Family Gathering

Pen-pal Love

 

“Here is the place I wrote the note.” Yong Hwa pointed to a small border on the beach side. The couple went to visit Busan and Yong Hwa’s parents as their promised to them months ago. Yong Hwa’s mother took them to the restaurant for lunch before she head off for work, leave the couple to explore the place by themselves. The PD gave them a break as the crew members went to set on the cameras on Yong Hwa friend’s car.

“I always had a question for you as Prince Jung. Why did you write down your address down on the bottom of the note?” Joo Hyun asked as she sat down on the border, where the story started eight years ago.

“To tell you the truth, I also had no any idea why I did that. It’s just my instinct to write that down. I didn’t look forward for any reply because I didn’t believe that it would survive the open sea. But maybe it’s just our fate, I wrote down my address then it got pick up by you then we became friend.” Yong Hwa crouched down to her level and held her hand.

“Then you broke up with me then we meet again in the bookstore five years after that and second part of our story started.” Joo Hyun helped Yong Hwa to complete the story.

“Yes. We had gone through so much to be together, finally. Hyun I also got a question for you. Do you have already fell in-love with Prince Jung before the break up?”

“If you asked me months ago, I would surely say that I’m not. But after being with you in the show, and also after a few time of explanation given by my eonnies, I myself also confused with the feeling I had to Prince Jung. It’s not as strong as I had to you right now but it was surely more than a close friend to me. Then how about oppa? Do you already fell in-love with Princess Seo?”

“I am, but I did not realise it until my appa pointed out after our break up. You see, I wrote a song for you weeks after that event and my appa hear it and that’s when he knew about your existence.” Jong Hwa looked on her bright eyes he love the most of her.

“A song? What song is it?” Joo Hyun got curious on the song Yong Hwa wrote six years ago.

“Had you heard 2am’s new song month ago?” Yong Hwa asked.

“Why? I did. Jin Woon asked for my opinion for the song soon after they released the song. Does that have anything to do with your song?”

“Then you already heard the song I wrote for you years ago.” Yong Hwa explained, but Joo Hyun was getting more confused.

“I don’t get what you mean by that? I saw the song composer name was not you, how could you claim that yours?”

“I sent the song demo to almost every company before Jong Hyeon and me got into FNC Music, hoping we will able to get into one of them, including SM. But only FNC Music gave us reply. We totally forget about the song until Jong Hyeon pointed me out about the song month ago. They even changed it to a fast song, which was supposedly a slow and sad song, causing me unable to recognise it a first.” Yong Hwa explained in detail.

“But you should tell them that was yours and they should credit you in the song.” Joo Hyun felt bad for her husband/boyfriend

“I don’t want to cause much trouble, as long as the song was love by everyone is enough for me. By the way did you remember the lyric?” Yong Hwa knew that he had no solid evidence to prove that song was written by him, so he decided to give up.

“I… I… don’t know!” Joo Hyun turned her face away from Yong Hwa. She got blushed as she recalled the lyric, especially the last part.

“Really? Do you want me to sing it for you right now, so that you would remember in your mind forever?” Yong Hwa knew that Joo Hyun knew about the song lyric, so he took the chance to again.

“N…No thank you. I don’t want to know about it now.” Joo Hyun fought hard to cover her nervous.

“Yong Hwa-ssi and Seo Hyun-ssi, we are ready now! Can we start the filming again now, the night was near already?” The PD came to get them for the next filming.

“NE!” the couple answered together. “Thank you PD-nim, I own you once.” Joo Hyun thought in her mind.

****************

“Omma, we are back.” Yong Hwa called as they step in the house.

“Eomeoni, sorry for the disturbance.” Joo Hyun greeted her mother-in-law.

“Gwaenchana, I’m happy to have you two here tonight since your abeoji and jahyeong was not here tonight.” Yong Hwa’s mother said and hugged them as they walked in.

“When will abeoji and jahyeong come back from their trip?” Joo Hyun hoped to meet them in formal.

“They should be home by tomorrow noon. What about you? When do you have to go back to Seoul?” Yong Hwa’s mother served them with a glass of water each.

“Kamsahabnida eomeoni.  We have two days break, so we will head back to Seoul tomorrow night. Hopefully I’m able to meet abeoji and jahyeong first before we head back to Seoul.” Joo Hyun took a slip of water.

“Why do you want to meet them so much?” Yong Hwa asked.

“Because I haven’t met them in formally and I don’t know if I have any other chance after this to meet them.” Joo Hyun explained.

“What do you mean by that? As long as you are my wife, you will have chance to meet them, so don’t worry too much, arasso?” Yong Hwa put down his glass and turned to Joo Hyun.

“Aigoo…” Joo Hyun sighed in embarrassment.

