishes for a week.Hyorin will be thrilled to hear that. Speaking of wich they should be back back by now?"she laugh

Even though Taemin and I disliked cooking I could tell we were not so unpleased since this meant spending more time around her, which was practically impossible since we spent all time gathered.

"Yeih come here" she waved at me "Time for punishment. And this time I'll let you know: my takbam is really powerful!! One time Bona had her forehead red for a week... And don't think I'll go easy on you. Especially YOU!" she winked at me

I leaned all the way across the table standing only a few inches away from her face. I was so close to her I could see the hazel almost green pupils in her eyes. She was so surprised she started blushing.

"Dont take it easy" I answered winking back at the now very shy winning Myung in front of me

That was when I felt something on my back pushing me forward, Taemin's feet made me lose my balance and I ended up leaning forward. Just like that I felt on top of her and we both fell on the floor. Now we were just inches apart from each other with our noses almost touching, and I could feel the warmth of her breath on my neck. It was my turn to blush furiously. She was just as shocked as me with her eyes wide opened, and on the background I could hear Taemin's laugh... Aish!! That punk....

"Are you okay?" I asked still concerned and embarrased

"If you didn't want to take the punishment you could have just ask, there was no need to make all of this" she joked bursting into laughter making smile.

At the same moment the dorms door was opened and the giggles and chattering that came in filled the entire room, until...

"What the hell?" Hyorins voice screamed

I realized what she was talking about mine and Myungsoos position. It was quite mhhmm inappropriate and could be erhmm... very cause much misunderstandings. I quickly rolled over to the side and we both got up clearly embarrassed.

"It's n-not what you think!...It w-was Taemin's fault...He pushed me..."

"You guys are misunderstanding...Y-You see what re-really happened was...''

We both tried to mumble.

"Whatever, we don't want details"

"Just get a room next time"

"We turn our backs on your for one minute and you're already on top of each other" They all joked making both of us resemble two red tomatoes. I know they were just mocking us but it still felt a bit awkward since it was about me and ...Myungsoo.

"Ya ya that's enough. Are you done shopping?" I tried to change the subject "We should start rehearsing"

Everyone knew I was right and we should start as quickly as we could since we still had a lot to do. And I really hoped they would forget the incident that happened literally five seconds ago...

"Yeah" Lay shouted with a serious face making everyone quite "Kais right we should practise, let's put the table way and start" he commanded, I was so happy they had dropped it, maybe my plan had gone well, I was starting to push the sofa to make space for us when he continued.

"Just focus on the dance rather than Myung and try not "accidently" trip over her again ok?"

Everyone laughed and the jokes started all over again. Oh god they won't stop with this any time soon that's for sure.

"I'm really sorry" I whispered an apology to her.

" For what? As if you didn't like it" she smiled "Consider it your punishment from earlier"

This was why I liked her so much, she always saw the bright side of things and played along with everything. Was this my punishment for losing? Oh well something tells me I'll be losing a lot in the future then.