Antidote

Pen-pal Love

 

In the same day, Yong Hwa and his friends was preparing for the assignment presentation later that day, after school hour. Yong Hwa finally got back to his choding-self again because he had gotten what he wanted. His friends were all confused to see his mood change in the past few days. They did not know anything about the letter but they knew that he had made a new friend. They were assuming she was his girlfriend because they had seen them together for almost every day.

Yong Hwa was the spotlight in their presentation due to his choding-self. He can make a joke out of sudden in the middle of the presentation and that make the audience focused on him when he was presenting. Their model also went as planned, nothing went wrong like when they did it for test run. Their model had been chosen to be the winner not only their success in building the model but they also used the most recycle-able things for their model.

The group went for a small celebration in the fast food restaurant that they used to go. There, the others took the chance to ask Yong Hwa about his new ‘girlfriend’, Soo Yeong, but Yong Hwa denied everything saying that she was a sister to him and she also took him as brother. No one believed Yong Hwa’s words at that time and they asked Yong Hwa to bring her together next time to introduce her to them. Secretly, they had planned to asked her about their ‘real’ relationship when they meet up because they wanted to listen from both side. (Author’s POV: Aigoo…… children these day are mature than their look :P)

“So, after this we are back to square one, free to hang out here after school, aren’t we? Do you all still want to meet up like last time?” Khun Shan spoke out his mind after few minutes of random talk.

“I’ve no problem at all. My parents don’t care much about me, so I’m free to do anything I want. How about you, Yong Hwa? Do you need times for your new ‘girlfriend’?” Joon Ri put him under the spotlight again. They would not stop teasing him with his new friend together.

“Yah, I told you that Soo Yeong is not my girlfriend. She is like my sister, you know? By the way I think I can’t meet up with you all like last time so frequently. I had stop meeting my music friends since we started our assignment and I must make time for them, to learn music together. I’m sorry but I will try my best to find some time for you all too, don’t worry. At least, we still can hang out in school, every day.” Yong Hwa missed his other friends that he learned music together by themselves.

“Yes, that’s right. We still have time in school and we still meet up every day, since we are classmates.” Khun Shan and the other three also agreed with Yong Hwa.

After two hours of chit-chatting, they finally went back to their respectively home. Yong Hwa thought that his parents were still busy working because his house was dark as usual. He then the light one by one to bring light into his dark house. He saw a set of meal was prepared on the table but there was no one at home. He then took a look on a piece of sticky note on one of the meal plate.

Yong Hwa-ya, I had to go to hospital to look after your father tonight. He was fainted in his company this afternoon but the doctor said he was just a bit of exhausted and need to stay overnight. Don’t worry about your father and we will be home tomorrow morning, if he is doing well. Take this meal and sleep well. Goodnight. Love you.

Mother.”

He finished the dinner and cleaned it up before he went to bed. Suddenly he felt all the loneliness his heart came back to him again, although he knew this was different. His parents were not leaving him alone for work, but still he felt the lonely in this quiet night. His tears were forming in his eyes every second passed but he could not let them fall out because he did not want that loneliness beat him up. He turned to the drawer beside his bed and took out two pieces of paper in that drawer to read it again. They were the letters from ‘Princess Seo’. He kept it in the drawer nicely and he will read it again and again when he felt the loneliness in the night just like this night. The letters had become the antidote for his loneliness since day one and this might be his main reason to keep in touch with her. He could not find any other ways to overcome his loneliness in his heart that had built up since his birth. This is the natural of human in finding friends, they will find one that can be useful for them first, then the bond between them will built up when they help each other. When the bond was strong enough, they will become close friend for a long time but if the bond is not that strong, they might end up become normal friend or stranger or even worst they become enemy. No one can escape the law of friendship since the day one of life existence.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, I'm back with a short update. I'm sorry for this short update but today I'm busy with my things. 

For the law of friendship, it is just my own opinion, it doesn't represent the real world's friendship, so don't get angry with me if i'm opposite your law of friendship.

See you and don' t forget to leave a comment, thank you.