“Aigoo… Yong Hwa-ah, I don’t know you have this side of you before. Hyun-ah, I guess you have to get used to him with those cheesy words from now on.” Yong Hwa’s mother chuckled.

“Ne. Eomeoni, I had got used with that already. Oppa would never fail to add one or two cheesy words in every conversation we have.” Joo Hyun nodded in agree.

“WAE??!! I just say everything I meant it. I’m not the type of guy, who always said some sweet words to girls.” Yong Hwa fought back.

“Just admit it, Yong Hwa. Keke.” Yong Hwa’s mother smirked as she slap lightly on his shoulder.

“I’m not!!” Yong Hwa still did not want to admit it.

“Alright, go and have a rest now, you two must be tired after a day of filming.” Yong Hwa’s mother ordered as she knew this will not end soon if they keep continued the argument.

“Okay, good night omma.”

“Good night eomeoni.” The two said together and waked to the stair but Joo Hyun stopped at the stair because she had something in her mind.

“Oppa, where do I sleep tonight?” Joo Hyun pulled his hand to stop him.

“Of course my room, on my bed, where else?” Yong Hwa turned to her.

“Andwae! How could I sleep there? Eomeo…” Joo Hyun was about to ask Yong Hwa’s mother for another bed but was stopped by Yong Hwa.

“Shoo… I will sleep on the floor, okay?” Yong Hwa knew what she was worrying about.

“N…ne” Joo Hyun knew it was unfair for him but she was not ready for her to share the same bed with Yong Hwa yet.

“Then can we go now? I sleepy now.” Yong Hwa continued his step and pulled Joo Hyun with him too.

Yong Hwa set a single bed on the floor in his room and jumped onto it and quickly fell into sleep. Joo Hyun, on the other hand, was first time to sleep in guy’s room with a guy beside her. She could not get her mind to calm down thinking about it.

“Oppa, do you still awake?” She asked.

“……” no answer.

“Oppa?” She called again but still no answer from Yong Hwa.

“Looks like oppa was already slept. Eoddeohke??” Joo Hyun needed someone to talk to right now as she did not know how to face in this situation.

“Alright, I will take a deep breath and everything will be alright by then. HUUUU…” Joo Hyun tried to clear her mind, hoping that would make her fell asleep. After a few time of trying, she finally fell asleep.

*****

********

“Where am I? WAAAAAAHHHH!!!” Joo Hyun opened her eyes as she felt the sun beamed onto her. She tried to think back why she ended up in the stranger room but she felt an arm was warping onto her wrist, so due to her female natural instinct she shout out loud.

“W…Wae??” Yong Hwa opened his eyes as he heard a scream.

“Anything wrong up there??!!” Yong Hwa’s mother asked from kitchen as she also heard the shout.

“A…Aniyo eomeoni. N…nothing wrong…” Joo Hyun finally remembered that she stayed in Yong Hwa’s house yesterday.

“Oppa! Why do you ended up here? Shouldn’t you sleep in the bed below?” Joo Hyun turned to Yong Hwa, who was now beside her on the bed.

“I… I… I also don’t know. I only know that I woke up in the midnight to the washroom then…” Yong Hwa scratched his head, tried to remember how he ended beside Joo Hyun on his bed.

“Then what?” Joo Hyun was eagerly to find the answer. She needed to know what happened last night.

“I think I walked back to bed, without realised that you are on the bed. It just my habit to walk to bed after the washroom.” Yong Hwa tried to make his move reasonable as he did not want Joo Hyun to misunderstand him.

“I guess we didn’t end up doing something wrong, right?” Joo Hyun was hoping for a ‘yes’ as the answer.

“I think so, except for hugging and maybe… some… skin-ship…” Yong Hwa voice got lower and lower as he said the words because he was not sure about it too.

“OPPA!!!” Joo Hyun got blushed as she heard about the hugging and skin-ship.

“Wae? I also not sure about it because I was already fell asleep that time. How could I know what I had done in that time?” Yong Hwa knew it was his fault but he also did not hope for it to happen.

“Yong Hwa-ah, Hyun-ah, your breakfast was ready alrea… what had you two done??!!” Yong Hwa’s mother appeared on the door and she heard the last sentence from Yong Hwa. Due to what she saw and heard, she could guess something wrong must have happened last night in this room.

“Omma, no, not as what you thought. I just…” Yong Hwa tried to explain to his mother.

“Eomeoni, we are not…” Joo Hyun also tried to explain it in the same time.

“I guess I came in the wrong time. I will go now, so continue what you two was about to do, or had already done. Hihi…” Yong Hwa’s mother turned around and leaves the two in confusedness.

 “Omma…” “Eomeoni…” the two were out of words to explain themselves.

“Oppa, it’s all your fault! Now eomeoni was misunderstood with us already.” Joo Hyun was building her anger.

