Heart-Break

Pen-pal Love

 

Yong Hwa walked down the street alone thinking hard about the decision that he make. He stopped in front of the post office; he knew that step will change his whole life, so he took his time to think about it more. Is he doing the right decision? What will happen between them after he post this letter.

***Flashback***

“If you asking for my opinion, I would say do as her mother asked. Let her go for her good.”

“HUH??”

“I say let her go.” Soo Yeong said it for second time.

“I know what you mean but it’s too hard for me to let her go now, you know that, don’t you?”

“Yes, I know. But this is not only for her good; it’s also for your good too. Both of you are still young and if you don’t do as her mother want, her mother still have many ways to stop your relationship. You should have faith on your relation that if you two are fated to meet again, you will no matter what happened. Its only time to tell.” As usual, Soo Yeong’s words were matured than her age.

“But… she will get hurt from this and that is the last thing I want to do to her.” Yong Hwa understood Soo Yeong’s point but he still could not decide whether this was correct or not.

“Yes, she will. But time could cure her wound and she will understand you after sometime. She seems to be reasonable person from what I know, so I believe that she will understand you at last.”

“O… Okay, if you said so. Actually, I already thought of taking this step before I meet you just now. I just need someone to tell me that this step is good for us, and that’s you, my trustiest sister. Thank you.”

“A…Arasso. So, when do you plan to write to her, your last letter? Or you want to stop right now?” Soo Yeong heart was stopped for a moment when she heard Yong Hwa called her ‘sister’.

“No, I will write a last letter for her now because I don’t want to let her go without a goodbye…” Yong Hwa still hurt when he thought about saying goodbye to his most important friend.

“Okay, good luck. Hwaiting!”

***End of Flashback***

He finally made up his mind; he took his step into the post office.

In other hand, Joo Hyun was perturbed for the whole week. She was worried about him for five days straight and still no any news from him. As she could recall, he never missed to send her a letter within three days but now it already two weeks since her last letter, which was the one to wish him Happy Birthday.

She was too into her thought about her ‘Prince Jung’ until there was one time she almost got hit by a car when she was trying to cross the road after school. Luckily the car was able to stop right before it hit her. Everyone surrounding her noticed her absent-minded was getting worse and worse as time pass by. Her friends and her teachers were trying to ask her and helped her up with the problem she was facing but she told them nothing at all. Her parents knew the reason but they could not do anything to help her. Her father was worried about her and her health for the whole time while her mother was grateful that she took that action because she knew something was going out of control, sooner or later, between those two from what she watched Joo Hyun’s reaction for the past days.

That afternoon, postman came to their house with a letter in his hand. Mrs Seo took it from him and she immediately recognised the sender, ‘Prince Jung’.

“Aish, this boy… he still didn’t want to give up, is it? Let see what he going to say this time.” She was talking to herself.

……

After a few minutes, she finally done reading the letter and this time she decided to let Joo Hyun read this letter. She put it in her room without her noticed because she was sleeping due to her whole night sleepless. She knew this was going to put a real full stop on their relationship, which she worried the most.

Joo Hyun woke up after an hour of refreshment and her mind was still stuck with ‘Prince Jung’, she really worried about him if he got involve in some kind of accident that prevent him from sending her a reply. But as soon as she tried to get up from her bed, she saw a piece of letter on her study table that was not there before she fallen asleep. Due to her curiousness, she took it and immediately that she realised that is the reply from ‘Prince Jung’. A smile that had missing since her birthday, appear on her face finally. But she never knew that this was the knife that will cut through her heart and left a scare that won’t cure for years.

Hello, Princess. I’m sorry that I reply you this late, I didn’t mean to but something that had preventing me from doing this earlier. Mianhe.

Princess Seo, that’s something I want to tell you in this letter and I want you to prepare yourself before you continue your reading.

 

I… I’m sorry Princess but I think we better end this relationship now. I had thought about this for a long time but I don’t know how to tell you about this. I never regret that I wrote that bottle note, which had been the reason I had met you. I don’t know what will happen to me if I never met you and I think you also have the same thought, don’t you? For the past three years, I’m happy that I had you beside me to help me go through all the hardness but the more I thought about it, the more I felt unfair to you. Due to my selfishness, you had to go through all this, which you shouldn’t have to if you didn’t pick up my bottle note at first.

I don’t want to hold you for my own selfish anymore, there is a lot of other thing waiting for you outside and it’s your time to go and hold them by yourself. You had waste three years because of me but you should deserve more than this. You have the wing to fly higher than anyone else but I’m here holding you to stop you from flying away from me for the past three years. I realised that I had did wrong from the start, so I decided that I should let you go, flying high freely without my gaps. I knew you will felt hurt, I also felt the same, but time will cure all this.

I will stop any connection with you after this letter and I hope all the best for you. Promise me that you will take good care of yourself and… goodbye…and…yongseohae…”

Joo Hyun sat still without any movement since she read the last letter from ‘Prince Jung’. She did not feel anything because her soul was flying high leaving her body on the bed. The only thing that she could feel right now was paralysed; all her body system was in deep paralysed due to the sudden shock. Her tears were flowing down her face without any restriction but she could not cry out her sadness and pain.

“B… BB… BBABO…” was all she could say continuously after few minutes of silent-ness, it was not only for him but she was also scolding herself for being stupid for three years believing him. She really thought that they will continue their friendship until their last breath but now he was letting the friendship that they had built it together go. She knew he was doing that for her own good but she did not understand that why they cannot fly high hand in hand together, why he had to let her go.

Mrs Seo was eavesdropping from the door for the whole time when she heard Joo Hyun was awake. She knew this was a must for her to stop their relationship as much as she knew her painful heart. All she wanted to do right now was to let Joo Hyun time to cry out her pain because she believe that Joo Hyun will overcome this pain after some time and she will back to her usual self after that.

For the whole night, Joo Hyun stayed in her room crying; she did not have her dinner that night and her father was there comforting her. He already knew what happened from his wife as soon as he noticed Joo Hyun was crying in her room. Now only he knew that this friend of her daughter had a very significant place in her heart, and he felt bad for not stopping his wife from sending the letter to him before. He knew the reason of his wife action but as much as he agreed with his wife to prevent their daughter in relationship in such young age, he did not hope to see her in this huge pain.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello everyone, I'm back with a sad chapter. I noticed that I had make some of you feeling down with this sad drama, I'm SO SORRY! Yesterday, I sat down thinking about how to continue this story. should I end this drama or I should continue with it? But I remember my mom told me before that 'Life will not always go as you want', that way I'm here continue this story with this sad update. All I can say is 'stay strong' for all the sad reader.

See you in next update, and Hwaiting for all of you (and also for myself)...