Official First Meeting

Accidentally in Love

“Mom, Dad, I’m home,” I greeted my parents after I came home from school.

“Welcome back! What do you want for dinner, Chanhee?” my mom asked me as I took my shoes off.

“It’s ok, Eunji and I are planning on hanging out later so we’re probably going to eat there, too,” I told her as I walked up the stairs. They never ask me what I want...

“Ok, have fun!” she yelled from downstairs.

“Psst, Chunji! Gotta change NOW,” I whisper-shouted as I speed walked up the stairs. I could hear Chunji’s loud steps as he ran to his room and shut the door. I checked to see if my parents were looking, and they weren’t, so I ran to my room and made sure I locked it. I looked through my dresser and picked out a simple outfit. Not that it mattered since I’m gonna wear the glasses anyways. I changed into my clothes and left the room.

When I opened the door I noticed that Chunji had come out at the same time. We both chuckled as we started to walk downstairs. We said bye to our parents and left the house to start walking to the café.

“So I texted them to meet up at the café at 6,” I told Chunji.

“What time is it now?” he asked.

I checked my watch, “6:01...”

“Haha, I’ll just text them we’re coming now.” He flipped open his phone and in seconds, he had shut it closed again. “Ok, let’s go! Oh, and you remember the deal right~?” he grinned as we continued to walk.

 

MEANWHILE WITH TEENTOP–

The five boys walked down the streets talking and laughing while Ricky was watching the store signs, looking for the right café.

“There it is!” he pointed when he finally found it.

“Could we have a table for 7, miss?” L. Joe stared right into her eyes.

She couldn’t help but stare at the handsome boys who just walked in.

“Helloooo? Can you hear meeee?” Niel waved his hand in her face.

“O-oh, yeah. Right this way,” she gestured towards the tables.

They looked through the menus, deciding on what to order while they waited for Chunji and his sister.

“Hyung, it’s already 6!” Ricky whined.

“It’s only 6:01. I’m sure they’ll be here soon,” CAP told him. “Look, he just texted. So quit your whining.”

“I wonder if she’ll be hot.” Changjo blurted out. Everyone’s eyes turned to him.

“Well Chunji hyung did say she is, so...” Niel spoke up.

“But he’s her brother, it’s not like he can say she’s ugly..” Ricky told them.

“True, I just wish she is,” Changjo hoped.

“Well you guys can judge her now,” CAP nodded over at the door.

“Omg man, I knew it. She’s ugly!”Changjo whispered.

Ricky checked to see, “She’s just a nerd!”

Niel looked as well, “Holy moly...”

“The poor boys’ expectations were ruined haha,” CAP laughed.

L. Joe just sat there staring at her, as if he was observing an animal.

“L. Joe hyung, don’t you think she’s ugly?” Changjo said a little too loud.

“Yah, Changjo. Don’t you know how to whisper? Or be embarrassed? Everyone’s staring at you. Except Chunji hyung because he’s glaring at you,” L. Joe scolded him. “And she’s not ugly, you need to stop judging people.”

“What do you mean ‘not ugly’? No matter how much I look, I see ugly.”

Ricky and Niel nodded, “Those glasses, that face, she’s lucky she at least has nice hair.”

“You got guts, little dongsaengs.” Chunji menacingly glared at the 3 as he cracked his knuckles. Changjo, Ricky, and Niel sat back in fear as Chunji and I sat down at the table.

 

CAP

L. Joe

Eunji

Chunji

Niel

Changjo

Ricky

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Eunji imnida.”

*Let me try something* L. Joe thought. He reached for my glasses, “Can I take them off?”

“No!” I quickly pulled back. *, Chunji’s gonna get me for this*

“YES! Nice one, L. Joe! Eunji, you know the deal~” Chunji poked my cheek. UGH.

“What deal?” CAP curiously asked.

“Whenever someone tells her to take off her glasses because she’s NOT UGLY,” Chunji glared at the 3 boys, “she has to take them off, with my approval of course.”

–sigh– I removed my glasses, crossed my arms, and held my head high.

–GASP! – Everyone was shocked except L. Joe who sat there satisfied. *she looks better than I expected*

*Damn, she’s hot...* Changjo, Ricky, and Niel gawked.

“Noona... You’re pretty!” Ricky stared into my eyes, but I just scoffed.

Changjo grabbed my glasses and tried them on, “How do I look?”

“Disgusting.” Niel answered mercilessly.