“Wae? It’s not all my fault; I also have no any idea about it. Furthermore, I don’t see anything wrong here. You are my wife and I’m your husband, so what’s the wrong to sleep in the same bed?” Yong Hwa tried to fight back.

“Aigooo… can’t you remember the marriage was a false one? It just for the show. Even I’m your girlfriend, it just wrong to sleep together on a bed before real marriage.” Joo Hyun was taught to not to sleep with any guys except her husband since she was small, so she felt wrong to do that now.

“We don’t do anything beyond limit, right? We still have our clothes on for the whole night, right? We just share the same bed, so it’s not that serious, okay?” Yong Hwa tried to convince her.

“Aigoo… let’s go to explain everything to eomeoni, I don’t want her to think bad about me.” Joo Hyun gave up fighting more with Yong Hwa.

“Arasso…” Yong Hwa and Joo Hyun walked down from the bed together and headed to kitchen to find Yong Hwa’s mother. They explained everything to her but to their surprised, she gave them an unexpected reaction.

“Aigoo… I really hope that you two will do as I thought. If that really happened, then I would really in cloud nine now. Aigoo…” Yong Hwa’s mother shook her head.

“Aniyo eomeoni… how can we do that?” Joo Hyun was strongly offence it.

“Yes, omma, what did you think about us two? No matter how much we want it too, but it just not right to do it now.” Yong Hwa agreed with Joo Hyun.

“OPPA!!! You are the only one wanted it, I’m not.” Joo Hyun slapped on Yong Hwa’s shoulder to show her objection.

“See? You two want it too, right? Gwaenchana, I’m an open mother, don’t worry about me. And I think you appa was the same too.” Yong Hwa’s mother giggled.

“Eomeoni, I…” Joo Hyun was about to oppose the idea again but a call from the front door stopped her.

“Yeobo, what make you think that I’m the same as you? Oh, Yong Hwa-ah and Joo Hyun-ssi are here too.” Yong Hwa’s father and brother appeared on the front door.

“Yeobo, weren’t you said that you will reach home at noon? Why so early?” Yong Hwa’s mother walked to get her husband and older son.

“You asked your son here, he the one who drive. Oh ya, what are you three are talking just now? And why you said that you think I would be the same? Same as what?” Yong Hwa’s father was busy pull things off his car.

“Let’s talk inside. Su Chul, get wash yourself up first before join us for breakfast. You must be tired driving the whole night.” Yong Hwa’s mother ordered her older son before walked them into the house.

“Annyeonghaseyo, abeoji and jahyeong.” Joo Hyun and Yong Hwa were already waiting by the door and she greeted them as soon as they step in.

“Ah, it felt so weird and so good in the same time, to hear our daughter-in-law called me ‘abeoji’. Hahaha…” Yong Hwa’s father was happy to see his son’s wife.

“Appa, but I only felt weird to be call as ‘jahyeong’. It felt like I’m very old now. Hahaha…” Su Chul made a sad face but he laughed as he saw Joo Hyun’s face turned down. “It’s just a joke, Joo Hyun-ssi.” He continued.

“Ah… ne… ne…” Joo Hyun nervously answered.

“Can we sit down now?” Yong Hwa cut in.

“Yeobo, you haven’t told me what you three are talking about just now yet.” Yong Hwa’s father re-mention about the talk again and Joo Hyun head down as she heard the talk.

“Nothing big deal. It just that I said I hope to see these two sharing a bed. But these two here disappointed me.” Yong Hwa’s mother face turned sad as she remember how she was disappointed after hearing Yong Hwa and Joo Hyun’s explanation.

“Omma, I had already told you that last night was just an accident. We didn’t do it purposely.” Yong Hwa tried to explain it again but this time he used the wrong word.

“Omo, Yong Hwa, are you saying that you two…” Yong Hwa’s father smirked as he tried to interpret the words from Yong Hwa.

“Abeoji, it’s not the same as you thought. Oppa, why should you explain in that way? You just make the misunderstanding getting bigger.” Joo Hyun looked up surprisingly as she heard the explanation given by Yong Hwa.

“What? Did I say anything wrong?” Yong Hwa was still in confused.

“Tactically, you are not but the word you use was easy to get people misunderstood with you more.” Yong Hwa’s mother explained with an evil smile on her face.

“Did I?”

“Yong Hwa, tell me that you two had did something last night.” Yong Hwa’s father cut in.

“Appa, we didn’t! At least nothing when we realised about it…” Yong Hwa was not sure about it too himself, so he just be honest to his father.

“Is that meaning that you two might do something without realising it, right? So yeobo, we can dream of what we hoped it the most, right?” Yong Hwa’s father smirked again as he got a ‘good’ idea in his head.

“Right!” Yong Hwa’s mother supported her husband.

“Abeoji, eomeoni, it not as you thought about it. Oppa, why can’t you explain it properly?” Joo Hyun getting nervous as her father and mother in-law was misunderstood with them.

