Revenge

100 Prompts (The Showdown sequel...kinda)

Oh, this one was tough for me...I should have been a worse child...hopefully this seems relatively believable...

 

#65 – Revenge

 

 

Jonghyun smirked.  Oh was he going to get them good.

 

His bed was against the wall that his and Minho’s room shared with Key and Taemin’s. 

 

It wasn’t that he was against his friends…um…having a good time…

 

He just was against hearing it.

 

Minhowouldn’t switch beds with him and there was really no way to rearrange the room and still fit both beds in there.

 

One nights when the two felt the need to be…er…amorous…he found himself out on the couch in their living room, having dragged his pillow and blanket out there to sleep. 

 

So he was going to get a little revenge.

 

Nothing too bad, just a little prank.

 

It would be hysterical. 

 

He started with Key.

 

He was the louder one anyway. 

 

His revenge was relatively simple really.  Just a simple switch of the bottles…

 

Jonghyun snickered as he tip-toed through Taemin and Key’s room to their attached bathroom.  He slipped through the door and walked right up to the shower, sliding the curtain open and practically giggling with glee. 

 

He reached up to the top of three mini triangle-shaped shelves that were wedged into the tiled corner.  He closed his hands around Key’s expensive shampoo and actually cackled.  He put the bottle that he was carrying in the exact same place, and gently tugged the curtain back into its previous position before slipping out of the room, leaving everything as it had been before. 

 

Now he just had to wait.

 

Jonghyun was watching TV with Minho when he heard the water start to run that evening.  This was going to be epic!  He bit the inside of his lips to keep himself from giggling like a school girl.  As it was he couldn’t focus on the show anymore.  He just kept waiting for that girly squeal to erupt and then he would have found his little revenge. 

 

“What are you guys watching?” Key walked out of the kitchen with a glass of water in one hand.

 

“Nothing re---“ Jonghyun stopped up short. 

 

“!” he screamed, jumping to his feet and racing off to the site of his apparently failed prank.

 

Minhoshot back against the couch startled and Key just stared, before realized where the singer was heading and quickly following after him.

 

Jonghyun had just thrown open the door to the bedroom when Taemin’s yelp was heard throughout the apartment. 

 

Key shoved Jonghyun out of the way and ran into the bathroom slamming the door behind him.

 

Jonghyun gulped – he was screwed.

 

*****

 

Taemin stared at the red-tinted water that was now flowing down the drain. 

 

He had just lathered up his hair and had moved under the water to rinse it all off.

 

I’m bleeding!Flashed through Taemin’s head and he wasn’t even conscious of his startled yelp that had alerted Kibum to something being wrong.

 

The door banged open and shut so quickly that Taemin didn’t know how anyone would have managed to make their entrance in that time.    

 

“Tae?” Kibum’s worried rushed over the sound of the water.

 

Taemin turned off the water, “I think I’m bleeding…”

 

Kibum tore open the curtain, an alarmed expression on his face.

 

Taemin stood with his hands outstretched in front of him, palms up, staring at the red-tinted water that dripped from his fingertips.  Pale red rivulets flowed down Taemin’s arms, chest and face, and Taemin’s eyes followed the drops as they crashed to the shower floor and moved sluggishly towards the drain. 

 

His mind raced over what he had to have done to hurt himself.  Nothing hurt…he didn’t remember bumping into anything or bonking his head in anyway…so why was he bleeding…? 

 

Kibum however, could see a blob of too-red goo stuck to the currently blonde strands of hair.  He stepped into the shower, instantly soaking his socks on the wet floor but taking no notice.  He swiped his finger through the blob and brought it down to in between both of their faces.

 

Taemin squinted as his focus was suddenly forced much closer to the eye than it had been.

 

“Is that…?” Taemin started.

 

“Ketchup,” Kibum affirmed with a sigh.  He reached up to the shelf that held the shampoo and took down the offending bottle.

 

He snickered a little, smirking at Taemin’s sheepish look. 

 

“Serves you right for not checking the bottle before you used it.” Kibum chided.

 

Taemin rolled his eyes, “Why do I have ketchup in my hair?  Why is their ketchup in the shower?!” 

 

Kibum just laughed, “I think it was Jonghyun…and it was meant for me…he just freaked out when he saw me out there and realized that you were the one in here…”

 

Kibum shifted Taemin around, inspecting the damage.  “Alright, let’s wash this all out…” he mumbled. 

 

He stepped backward over the lip of the shower, careful not to trip himself as he moved backward. 

 

Without closing the curtains, they started up the water again and Kibum helped Taemin to clear the bright condiment from his hair. 

 

Taemin closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of Kibum’s fingers carding so carefully through his hair.  That combined with the high pressure of the water on his scalp gave Taemin a cozy feeling inside.  If he hadn’t been standing he might have actually been able to fall asleep right there it was just so wonderful. 

 

He groaned lightly to show his appreciation and heard Kibum scoff.  “Feel good huh?”

 

“Mmmmhmmmm,” Taemin hummed, a calm smile on his face, “Real good…”

 

Kibum just shook his head with a short huff and continued trying to rinse the residual pink hue from his boyfriend’s hair.

 

After a few minutes though it seemed futile to try any more and he cut the water.  He continued to slip his fingers through the wet strands and sighed a little before grabbing a towel and throwing it about Taemin’s head.

 

“We get to go yell at Jonghyun now…”

 

Taemin stepped out of the shower, still toweling at his hair, “Why?” he asked before dropping the towel and seeing himself in the mirror. 

