Rain

100 Prompts (The Showdown sequel...kinda)

This will be a double update - 96 and 97 are going up together!

 

 

Okay…this is really a drabble…but it’s raining outside right now and this just popped in my head so…enjoy. 

 

 

#96 – Writer’s Choice: Rain

 

 

There had been nothing in the forecast about rain. 

 

The skies this morning had been a bright, crystal clear blue, with only a few scattered wisps of white that one could barely call clouds scattered about the skies.

 

Without any warning from the meteorologist, no one had paid attention as the little fluffs became more substantial.  So everyone was quite blindsided by the sudden opening of the heavens midway through the afternoon, raining despite a sun still brightly shining. 

 

Shrieks filled the air as staff and stars ducked for cover. 

 

The show that they were filming had involved them doing an obstacle course.  A member was meant to complete their part of the course and then tag the hand of the next member to complete the next section.  Because of this SHINee was scattered all over the place. 

 

Minho coolly stepped two steps to the side and under a large parasol umbrella intended for the sun, but working against the rain as well.  Onew jogged lightly back in from his post and ducked into a car in the parking lot.  Jonghyun let loose a garbled yelp and raced up a small staircase and into the lobby of a nearby building.  Taemin was the farthest out and came belting back in, catching up to Key as he did. 

 

The pair caught eyes and started laughing at the silliness of the moment.  The rain was falling in fat drops that succeeded in soaking one through in seconds.  The pair was already a sopping mess and nowhere near a covering. 

 

As though reading each other’s thoughts, the both slowed and just looked at each other. 

 

Kibum reached out a long arm and wrapped it around Taemin, pulling the younger man in closer and closing his hands around Taemin’s neck.

 

The dancer’s arms went around the rappers waist instinctively. 

 

“Bummie…?”  Taemin whispered.

 

“Let’s dance.”  Kibum laughed and started swaying and tugging at Taemin’s left side to encourage the other man to spin on the spot where he stood. 

 

Taemin ducked his head slightly, trying to hide a blush.  “Bummie…everyone can see…” 

 

“Oh, so what?!” The older man laughed and gently petted Taemin’s hair. 

 

Taemin glanced up at his boyfriend and his breathe caught somewhere in his throat.  Never mind that Kibum’s clothing was soaked clear through and was no longer laying as it was supposed to and instead was bunching up oddly in unflattering places.  Never mind that his hair had lost it’s lovely feathering and had fallen flat against his scalp.  Never mind that his make-up was now ruined, streaking it’s way down his face, including the running eyeliner that they were all wearing as a part of the concept for their current promotions.  Never mind that by everything they were ever taught as idols, Kibum was supposed to look awful.  Never mind everything that he was told to think.

 

Kibum still looked beautiful.

 

His eyes glittered with mirth and happiness.  The corners of his mouth were tugged wide across his face and every inch of his visage screamed joy and happiness and contentment. 

 

Merely because he was with Taemin. 

 

And that made Taemin feel warm inside as though the chill from the spring rain wasn’t affecting him at all. 

 

“Hey you two!” Their manager yelled from an overhang a ways away.  “Get out of the rain!  You’ll get sick!” 

 

Kibum rolled his eyes and dropped his forehead to rest for a moment on Taemin’s shoulder, the pair still turning slightly on the spot. 

 

He finally sighed and stepped back after lifting his head.  “Alright, let’s not piss him off.”

 

Hand in hand, the couple strolled leisurely to the overhang that their manager had bellowed from.  Walking without a care in the world, as though there wasn’t a shower of water coming down on them, and as thought they were in some park on a brilliant day and not being spied on by staff and countless others wondering if the pair had somehow lost their minds as they walked about as though the rain did not even exist. 

 

The reached the cover and they found themselves practically covered from head to toe in towels as staffers worked frantically to dry them off under the glaring eye of their manager who seemed less than amused by his singers’ antics. 

 

When the rain did not stopped the production team finally called off the shoot and SHINee was bundled all into the van and sent on their merry way. 

 

Dropping Taemin and Key off at their apartment before taking the rest of SHINee home, the pair stood out in the rain for a moment longer, earning some more stares as they let themselves become soaked though, doing nothing to shield the rain from falling on their heads. 

 

“Alright Bummie,” Taemin tugged gently on his lover’s hand, “Let’s go inside now…”

 

And quietly the couple finally entered their building, content to spend a day cuddled on the couch with nothing but each other to keep themselves entertained.    

 

 

 

 

 

I saw a couple today, just standing outside of a shop, holding hands and not doing anything to block the rain.  And this was born.