“Wow, these glasses are the ultimate disguise!” Changjo was amazed. “But why do you wear these fake glasses when they ruin your pretty face?”

“Fake? Let me see!” Ricky grabbed the glasses, “These ARE fake. Why do you wear fake glasses, noona?!”

“I’m quite aware of the fact that my glasses are fake, obviously,” I gave a “duh” face to the boys, “I just don’t want to be caught up in all that attention, that’s all.”

“But noona, if you took off those disgusting glasses, everyone would want to be friends with you and you’d be popular–OW!” CAP slapped the back of Ricky's head, “She obviously just said she doesn’t want that, babo.”

“Look, I just want a peaceful high school life, and after seeing all the attention Hwayoung and Younha receive, I don’t want any part of it.”

“Who’s Hwayoung and Younha?” everyone curiously asked.

“Lee Hwayoung and Kim Younha? How do you guys not know them?” Niel questioned everyone. “They are the two most popular girls in school! Hwayoung is a part-time model and she appears in famous magazines sometimes. Younha is known as the ‘Ice Princess’ because she always treats guys so coldly. She is also quite the tomboy, the girls look up to her because she’s so good at sports and stuff and some of them think she’s better than guys.”

“Ooohh, those two girls with the crowds surrounding them. That’s not following US.”

CAP changed the subject, “Anyways Chunji, you and your sister look really similar.”

“Really?” we both answered at the same time, “We’re twins.”

“Ahh... Fraternal?”

“Identical.”

“WHAT?” everyone at the table was shocked. “You two look nothing alike!”

“You just said we did!”
“Yeah, for SIBLINGS. Not for IDENTICAL TWINS!”

“Well we made it that way!” I argued. “Why would we want to look the same anyways? Either I’d look like a guy, or he’d look like a girl.” Everyone nodded in understanding.

“True,” CAP agreed, “I don’t think you guys could look the same even if you tried.”
Chunji and I let out a little giggle. Chunji squeezed my hand and couldn’t stop smiling at CAP’s remark.

CAP raised his eyebrow, “What?”

We both immediately put on a straight face, “Nothing.”

CAP looked at us like we were crazy, “Ok... Anyways, it’s getting late. We’ll see you guys at school?”

Chunji stood up, “Yeah, bye.”

“By the way,” I slipped my glasses back on, “if you see me in school, don’t talk to me.”

“Waaaaeee?” Changjo whined.
“Because you guys attract too much attention! DUH. Do you want me to get trampled by your fans?”

“No... But what if I wear a disguise, too?!” he pleaded.

“...... Fine. But you better make sure no one recognizes you,” I pointed at his face.

*YES!* Changjo silently pumped his fist.

He grabbed my hand, “We’ll be best friends from now on, k?!” He gave me the brightest smile ever.

“Ugh.. I have to leave now, bye,” I scrambled out the door and followed Chunji.

“So,” Chunji started a conversation, “what’d you think of the most popular boys in school, ey?” He raised his eyebrow as he nudged my arm with his elbow.

“They’re... weird.”

He laughed, “Of course. Any individual opinions?”

“Let’s see... CAP was just normal. He was pretty mature and stuff, didn’t care about my glasses. Unlike those cocky brats.”

He laughed so loud in the middle of the night, walking the streets of Seoul. He wiped a tear from his eye when he finally calmed down, “They’re like that, they only like pretty people.”

“Changjo was still cute for some reason, but his outer appearance doesn’t seem like the maknae. Ricky on the other hand... It’s weird how childish he is. And Niel, I can’t even guess. He’s just all over the place with his personality. L. Joe was that cool loner type. He didn’t talk much but he gave off that ‘cool’ aura, haha. Funny how he was so clingy though when I was pretending to be you earlier today,” I smirked.

“Yeah, L. Joe’s shy around new people but he’s really close with us. He doesn’t hate you or anything, though. I can tell they already like you, you should treat them nicely from now on,” he poked my head.

“But I have no plans on becoming their friends!” I frowned.

“Don’t be mean, they like you. Just be nice outside of school? They already know what you look like anyways. And Changjo is willing to wear a disguise for you!”

“Aish, fine. But only because you told me to!” I crossed my arms and pouted.

“Good girl,” Chunji ruffled my hair and I lightened up with a satisfied smile.

“Come on, let’s cross the street, oppa!” I skipped across the dark road.

Chunji chuckled, “Ok wait for– EUNJI WATCH OUT!”

I turned around to look at what Chunji was talking about but all I saw was a flash of light –HONKBEEEP-

–THUD–