New Friend?

Accidentally in Love

 

The rest of the day passed as everyone noticed I came back and gossiped about me. Seriously? Whether I’m pretty or not, I’m still noticeable. Who notices a nerd anyways? WHY YOU GOTTA PICK ON ME?

I was pretty much aggravated the whole day and I didn’t want to walk home. So, I decided to take the bus for once. I got on pretty late so there were no open seats. No big deal, I can stand. I stood in the back of the bus, holding onto the railing. It was pretty boring so I decided to read a manga book in one hand, while the other kept my balance.

Even on the bus, people make fun of me. There were 3 boys, but only 2 were talking.

“Hey, look. It’s that nerd at our school!”

“Haha man, what a loser. She’s even reading on the bus, looks like she’s having a fun time studying.” They both snickered.

Excuse me, I’m reading a MANGA if you haven’t noticed. And it’s awesome. Too bad there isn’t a 2nd volume yet... Only 10 of them have been leaked and sold out.

Suddenly, the bus went over a hole in the road, causing everyone to lose their balance. I fell backwards and let go of the railing during the whole process. I thought I would fall onto the ground and closed my eyes to embrace the fall, but I only felt a pair of arms around me. It was one of the 3 boys who stood behind me, the one who didn’t talk.

“You should be careful next time and hold on tight,” he smiled at me. What a pretty boy..

He stood me back up on my feet and noticed the book in my hand, “Ah! You read the ‘Accidentally in Love’ manga?”

I blushed and quickly hid the book, a nerd like me reading such a girly book? Even more embarrassing.

“I read it too!” he smiled so brightly.

At those words I looked up at him, “You read girl books...?”

His eyes widened as he just realized what he had implied in his own words, “Uh, no! I just.. You know– Yeah...” he lowered his head in shame.

I couldn’t help but laugh, “I like this book, it’s good.” I smiled at him.

He looked up again and smiled, happy that I didn’t care about his weird hobbies, “Did you know there was 10 books of the 2nd volume sent out by the author as a tease and they were sold out in seconds?”

“Yeah, I heard! I really want to read the second one, I can’t help but feel empty when I think that I’ll finish the first one so soon.”

“You know... I have the 2nd one.” My eyes widened.

“Really?! How did you get it? You are sooo lucky!”

He smiled, “I could let you borrow it if you want? I’ve already finished reading it.”

“Omg, yes please~! How would you give it to me? I don’t usually ride the bus.”

“Hmm.. I’ll see you around school I guess. What’s your homeroom?”

“325... But you’re not actually going to go in just to give me a book, right? Everyone will stare.” *Especially since you’re so cute.*

He chuckled, “Ok, I guess your locker is around there so I’ll see you around some time.” He held his hand out, “My name’s Lee Chihoon.”

I slipped my hand into his and we shook hands. “Lee Eunji.” I smiled. But it soon fell when I heard his friends talking behind me. “Uh, aren’t you embarrassed, talking to an ugly nerd like me?” *Oh, I have to get off at the next stop.*

“Why should I? You’re not ugly, you’re cute. Behind those glasses you use to hide yourself, you’re cute. And I know it.” He smiled.

“Uh, this. My stop– I’m getting off now...” I stumbled off the bus as he waved goodbye with that smile of his.

When I got home, Chunji asked why my face was so red. I didn’t want to tell him it was me blushing so hard.