Prizes and Surprises

Accidentally in Love

SCHOOL

Homeroom is only 5 minutes long but it's sooo boring...

"Don't forget to pack your things this weekend for the trip on Monday!"

Yeah, so boring... WOAH, WHAT? We're going on a school trip on Monday?! How come I never heard of this?

DING DONG

1st Period... I have class with Changjo! Better hurry to the Gym and ask him about this.

"Changjo!" I called out to him from across the gym.

He turned around, "Hey Chunji. You psyched for gym today?!" he jumped up and down in excitement.

"Yeah, sure, whatever. There's a marathon today and the girls go first so we have plenty of time to sit and wait. Did you hear about the school trip on Monday?" I asked as we walked to the bleachers.

"Huh? Of course I did, all of our grade's teachers reminded us this whole week. Didn't you pay attention in homeroom?"

"No way, I'm always spacing out in homeroom waiting for it to end. So what's the school trip for?"

"We're going on a five-day, four-nights trip to a ski resort! Isn't our school awesome? A whole week off of school, any student would dream of that."

"Hmm. Not bad, not bad. How are our rooms divided?"

"Luckily for us, 6 people in one room!"

"Showers?"

"Uh they provide us with those open public bath thingies, you know?"

WHAT? "Woah, woah, woah. You're telling me that when I'm washing myself, all the guys can see me exposed?"

"Well, if you wanna think dirty... Then, yes." 

... . Everyone's gonna know I'm a girl! And if I don't shower, they'll say Chunji's dirty! WAIT, I just thought of something.

"When can we use the showers? Do we all have to use it at the same time?"

"From what I heard, you can use it whenever you want."

YES! I just have to wake up really early to shower everyday. THIS IS GONNA BE FUN~!

"ALL BOYS ON THE TRACK NOW!" our P.E teacher called.

Time for the mile-marathon.... Sigh. I'm just not going to try, it's not like it matters anyways.

"The person who runs the fastest time gets a prize!"

Sounds tempting...

"What's the prize?"

"Can't tell you until it's over."

Not tempting enough, it's probably some crappy gift since they won't tell us.

"Fine, I guess I just won't run then. Since the reward isn't so special that you can't even tell us what it is."

"Yeah! I don't want to try hard if the prize is some piece of ." All of the students started complaining, which made the teacher look troubled.

"Aish, fine! I don't know what's gotten into the principal... But the prize is $50." Everyone's jaw dropped, including mine.

$50?! For one measly mile that doesn't even count towards our grade?! WOAH, I am SO in!

"All right? NOW EVERY ONE ON THE STARTING LINE!"

I am so going to win this, but I don't want to try so hard for no reason. So I'll just run on par with the fastest guy here until he gets tired, yes, yes. And if he doesn't get tired, I'll just speed up before we get too close to the finish line.

"On your mark, get set, GO!" All the boys starting sprinting, what idiots. They'll just get tired fast and I'll catch up with them in no time just by jogging.

Soon, I was pretty behind everyone. All the girls were shocked, "Why is Chunji oppa so slow? Come on, oppa! You can win this!"

I don't need you to tell me... 

We're at the 1/4-mile mark now and I can spot some boys already haha! Time to speed up and find the person in the lead.

One by one, I was passing all the boys. At the 2/4-mile mark and I finally found the current first-place! And he is... CHANGJO? Omg, sorry Changjo. But I'M gonna win this!" 

I sped up to jog alongside Changjo. "Hey, buddy!" I patted his shoulder.

"O-oh, hey ... man." He's running out of breath, haha. "Are.. y-you after... the money... too?'

I nodded, "Yup! Sorry man, but I'm gonna beat you." I stuck my tongue out.

His jaw dropped, "No way man! Up until now you were last place!"

"That was my strategy, man. See how tired you are and I'm not? That's because I was last place until now. Oh, look. It's the 3/4-mile mark already. Well I gotta go!" I waved and sprinted towards the finish line.

"Look, someone's almost finished already!"

"No way, so soon?! Who is it?"

"It's.... Jaehyun!"

"Aww, I was hoping it was Chunji oppa!"

"Wow, well he IS known for being the fastest in the grade.."

Yay, I'm almost at the finish line! WOAH WAIT, WHO'S THAT? Someone's ahead of me! And I thought Changjo was ahead of everyone! Damn it, this guy... I guess I have no choice but to sprint past him. Luckily for me, I can see he's already tired.

I stopped in my place and got low, in a running start position. 3, 2, 1, I zipped past Jaehyun, who was about 500ft. ahead of me and made it to the finish line. It was silent for a while until they all started cheering at the person who is now the fastest person in the grade.

"Hey teach, when do I retrieve my prize?"

"Uh yeah. You can get it from the principal at the end of the day. Just give him this and he'll trade you it with the money." he handed me a medal, cheaply made of course. But as long as I get the money, I'm fine~

I'm gonna give this money to Chunji after I tell him what happened today. Lalala~

LUNCH TIME

Oh my gosh, running so much during only first period MADE ME SO HUNGRY! I started wolfing down my food down as the other guys stared at me.

I pointed at the isolated chicken wing, "You gonna eat that?"

"Uh no... Take it." L. Joe pushed it towards me. Yay!

CAP finally spoke, "Dude, why are you so hungry today?"

"There was -NOMNOMNOM- a mile run -MUNCHMUNCH- today." I said in the middle of eating.

"You must have ran a lot to be so hungry. I thought you were too lazy to ever try in P.E?" L. Joe asked.

I was too busy finishing up my food, I couldn't answer.

"There was a prize today. And he won..." Changjo mumbled.

Ricky was surprised, "A prize? But those mile runs aren't even counted towards your grade, why would they give you a prize?"

"Ask the principal." I told him.

L. Joe was curious, "What did they give you?"

"50 bucks." Changjo pouted with his arms crossed.

Niel choked on his lunch, "FIFTY DOLLARS? That's bogus! How come WE never got anything like that?!"

"I don't know, but I won~!" I smiled brightly. "Oh, yeah. You guys ready for the ski trip next week?"

"HELL YEAH!" Ricky and Changjo shouted. CAP and Niel high-fived.

"I hate skiing..." L. Joe mumbled while picking at his food.

"Huh, did you say something, L. Joe?" I asked him.

"L. JOE SAYS HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SKI!" L. Joe slapped a hand over Niel's noisy mouth and tried to cover his red face from blushing too much.

I giggled. *He looks so cute right now, compared to his usual cool self* "That's so out of your character, L. Joe. How can you not know how to ski? If anyone knows, that'll ruin your image," I snickered.

"Shut up..." he said, still covering his face.

I chuckled, "Don't worry, my sister and I have never gone skiing before. So we don't know how to ski, either." I could see L. Joe crack a smile, happy that someone is in the same boat as him.

"Do you need someone to teach you?" CAP asked.

"Yeah, just for a while. Who's the best skier here?"

"Me, of course," Changjo struck a pose.

"Haha, ok. I'm gonna need you to teach me on the first day."

"The first day? You're saying you can learn it in one day?" Changjo raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, there's nothing us twins can't do." I stuck my tongue out. "Wait. It's a ski resort but there's snowboarding, too. Right?"

Ricky answered, "There should be. Most ski resorts are like that."

"Yay! I'm a pro at snowboarding~ L. Joe, I'll teach you how to snowboard instead of skiing! It fits your image better, anyways."

"Ok..." he looked at CAP, "Is snowboarding easier?"

"I don't know, I guess they'd be the same.."

"Alright, then I'll leave it up to you," we high-fived.

"Awesome. With me as your teacher, you'll be second best in no time! After me, of course," I stuck my tongue out.