 

His freshly dyed pale blonde hair, prepared for their comeback next week, was now a pale pink.

 

Taemin’s face fell looking at the mirror, bringing his hand up slowly to touch the pale strands.  He shook his head slowly and dropped his jaw before mashing his teeth back together with an audible click.  “The dino is so dead…”

 

He bolted out to their room and quickly slipped on a pair of sweatpants and threw on a t-shirt that clung to his still wet back. 

 

“Jonghyun!” Taemin yelled, tearing open the door and storming out into the main room. 

 

Jonghyun looked like the kid who had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  He shrunk into the couch without looking up at the angry man.

 

Minho had gone to the kitchen to get something to eat and came out to see what the commotion was snorted, shooting food out of his mouth because he couldn’t help it. 

 

Jonghyun glanced up at the rapper’s reaction and his eyes flew wide when they landed upon the maknae.

 

Taemin had his hands planted firmly on his hips, and an impressive scowl upon his face. 

 

“My hair is pink…” Taemin said simply, apparently channeling the attitude of Key who stood smirking behind him. 

 

“Ahh…yeah…” Jonghyun smiled feebly.  “It was…I was…” Jonghyun groaned and dropped his head against the back of the couch.  “It was a prank…but it was meant for Key…”

 

“Yah!” Key stepped forward, and proceeded to tear into SHINee’s vocal powerhouse who was cowed by the end of the tirade. 

 

When they showed up for practice the next day, Taemin had to endure being yelled at by their manager for how he had managed to screw up his hair only hours after having had it bleached. 

 

Taemin’s eyes kept glancing over towards Jonghyun with a slight glare, but they also held a promise and the singer knew that he was in for it.

 

And the prank war began.

 

They started with psychological warfare.  Jonghyun knew that the dancer was going to try and get back at him, but it seemed like he was bringing Key in on the fun.  The pair could be seen talking in hushed tones, continually glancing over at Jonghyun with knowing smiled on their faces.

 

Jonghyun kept expecting something to happen.  But days went by and all that happened was the addition of little chuckles and smirks to the couple’s conversations.  The paranoia crept in on him and soon whenever the pair was around Jonghyun made himself scarce.

 

Giving the pair ample time for their retaliation.

 

Taemin slipped into the room that Jonghyun shared with Minho while they both were out.  He booted up Jonghyun’s laptop and smirked – this one would be brilliant.  He quickly made a screen cap of Jonghyun’s desktop.  Then he hid all of the icons that littered the page before setting the screen cap as the desktop background.  Now it would look exactly like it would normally appear, so Jonghyun wouldn’t know that anything was up at first, but then when he tried to click on any of the icons – it just wouldn’t work.  He could already picture Jonghyun clicking on the folders or game icons and becoming frustrated when none of it worked. 

 

Taemin snickered and powered down the computer and slipped back out of the room.

 

Later, Kibum slipped in as well, after all the prank had been meant for him.  He wasn’t so good at pranking and his personality was really far too straight forward to come up with anything truly sneaky, but after straining his brain for several days he came up with the idea of stapling Jonghyun’s bed sheets to the frame.  That way when the singer tried to get into bed he simply wouldn’t be able to without a little extra effort (and a staple remover which he had already stashed away in his and Taemin’s room). 

 

Jonghyun came in that night, too tired to think and tore back the sheets before he even knew that anything was wrong.  The sound of fabric tearing filled the room and woke up the sleeping Minho. 

 

Seeing the edges of the sheets still attached to the frame, bent over with an awkward arch, he knew what happened.  But he was almost grateful in a way.  They finally did something, they finally got back at him and he could stop looking over his shoulder now. 

 

Sighing, he figured that he would deal with the sheets in the morning and just collapsed into the bed and slept open to the air for the night. 

 

The group got a bigger laugh the next morning when Jonghyun let out a frustrated grunt and stomped into the room. 

 

“Okay, all the money I spent on this computer and the damn thing doesn’t work!”

 

Taemin bit the inside of his cheek and tried not to smile but inside he was doing flips that it had worked. 

 

Minho grabbed at the laptop and placed it in his lap and started clicking around on his own. 

 

After a few minutes a smile began to grow on his face.

 

Finally looking up, he laughed at Jonghyun.  “Looks like they did more than staple your sheets to your bed.”

 

Taemin and Kibum glanced at each other.

 

“You stapled his sheets to his bed?” Taemin asked in surprise, his eyebrows rising into his hair.

 

“What did you do to his computer?” Kibum countered, looking genuinely impressed that the dancer had managed to do something to the singer’s computer.

 

“He screen-caped the desktop and used that as the wallpaper.” Minho smirked, “You’re sneakier than I thought…” Minho said, looked appraisingly at the maknae. 

 

“But my computer isn’t broken?” Jonghyun asked, still sounding nervous.

 

Taemin laughed, “No, it’s not broken, I’m not that much of an .”  He shook his head, “All you have to do is put the icons back on the desktop.”

 

Onew cleared his throat, getting the attention of SHINee.  “Alright, so now that revenge has been had…no more pranks alright?  We’ve got too much going on preparing for our comeback to have all of this stuff going on too.”

 

He met the eyes of each member of SHINee and they knew that this was leader Onew talking now, “Alright?” he asked again with a raised brow.

 

There was a chorus of sheepish agreements, even Minho somehow feeling told off even though he hadn’t done anything but appreciate the pranks that the others pulled. 

 

But as they left for the schedules for the day Taemin and Kibum looked at each other with an amused glance – revenge had been fun.

 

 

 

Comments show you care!