Chapter 20: Who said chores were easy?

Only 60 seconds

SooJung POV

We were back at the house and JaeBum left me a note. It was the list of chores I had to do. I read it then sighed. I put the note in my pocket and walked towards the storage room. First chore: Mopping the floor. I went to go get the mop. Someone knocked on the door behind me when I was looking for the mop, it was Kai. 

" What is the second chore? I'll do it."

" It's okay, you guys can go rest, I'm fine here."

" No really. Tell me."

I sighed and I took out the note and passed it to him. I knew I couldn't escape this one.

" Okay, cleaning the furniture....do I just take this and wipe all the dust off?" He said holding a duster. I nodded. He smiled at me then left the room. When I turned around, there was another knock on the door. It was Suho. 

" Is there a chore I can help you with? Let me see that note." He had his hands out waiting for me to pass the note to him. He looked at the note and went through al the chores. 

"I'll wash the clothes." He said with a smile, then he left the room. I found the mop and dragged it out of the storage room with the bucket full of water. I turned around to close the door, when I turned back around, Chen was facing me. 

" What can I help you with?" With a smile on his face, he grabbed the note from my hands. Going down the list of chores with his fingers, he said " I'll do the hardest one, the dishes. I'm the best one aren't I?" Then he ran off towards the kitchen. 

I smiled then started mopping the floors. Someone came up behind me and tapped my back. It was Luhan.

" Here give me that. You do something else, it's not good for your back to bend over like this." He said putting his hands on the mop.

I took out the list of chores and checked off all the ones that were already done, well at least close to being done, I hope. I read through the whole list of chores and chose to fold the clothes next. I walked upstairs and into the laundry room. I took the whole basket of clean clothes and dragged them into my room. I picked up a shirt and looked at it.

Wait...how will I know which clothes belongs to who's?

I walked out of the room and was about to look for something else to do other than folding clothes, when I bumped into Baekhyun in the hallway. 

" Oh I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Is there anything I can help you with? I have nothing else to do around here." He said.

He peeked into my room and noticed the basket of clothes beside my bed.

" Oh! Are you folding clothes? Want me to help you? There is so much and you won't even know who is who's, but I do!"

I chuckled a little then nodded. He walked into my room then looked around.

" Wow...you keep this room pretty clean....it looks exactly the same as before"

We both sat down on the floor and started folding the clothes. He came up with the idea that I will gold the clothes and he would just put them in the correct members pile. We worked really fast since there was two of us working at the same time.

" So...you lived in Canada eh? How was it like there?"

" It was nice. The people were different...more variety"

" Ah....do you like Canada more or Korea more?"

I didn't answer. 

Baekhyun POV

She didn't answer me. I noticed she was uncomfortable with the question, so I changed the subject.

" Hm...who do you like the most out of all twelve of us?" I asked her. She looked at me then continued folding the clothes.

" ....I don't know..."

" What do you mean?!?! How could you not know, your favourite is obviously me! Duuhh. I'm handsome, cute, funny, and helpful. See? Would the other members help you fold clothes? No. They wouldn't." I jokingly said.

She smiled. " There are so many if you, it's hard to choose one. Besides, I don't even know you guys well enough yet."

" Then open up!! We aren't going to hurt you, let's be close friends! We will treat you like our younger sister okay?" I said.

She chuckled, then nodded. 

She's pretty cute.

She made me smile.

We were done, we brought the clothes out and started 'handing' them out. The first stack belonged to Kris. 

" Here I'll bring these to Kris's room. Oh you see that stack over there? That's Lay's clothes, so bring it to his room." I said then left.

SooJung POV

I finished putting Lay's clothes in his room and walked by into mine for the next pile. When I walked in, there were little sticky notes on top of every stack. On the note, it said a members name. I smiled then picked up Tao's stack and walked to his room. When I came back, half of the stacks were already gone.

Woah, he's fast.

I picked up another stack and walked towards Suho's room. I came back with only one stack left, and it was Chanyeols. I picked it up and walked up the stairs. His room was the one on the 3rd floor, basically, his room was the entire third floor. I walked up and found him asleep on his chair, his head layed on the table, laptop still on. I put the clothes in his drawer and walked towards his desk. I closed the laptop cover and quietly walked towards the stairs. 

" Hey! What are you doing here?" A low voice yelled. I turned around and looked at Chanyeol that was staring right at me.

" I put your clothes in your drawer." I said. I then turned back around and walked down the stairs. 

" Who said you could just come into my room like that? Hey! Where do you think you're going? I'm still talking! Hey! Come back!" I walked down to the first floor and found the note that JaeBum gave me on the kitchen counter, with checks beside all the chores. 

They finished them all??

I smiled then threw the note away. I walked out of the kitchen and found Sehun walking back into the house. We both looked at each other, I was wondering what he was doing outside, but I didn't bother asking. I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom. I threw myself on to my bed and fell asleep.