Ink

100 Prompts (The Showdown sequel...kinda)

I know!  I know!

 

This story is inching closer and closer and closer to the end but I seem to be barreling through it, but I finally have time to write and a new functioning computer to write on so I want to get through these ideas as they are coming to me. 

 

ANDDDDDDD…8000 views!  Woot!  Getting every closer to the 5 figure mark.

 

 

There is an implication of in this chapter…but nothing actually happens and the language is tame so I’m not going to rate this one…but just in case that’s not your thing, skip the last part of this then.

 

 

 

#89 – Ink

 

 

 

Kibum shifted under the sheets, curling up into Taemin’s warmth.

 

A pleasantly calm sensation filtered through his mind as it reached wakefulness. 

 

Kibum allowed his eyes to drift open for a moment before yawning lightly and closing them once more, tucking his head below Taemin’s chin with a happy sigh, tracing his fingertips lightly over the bared skin of his husband’s chest.

 

Husband.

 

They were married.

 

Finally, it was official.  Kibum almost wanted to pinch himself, because part of him couldn’t believe it to be true. 

 

Taemin and Kibum were currently on their honeymoon.  They had gone to New Zealand for a couple of days while Jinae stayed with Taemin’s parents.  They had been to the country once, while they were still members of SHINee for a photo shoot, but it was so incredibly nice to be able to just enjoy themselves and rest and not have to do any work.

 

The designer shifted again, trying to bury himself back in the blissful nothing of sleep but also knowing that he was too far down the road to morning to be able to go back.  

 

There was something niggling at the back of his mind anyway.  Something he was supposed to do…but the thought flitted away.

 

Taemin began to shift around under Kibum and he knew that the writer would soon be joining him in wakefulness. 

 

Kibum slowly pushed himself up and started to stretch out his muscles.  He was pleasantly sore in all the right ways and his smile was genuine as Taemin’s eyes finally fluttered open and darted about the room before settling on the pale skin of his husband and a lazy smile drifted onto his face.

 

“Morning Tae…” Kibum whispered, his eyes smiling.

 

“Morning Bummie,” Taemin mumbled, his eyes sliding shut again.

 

“How you feeling baby?” Kibum asked, running one hand delicately down Taemin’s cheek.

 

He smiled ruefully, and peeked his eyes open again, “A little sore, but I feel pretty good Bummie…”

 

Taemin sat up suddenly, his eyes flown wide as he quickly closed the distance between himself and Kibum.

 

Kibum jerked back a bit startled.  “What?”

 

Taemin slid the sheets down, never mind his , and pulled his right leg closer to his body, looking at a spot just above his ankle on the inside of his leg. 

 

Just there, was a small tattoo.  Maybe one square inch big, a hangeul syllable was visible ‘태.’  Tae, and it was written in Kibum’s handwriting somehow.

 

Kibum quirked his eyebrow until it clicked and the haziness of waking finally left him and the memory of last night started to replay.

 

The couple had gone out for dinner at a restaurant recommended by the manager of their hotel, who seemed fascinated at their ability to speak English, and they had had several glasses of wine with their meal.  They met up with a couple at the restaurant and got to talking and decided to go out to a bar for another round with them.  The husband of that couple was a tattoo artist and they had gone by the shop, just to see what it was like, and somehow along the way, Taemin and Kibum’s alcohol addled minds thought that getting a tattoo was a good idea. 

 

As this rushed back, Kibum adjusted his own position.  He had been sitting back on his feet but now he shifted his own leg so that he could view the inside of his right ankle, ‘붐미.’  Bummie, written, or rather copied by the tattoo artist, in Taemin’s handwriting.

 

Part of Kibum wanted to touch it, to run his fingers over the piece of skin and convince himself that it was really there, but he held back.  It seemed now that he was focusing his attention on the bit of ink on his flesh the tenderness of the area was making itself known. 

 

“We got tattoos…” Taemin said after a long moment, his fingers tugging at the skin around the mark and watching with an odd fascination as the colored skin shifted around as well. 

 

Kibum quirked his head to the side, “Yeah…it does look like it doesn’t it?”

 

Taemin looked up at his husband, “How are we ever going to be able to tell our children ‘no’ if they want a tattoo?”

 

A part of Kibum jolted happily when Taemin said ‘children,’ because they were already looking into adoption to give Jinae a sibling, but the rational part of his mind actually focused on what the other man was asking.

 

“We just tell them that they can wait until they are adults and pay for it and everything themselves…just like we did.”  Kibum even threw in a little nod, happy with his conclusion, before his face gained a little smirk. 

 

Slowly he moved forward and braced his hands gently against Taemin’s shoulders before leaning in for a slow, languid kiss that Taemin returned with gusto, the younger man’s hands sliding up into his husband’s messy bed hair.

 

Kibum slowly pushed Taemin back until he was once again laying on the mattress and Kibum settled on top of him.

 

The designer pulled back and started pressing his lips gently to Taemin’s jaw line, smirking as he felt Taemin beginning to rise to the occasion. 

 

He laughed lightly into Taemin’s neck as he began to make his way down the offered body of his husband. 

 

“It looks like there is an inch of you that I don’t know…” He ran his tongue slowly down his lover’s chest, relishing in the hitching sound of Taemin’s breath that he could still cause after all of these years.  “Guess I’ll have to fix that.” And he engulfed one of Taemin’s pert s in his mouth for a quick before releasing the little bud and delivering a gentle kiss.

 

As Kibum continued the idle thought ran through his mind, questioning whether or not they had thought to put out the do not disturb sign last night when they stumbled in.

 

But when Taemin turned the tables and rolled them over, tangling them both partially in the sheets as he set about his own exploration, the man decided that he just didn’t care. 

 

 

 

 

 

O man…these are seriously coming so quick…but the muses are busy and I’ll take it as it comes. 

 

Comments?