“Explain what? Can I join?” Su Chul walked to kitchen to join his family in their breakfast.

Yong Hwa’s mother explained every single detail to her late come son, based on her understanding.

“MWO?? Yong Hwa, you are really DEABAK!!” Su Chul held his thumb up to his brother.

“Hyeong, don’t listen to omma and appa. They got it wrongly, seriously.” Yong Hwa tried his best to fight back the misunderstanding he created.

“Yes jahyeong, don’t get it wrongly. We just share a bed for a night only, we didn’t do anything beyond that, believe me.” Joo Hyun helped Yong Hwa to get clear on that too.

“What had really happened in that room last night, was only you two could tell. No one was there to confirm that is there really or not something happened. So, we as guest outside the room are free to imagine. Hahaha…” Su Chul could not stop teasing the two.

“Aigoo…” The two sighed at the same time. They knew that they could not win the argument.

“Yeobo, looks like we had found our first daughter-in-law. The real daughter-in-law, not a visual one.” Yong Hwa’s mother grinned.

“Joo Hyun-ah, I got something to ask you. Do you know about Yong Hwa’s past? I mean about his first girlfriend.” Yong Hwa’s father nodded to his wife’s comment first, before turned to Joo Hyun. He remembered his son had a pen-pal years ago and she was very important to him but he did not know that it was Joo Hyun.

“Oh ya, appa, I forgot to tell you about this. Meet my pen-pal, Miss Seo Joo Hyun.” Yong Hwa knew what his father meant by that, so he took the first step to explain to them.

“Annyeonghaseyo…” Joo Hyun bowed to her father-in-law again politely. The other three were shocked to see the couple weird introduction.

“Yong Hwa-ah, did you mean that Joo Hyun was the girl?” Yong Hwa’s father asked for more confirmation.

“Ne, abeoji, I’m that girl.” This time Joo Hyun took the chance to explain.

“Wait, wait. What are you three talked about? Do you two hide something from me?” Yong Hwa’s mother stopped them because she was clueless.

Yong Hwa explained to her mother and brother, including his father, in detail about the past he shared with Joo Hyun as pen-pal. His mother and brother were month-open for the whole explanation period; they could not believe that how the two were bonded together since young.

“Joo Hyun-ah, you must be very hurt that time. Thanks God that you two finally meet again and are together now.” Yong Hwa’s mother turned to Joo Hyun after she got the whole story.

“Ne, eomeoni but I know oppa was having the same hard period as me.” Joo Hyun held Yong Hwa’s hand under the table to let him knew that she was sorry about it.

“No wonder Yong Hwa was so down at that time. To think back now, I finally know why Yong Hwa sudden change after his tenth birthday. It’s all thanks to you, if not I still not sure that we could sit down and have a talk like now, as a family. Joo Hyun-ah, kamsahe.” Yong Hwa’s mother eyes got teary as she remembered how her sons treat her and her husband in their younger years.

“Aniyo, eomeoni. I did nothing; it’s all due to your hard work to keep the family as one. Oppa always told me in the letter that he was lucky to have you as his omma.” Joo Hyun eyes were also became teary because the situation was very touching.

“Yeobo-ah, stop the touching words. You see you had make Joo Hyun became teary like you already. We should have a happy morning today, why would you change the mood to the sad one?” Yong Hwa’s father nagged his wife.

“Abeoji, it not eomeoni’s fault. I was very sensitive to family issue, and I’m easily cried when the atmosphere was touching.” Joo Hyun quickly defended for her mother-in-law.

“I left my family in young age, so I hardly have any gathering like today before. Neomu neomu kamsahabnida for giving me a family feel again, abeoji, eomeoni, jahyeong and mostly oppa.” Joo Hyun thanked everyone as she finally had chance to feel a different family feel, beside from her simple family.

“Oh, Joo Hyun-ah, not need to thank us. As long as you are a part of this family, you will have other chance to feel our family. I now announce that you are always being a part from this family. No one was going to take your place from today onward.” Yong Hwa’s father looked seriously to his family members, mostly on the new-added member. Yong Hwa’s mother and brother were nodded as agreement to the householder’s words. Yong Hwa held hard on Joo Hyun’s hand while look and smile at her at the same time.

“Looks like you are going to bond with me for your whole life from now on.” Yong Hwa smiled from ear to ear as his love was supported by his family. Joo Hyun could not give him any reply now because she was holding hard of her tears. Yong Hwa’s father’s words meant a lot to her and she never thought that this day would come so fast.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, sorry for the late update... does this feel like a true family gathering? 

My last chapter was a totally fail, Haizzz...... the less comment chapter. Looks like I did very bad on the romantic moment, Haizzzzz........ Mianheyo if it didn't meet your expectation.