Electricity.

Accidentally in Love

Younha and Hwayoung waited beside me as I shut my locker closed. “You ready?”

I nodded and we left the school. We’d decided that they’d come over to my house and hang out. It was a Friday, after all.

We had just stepped outside of school grounds and left the gate, “Are you guys sleeping over, or what?” I asked.

Younha shrugged, her answer really depended on Hwayoung’s. “I don’t know, I’ll think of an answer later. It usually comes to me when the day’s almost over.” It really does. Hwayoung always figures it out at like 8PM, when she feels like sleeping over or going home. It just comes to her. She opened to speak again when something caught her attention at the corner of the sidewalk.

Younha looked over, “Hey, it’s your brother and his friends.”

I looked over, and there was Chunji and Teen Top. Since they were pretty far, Chunji and I just exchanged nods. But the other members seemed to notice, too and walked towards us.

“Where are you guys headed?” Chunji nodded at Younha and Hwayoung.

“Our house,” I told him. “They’re coming over to hang out.”

Ricky pushed past him, “Really? We’re headed to CAP hyung’s house right now.”

Chunji pushed him away again, “Mom and Dad aren’t home until late, they’re at some concert. Don’t do anything rash, I’m coming home late, too.”

“Oh, ok. You guys should just stay over then.” I told Younha and Hwayoung. The nodded.

Changjo squeezed up front, “Why don’t you come over to CAP hyung’s house, so you won’t be lonely?” His eyes were beaming, hoping that I’d say yes. Before I could say anything, Changjo yelped in pain.

“Ow!” he rubbed the back of his head.

“Yah, don’t go inviting people to someone else’s house. Don't you have any manners?” CAP scolded Changjo. Then he looked back up at us with a sudden change in softness in his eyes, “So, how ‘bout it?”

Changjo’s jaw dropped as CAP repeated his own question, yet chose not to say anything back to the elder.

I chuckled.

“Just so you know, I’m not rich like the rest of you guys. I don’t even know how we’ll squeeze all 9 people...“ CAP scratched his head.

“Sure, we’ll come.” I smiled; knowing Hwayoung and Younha would just rely on me to answer.

Niel clapped, “Yay, pretty noonas at CAP hyung’s house. Woot woot!” He danced as we walked to CAP’s house

——

“Duh duh duh dun! We’ve arrived at CAP hyung’s commoner house!” Changjo, Ricky, and Niel chorused.

CAP, L. Joe, and Chunji slapped their heads for being rude.
“Yah, all of you always want to go to my commoner house so stop making fun of it.” He turned to us, “Come on in.” He led us to the front door.

We stepped inside and looked around, mouths agape a little.

I subconsciously let out my thoughts, “Wah, Minsoo oppa. Your house is tinyyyy.”

He chuckled, “Yah, everyone’s house is tiny compared to you rich people.”

Changjo pushed me in, “Come to the tiny living room! We’ll get you drinks!” He scurried to the kitchen with Ricky.

“Aish, those brats act like it’s their house...” CAP scratched the back of his head.

We sat down at the coffee table and the TV while we waited for whatever juice Changjo and Ricky will be serving.

I sat next to Chunji, “Wahh oppa, look at their ancient TV...” I whispered.

“I know right, it only has about 100 channels!” Chunji whispered back.

“Yah, you guys sound so spoiled right now. Even if you aren’t trying to,” L. Joe chuckled.

CAP laughed along, “Yeah, the four of you came from rich families. From the middle class that we are in, this house is pretty good for commoners.”

“Not our fault we were born into rich, intelligent, successful families.” Hwayoung, Younha, Chunji and I shrugged.

L. Joe raised his eyebrow, “Are you guys being cocky now?” He laughed.

We turned to each other and high-fived. CAP and L. Joe shook their heads with a smile. “Yah, Changjo! Ricky! Where are the drinks?!” CAP shouted towards the kitchen.

“Uhh, coming!” they shouted back.

“Sounds suspicious...” CAP raised his eyebrow.

I giggled, “I’ll go check up on them.”

I walked towards the kitchen where the maknaes were and my hand automatically went up to cover my mouth. “Omo! What happened here?”

Changjo’s eyes widened and ran up to me to cover my already-covered mouth, “Shh! We spilled soda on the floor, help us clean pleaaaaaase~!” I laughed and nodded my head.

“EUNJIIII? What’s taking so looong!” CAP shouted from the living room, “Did they do something to youuuu!”

“Nooo!” I shouted back, smiling. “Just snooping around your kitchen!”

Ricky and Changjo high-fived as they heard me cover for them.

10 minutes later

“We’re here with the soda~” Ricky, Changjo, and I chorused.

“It’s about time…” L. Joe walked up to grab some Sprite.

I quickly picked it up to give it to him. Our hands touched for a split second and it felt like electricity went through my whole body.

*Woah, what was that?* I shrugged it off. *Probably static from him sitting on the floor*

A smirk slowly crept on my face, oh what an idea I have.

I sat behind everyone, making sure no one saw what I was doing, and rapidly rubbed my hand on the carpet floor. After a while, I stopped. *This should be good enough*

I snuck up on Niel and poked his neck with the hand that was charged full of static electricity and quickly looked away like nothing happened.

“AHH!” Niel slapped his neck, hoping to stop the pain.

I look around the room, pretending to admire his house as I was whistling.

“Eunji! That hurt!” Niel whined.

I looked at him with a clueless expression, “What hurt?”

“My neck! You shocked me!” he pointed to his neck.

“I don’t see anything, it’s not red so it doesn’t look like it hurts,” I shrugged with a smile.

CAP raised his eyebrow, “Niel, you’re going crazy.”

“No I’m not..!” Niel crossed his arms and mumbled angry words as he pouted.

I crept up on him again and gently blew on his neck, making him jump in surprise. He looked at me with widened eyes that said “What was that for, now?!” He didn’t want to shout again, he know the others wouldn’t believe him.

“Does it feel better now?” I smiled.

He smirked, “What a prankster you are, Eunji. First you prank, and then you console? Haha come here, best frienddd.” He whispered the last part as he put his arm around my neck and  gave me a noogie. He left his arm on my shoulder and we continued to watch the movie.

L. Joe had seen the whole thing. *Why do they look like a couple… Whatever. Not my problem.* He stayed quiet for the rest of the time and watched the movie.