Full Moon

100 Prompts (The Showdown sequel...kinda)

Out of sheer desperation to write something for this prompt, you are getting something cute and fluffy and short.  Limited keytae in this chapter.

 

Things are freaking busy at work right now so there hasn’t been a lot of time to write…or when I had time my brain was kind of melting so I didn’t take the time out to write anything.  But now here is something for you to enjoy!  I hope!

 

 

#94 – Full Moon

 

Jinki glanced around him and wondered just why in the hell he had agreed to this in the first place.

His living room had been overrun by toddlers.

It hadn’t occurred to him, when he had offered his services as a baby sitter for his friends in need that taking in Minho’s daughter and Taemin and Kibum’s daughter for the night would mean that there were four girls, all under the age of five, that would be running about his house.

It was a reality that he was not prepared for until it was shoved headlong in his face by the laughing hand of fate. 

It was a common occurrence for Jinki to watch over Minho’s daughter once a month while he took his wife out on a date.  Same for Taemin and Kibum.  But somehow, these days had never overlapped before.   

Jinki had his youngest daughter, Myunghee bundled in his arms as he tried to sooth her infantile wails. 

Not three feet away his wife Hosook stood, bounding lightly on the balls of her feet trying to calm an equally hysterical Jinae. 

It had started several minutes ago.  There had been relative quiet throughout he apartment when Jinae suddenly pushed herself up on her arms and looked around the room as though searching for something. 

“Wuaah!” She gave off a sharp yelp and then seemed to sit back with a confused expression bunching up her face.

“Jinae sweetie?” Hosook had begun, sliding off of the coach to settle on the floor with baby.  “What to you need sweetie?” She asked in a calm tone, reaching out to pick the girl up.

Jinae swatted a hand at Hosook and her chin had started to tremble as her head moved around once more.  “Wuaah?” she tried again, her voice doing an impressive demonstration of incredulous for an infant.

Then the tears started.  They came fast and loud and, like a flash flood, showed no signs of stopping despite the swiftness of its appearance.

Seemingly in sympathy with her pseudo cousin, Myunghee began to wail as well, holding her arms up to her daddy, seeking comfort.

The pair of one year olds had started crying and nothing from changing diapers to feeding to burping and several tosses pacifiers later the couple stood without any ideas.  They seemed to be feeding off of each other, trying to outdo their counterpart with the volume of their wails increasing in intensity. 

The two year old Sunjung and four year old Chohee stood in the hallway, just at the entrance to the living room, watching the adults just about loose their minds trying to calm the babies in their arms.  The two girls shared a small smirk and backed away from the distracted adults.

 

***

 

It took about twenty more minutes of shushing and singing and other ineffectual attempts to calm the children when Jinki finally caved. 

He struggled to fish into his back pocket for his cell phone as he balanced his daughter in his other arm.  He quickly found Kibum’s number and put the phone to his ear, enjoying the callback tone if only for it being a different sound from what had been perpetually assaulting his ears.

“Yoboseyo?” Kibum laughed into the phone at the man answered.

Jinki had never been so happy to hear his dongsaeng’s voice in his life.  “Kibum…Jinae won’t stop crying, and that got Myunghee crying…” the man trailed off, unable to speak anymore to explain what Kibum could doubtless hear through the phone.

“Put the phone on video call.” Taemin’s voice came over, sounding odd as though it was some distance away. 

The singer sighed but did as ordered, soon looking into the faces of his lovable dongsaengs.  He could see the decorations for the restaurant that they had gone out to in the dim background of the phone. 

“Hyung,” Taemin smirked, “you look terrible.”

The man just shook his head, quirking an eyebrow, silently asking what was next.

“Put the phone up so Jinae can see it,” Kibum said soothingly, elbowing his partner subtly. 

Jinki crossed the room to his wife and held up the phone to the red faced baby his her arms.

Suddenly Kibum’s high-pitched ‘coo’ came out of his phones speaker, bringing Jinae’s fit to a screeching halt as her pudgy little hands rubbed at her eyes and she tried to focus on the image of her fathers in front of her.  “How’s my angel?”

Hosook and Jinki shared a look at the nickname but said nothing.

With Jinae’s ceased crying, Myunghee was quickly calming and now pushed her warm face into Jinki’s tear drenched t-shirt, her tiny little fingers curling up in the fabric. 

Jinae mumbled some mindless baby-garble at the phone and Taemin and Kibum continued to try and calm their daughter over distance. 

Soon enough, Jinae was slumbering in Hosook’s arms, exhausted from crying and Myunghee was well on her way.

So were their caretakers, truth be told.  Slightly trembling limbs lowered the two infants into a play pen where they were quickly covered with soft blankets and the couple fell back onto the couch. 

Taemin and Kibum were laughing from the still active call and Jinki dragged his tired arm up so they could look at the apparently entertained couple. 

Taemin opened his mouth to say something, but stopped at the sudden gasp Hosook let out and at the sight of Jinki’s eyes practically bugging out of his face. 

“What?” Kibum inquired.

Jinki just turned to phone.

Chohee chased after the young Sunjung who was running around the apartment holding her pull-ups rather than wearing them.  In fact the little girl wore nothing but her birthday suit as she giggled, remaining just out of reach of the older girl.

There was a moment of stunned silence from the phone couple before they burst into laughter, Taemin positively cackling and having to use Kibum to keep himself balanced and from toppling off of his chair. 

“Full moon rising tonight!”  He practically bellowed as the little girl’s behind disappeared out of sight back down the hallway.

Jinki just shook his head.  Seriously, what the hell had be been thinking?

 

 

 

 

 

These characters haven’t appeared for a while so I decided to give them a last hurrah as this story inches ever closer to completion. 

 

I don’t know if this is a colloquial thing or not, but when someone reveals their bare behind to another it’s called ‘mooning’ them (cuz it tends to be pale and round…like the moon…ha ha ha…yeah, punny I know…).  And a full run can sometimes be referred to as a ‘full moon.’  Just in case anyone was confused by any of that.

 

I don’t know when I will be able to get the next one out to you but it is started so we’ll see about that.

 

Also – I started posting that Onew-fic that I wrote all those months ago and it’s 2/3s of the way up.  It’s called Kiss it and Make it Better and it’s basic premise is that Onew has been tapped to be a groom on We Got Married!  Please check it out if you have some time.  It’s 30 chapters long + a forward and an epilogue.  There are some similar underlying themes to the stuff I’ve played a bit with here so if you like my writing here, odds are that you will like that story as well. 

 

Here’s the link: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/286733/kiss-it-and-make-it-better-jinki-leejinki-onew-shinee-wegotmarried