Sudden Plans

Accidentally in Love

“This was a boring week…” CAP stared out of the window blankly.

“Yeah, tomorrow’s Saturday and I’m probably just gonna stay home and do nothing..” I nodded with my chin in my hand.

Ricky, Niel, and Changjo grinned, “Then how about we all go somewhere tomorrow?”

L. Joe and Chunji raised their eyebrows, “Where….?”

“LOTTE WORLD!”  Everyone ran in screaming with joy as we entered the amusement park. L. Joe and I shook our heads in shame, “They’re such kids…”

Before I knew it, we were the only ones left. I awkwardly swayed on my toes and heels.

“So… Wanna ride that roller coaster?” L. Joe pointed to the large contraption stretching across the amusement park.

I immediately brightened, “Yeah, let’s go!” I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the line.

His eyes widened as he stared at our intertwined hands. He started to get nervous *Omg I’m sweating.* He jerked his hand out of mine and changed the topic, to avoid being awkward. “You’re not scared of roller coasters?”

I chuckled, “Hell no, they’re so fun. I love the butterflies I get in my stomach. I just can’t handle anything that’ll get me dizzy, they make me sick and want to puke.”

“Same here,” he laughed. Suddenly he stopped laughing when we were in the front of the line. *Holy , I forgot I hate roller coasters!*

“Omg L. Joe! We’re first in line now, we get to pick where we want to sit~ Where do you want to sit? I like it in the front! So thrilling~”

*Oh, hell no. That’ll scare the out of me.* “I like the middle! It’s my favorite.” L. Joe blurted out.

“Really? I don’t mind. We can sit in the middle then.”

*Phew, the middle makes me less nervous. But omg I’m gonna scream so much, I hate that feeling in my stomach! Makes me feel like I’m gonna die.* L. Joe was getting light-headed just thinking about it.

“Next up.” The worker called.
“Wee, let’s go L. Joe!” I squealed as I ran to the seats.

L. Joe put the seat belts on as tight as possible and held on to the railing. I put my hands on the railing, too. Except they were pretty far apart, almost touching L. Joe’s. His were so close together, as if they were connected. I wonder why. Weird.

“We’re moving, we’re moving!” I squealed as the man pressed the ‘GO’ button.

L. Joe’s eyes widened. *Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. We’re moving. I’m gonna die oh my god oh my god oh my—* “GOOODDDDDDDD!!!” L. Joe screamed as the roller coaster shot down the ramp.

“WEEEEEE!!” I was about to raise my arms in the air when L. Joe suddenly grabbed one hand and held it tight.

I looked over to see L. Joe’s eyes closed tightly and he was hunched over, as if he was clenching his stomach to ease the butterfly feeling in his stomach. Not to mention he was basically strangling my left hand. *Heh, he’s scared of roller coasters? Cute.*

The ride was over after a couple more loops and drops. L. Joe nearly ran out of the ride as soon as the seat belts were lifted.

I found him at a bench, clutching his stomach as if he was about to puke. His other hand was on his forehead, was he sweating?

I ran to go buy a can of Sprite quickly and placed it on his cheek, which made him jerk.

I smiled, “Need a drink?”

He gratefully took the can and gulped it down with a refreshing “Ahh~”

“Sooo~ Our badass L. Joe is scared of roller coasters, huh?” I smirked.

“Shut up, those things are death machines.” He crossed his arms.

“Why did you pick the biggest roller coaster here if you’re scared of them? “ I raised my eyebrow.

“I completely forgot until we reached the front of the line. I just chose the first ride I saw and you looked like you really liked it so I went,” he shrugged.

*Sweet? Or just forgetful…?* “Haha, well where do you want to go now? Your pick,” I winked.

He chuckled, “After my stomach calms down, I’ll think of something.”

He grabbed my arm and pulled me down onto the bench next to him.

“My head is tired, too,” he rested his head on my shoulder for a few minutes until he calmed down.

*He’s just resting, why is my heart beating so fast?*

*BOOM* I turned around to see L. Joe’s bumper car hit me from behind. “Yah! How did you get behind me?!” I turned around as quickly as possible to get him back but he was too sly. He had hit me again from the side. “Yah, why are you so good at this?!”

He laughed, “I don’t know, because I’m a guy?” Right then, he crashed into me again. I drove forward and was like 2 feet away when our cars stopped in its tracks, indicating our time was up. “Ah what the heck! I almost got you!” I crossed my arms and pouted.

L. Joe pointed at me and laughed, “Better luck next time!” He stuck his tongue out and ran away.

I chased after him and found him at a photo booth.

“What’s this, you wanna take a picture?” I tilted my head in question.

“Yeah, let’s take one. Look, you can buy special accessories at the end.” He pointed at the special features on the machine.

“Cool, let’s take one!” I ran into the booth.

“5 photos = 1 photo strip for $5…” L. Joe read from the list. “This one, ok?” I nodded as he touched the screen and entered the settings.

“Ok what’s our theme for the pictures?” I asked.

“Victory signs!” he made a V with his fingers and looked at the camera.

“Cheese!” I smiled as I made a peace sign.

“Next is… Goofy!” I rolled my eyes back and stuck my tongue out. L. Joe put his hands on his cheeks and stretched his face down.

“Now.. Cool?” L. Joe put his hand on his chin and raised his eyebrow. I giggled at his attempt to look manly and tried to look cool, too. I put my hand on my forehead like I was sick, but looked at the camera with a cool expression. I think I looked hot in that one~

“Cute!” I puckered my lips slightly and poked my cheeks.

L. Joe didn’t know how to look cute at all and got annoyed so he crossed his arms and pouted, angrily. Does he not know how cute he looks right now?

“Last one… what now?” L. Joe had run out of ideas.

“Um.. Heart?”  I shaped my right hand like half of a heart and gestured for him to do the same with his left.

“What’s that… so stupid.” Yet he did it anyways. We made a complete heart and smiled at the camera.

“Finished!” I clapped in excitement.

“Alright, go outside and get the pictures when they come out while I pay for them.

L. Joe pressed the checkout menu and was about to pay when more options popped up. *Accessories? Oh yeah, that’s why we came here. Hm… I think I’ll pick the small sticker.. 2 copies of the heart picture… Done.*

The photo strip came out and I squealed in happiness. “Omg look how cute I am!”

L. Joe scoffed, “Conceited much? Now let’s go.” He turned me around.

While I was facing away from the photo booth, he reached back and picked up the sticker accessories. He stuck the sticker onto his phone and jogged to catch up to me again.

“Yah, let me see your phone.” He gestured with his hand.

“Sure, here.” I pulled it out of my pocket.

L. Joe typed away as he added his number into my phone. When he finished, he sneakily stuck the sticker onto the back of my phone. “Let’s go find the others,” he smiled and walked ahead of me.

“Ok!” I started to skip as I pulled out my phone again to text Chunji where he was. I felt an extra layer and tilted my head in confusion as I flipped my phone over. A smile tingled on my face as I looked up from the picture and back at L. Joe.