Secret Reveal

Pen-pal Love

 

“Good morning, omma.” Joo Hyun woke up from her peaceful sleep and greeted her mother as soon as she saw her in the kitchen, preparing their family breakfast.

“Oh, good morning, Joo Hyun-ah. Today you had grown one year older again, Happy Birthday, honey.”

“Ne, Kamsahabnida omma.”

“Come here faster, your seaweed soup was done. Your goguma was also almost done.” Her mother knew she loved goguma, so it had become her daily breakfast.

“Wah, masissoyo. Gomabseubnida omma.” Joo Hyun was very happy to have her mother’s seaweed soup every 28th June.

“Oh ya, omma, can I come back a little bit late today after school, my classmate said they want to small party in class for me after school. I promised I will I come back as soon as it finish.”

“Yes, you can. But don’t be too late. If you happen to stay late, call me and I’ll go to pick you up, don’t come back by your own. You remember my number, don’t you?” Her parents learnt to let her go bit by bit but they were still very protective toward her.

“Ne. Omma, where is appa? I did not saw him around this morning?” Joo Hyun continued eating her soup.

“He is still sleeping. Yesterday he came back late after his company annual meeting. Let him sleep a bit more.” Her mother brought the goguma, which was cooked, to the table for Joo Hyun.

 “Okay, omma. I’ve to go now or I’ll be late to school. I’ll finish this goguma on the way. Goodbye.” Joo Hyun took the just done goguma and her school stuff, which was beside her seat, before she walked out from the house. Her parents also let her to go to school by bus since last year.

“Goodbye and be careful.”

Joo Hyun was pretty famous in her school, although there were some haters here and there, but she still got greeted from almost everyone she met in her way to school. Everything happened just like normal school days until the school end. Her classmates and class teacher set up a small celebration party for her.  She was grateful that they remembered her birthday and even set up that celebration party. She kept her wide smile on her face until the end. They bought her a goguma cake, some presents and even sang the birthday song for her. They played some games together and she was very happy that she can play along with them like that, surely that she had change a lot compared to three years ago, not only physically but also mentally. Back then, they treat her as normal classmate, they wished her and gave her some presents but they never held up a party like now and also played with her like that. Again this had to thanks to someone that was very important to her. If she had not met him, she will not open up her heart and made the first step to play along with her friends as told by him.

Although she was happy and smile every second past but deep in her heart, she missed him, who had promised to wish her happy birthday like she did a week ago for him in letter. His letter should have reached her hand by yesterday night but it did not appeal. Little that she knew that the small delayed of that letter will cause a big change in her life and their friendship.

While she was happily playing with her friends in school, her mother had reached home earlier then she usually did. She noticed that her home mailbox was filled with four letters, two for her husband, one for her and the last one was for her daughter. She did not pay attention on the others three, but she had big curios on her daughter’s letter. As she knew, she should not had anyone to send her letter because all her insurance policies, bank’s note should address to her too, moreover this letter did not look like an official letter from those, it was more to hand written. She turn around and found that it was from Busan, which it proved that it should not belong to her friends because she never been to Busan before, how would she knew anyone from Busan.

The more Mrs Seo look at the letter, the more she got curious about the letter. She was more curious when she noticed there was another item together with the letter. Finally, her curiosity beat her and she opened up the letter. A small keroro key chain fall of from inside, just after she open it and she took it for a look. There was some letter written on the key chain, which read out as ‘PRINCE JUNG’. She had no any idea who was this ‘PRINCE JUNG’, so she decided to read out the letter. Words by words, her eyes were getting bigger and bigger because she could not believe what she had read.

Annyeong, Princess Seo. Thank you for your birthday wish and now I want to do the same thing to you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! By the time you opened this letter, you should saw a key chain inside here too, and that is a small present from me because I knew you like keroro. I bought that with my own pocket money, so I hope that you like it even its small and nothing special about it.

Princess Seo, do you remember the 26th June, three years ago. That was the date you sent me the first letter and that how we end up being friend for three years. HAPPY ANIVERSERY!! Aigoo… time had passed so fast and I only realised that we had already being together for three years already. I thought a lot of things that we had went through together and solved it together, while I’m writing this. We surely had gain and grow a lot since our first letter and I really hope that we will continue this until our final breath.

Speaking of wish, I suddenly recall the wish that you told me three years ago but I told you that I’ll gave you that wish when we are big enough and I’m able to afford it. Do you still remember it? But it’s okay for you to forget, as long as I remembered it. This wish is still on-going and I promise you that you will get it on one of your birthday in the future.

I guess that’s all for this time and I hope to hear from you soon. Annyeong.

Your charming Prince Jung ^^”

Mrs Seo still could not believe her own eyes. Her Joo Hyun was friend to this person and they had exchanging letters for three years already? Why she knew nothing from their relation? How far they had went? She had a lot of questions in her mind but she got no answer for all her question. She did not know what to do right now but she knew she had to do something from preventing them to continue this relation or else something will went wrong in the future, based on her six-sense.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, New update is here. Problem is getting bigger and bigger, what would happen to them? what will her mother do to stop them? otteoke!!!! hahaha

Someone told me before that 'worst thing always happen when you are in your happiest moment', and i think this sentence fit in this chapter prefectly, right?

Anyway, as always, comment please. i want to know how you all think about this story up until now. good or bad?

See you. ^^