EODDEOHKE???

Pen-pal Love

 

Yong Hwa walked home by himself after the whole evening of guitar training, together with Jong Hyeon. He was impressed with Jong Hyeon’s guitar skill that had improved a lot since their last met, and he was also felt jealous on him because Jong Hyeon’s parent supported him to learn guitar, unlike his parents that opposed him from learning guitar. He saw a letter was in his mailbox and his intuition told him it was from ‘Princess Seo’. He quickly took it out from the mailbox with a big grin of his face but his grin turn to sorrowful face when he saw the key chain fall of from the letter.

He never expected to see the key chain again, at least not this soon, and his was scratching hard on his head to find a reason why the key chain appeared in front of him. His intuition told him that the answer must have written in the letter, so he quickly opened the letter and read it. He really hoped that this was only his nightmare as he started to read the words written on the white paper but something in his mind told him that this was not a dream.

Hello there, Mr Jung. I’m Princess Seo’s mother. I write this short letter is to ask you to stop writing to my daughter anymore. I don’t want her to continue waste her time in this useless relation and I hope you will understand my reason behind this. I don’t know how far and how good you both had made this relation goes, but I want this to stop now. My daughter is still young and her life is just started, she still has a long way to go. I don’t want anything to be her burden for her to archive better life in the future. You should let her go if you want her for good and I know you will understand my reason. I hope I will not seeing your letter anymore after this or I will still sent back to you just like this time.”

Yong Hwa stood there motionless for some time, his mind was not working properly after he read the letter, until his mother call him from the car, which had stopped in front of him just a second ago.

“Yong Hwa-ah, what wrong with you and why are you standing here, spacing out? Whose letter is that in your hand?”

“H… huh? Oh, it’s you, omma. No… nothing’s wrong with me.” Yong Hwa tried to hide his sadness from his mother but it still caught his mother’s eyes.

“Tell me, Yong Hwa. I know something must have happened. Your eyes and your face had told me everything. You know you can’t lie to your mother’s eye, don’t you? Come on, spit it out and see what I can help you on this.” Yong Hwa had being closer to his mother for the past three years and his mother knew something  was going wrong from his face and she want to help her young son to go through this problem.

“No, omma. I’m good and I can hander this by my own. Thank you for your concern. Come lets go in and have dinner now. I really need something in my stomach now before I can think a solution to my problem.” Yong Hwa knew that he should not burden his mother more as she was busy in her work.

“Okay, if you said so. But make sure that you come to me if you can’t think of any solution. Don’t make yourself in too much of thinking; you know, me and your appa will be there anytime you need us. Come lets have our dinner, your appa should be here anytime soon.” She understood his thought and she wanted to let him solve his own problem if he can. She will be there supported him in any of his decision.

After dinner, Yong Hwa excused himself to his room and locked the door behind him. He did not want anything or anyone disturbed him when his was thinking. He had lied down on his bed with his eyes stared on the celling for two hours plus but he still couldn’t think of any good solution. As much as he wanted for her good, he also could not stand to let go of her. They had spent any possible time together and he was already taken her as a part of his life. Now suddenly he had to let her go was like taking a part of his body away from him and he knew the same would happen on her also.

His father already knew some part of his story from his mother after Yong Hwa had locked himself in the room and he was agreed with his wife decision to let Yong Hwa solved his own problem if he can. If not, he and his wife will be there for him anytime. They had being closer after his accident three years ago and he knew his family should be his first priority, not business. That was why he had tried all he can to spend time together with his family since then; and same goes to his wife.

Yong Hwa fallen asleep with dozen of thought in his head after four hours of laying down thinking for solution. The next morning, he woke up earlier than he used to, again with a lot of thought in his mind. He heard his mother’s knock on his room door asking if he was awake or not and he answered it with a low tone. He knew she was worried about him and he did not want to make her worry more but he could not help with his sad mood.

He cleaned up himself before he walked out to kitchen to meet up with his parents, who were already waiting from him at the dining table. The breakfast was a quite one because no one could voice up they thought until Yong Hwa finished his breakfast and he finally speak out.

“Appa, omma, I know you are worrying about me, but I can assure you that I’m fine. I didn’t hope to see your sad face on this morning; or I will be blaming myself again.”

“Yong Hwa, I know you are a good son. I know something was in your mind bothering you right now, but I wouldn’t ask you to speak out as long as you didn’t want to. I want you to know that we are here, supporting you no matter what’s you decision is.” His father was happy to see his grown up son.

“Kamsahabnida, appa. I will tell you everything when this problem is solved. I have to go now or I will be late. Omma, today I will be a bit late, I want to go to learn guitar together with Jong Hyeon after school.” Yong Hwa wanted to express his feeling by guitar, so he wanted to play guitar so much this time.

“Yong Hwa, I know you like playing guitar so much but guitar can’t help to solve your problem and your life. We can let you play guitar but your final work is to take over our business together with your brother, not as guitarist, okay?” Yong Hwa’s father still hoped that his two sons can take over their business in the future.

“I can’t promise you anything now, appa. We will see when the time comes.” Yong Hwa did not want to give up on guitar, he still hoped that his parents could let him play guitar as his job in the future.

“Okay, you better go now or you want to stay outside of the school for the whole day.” His mother did not want the father and son end up arguing that problem anymore, because she knew his son’s mind was already packed with dozen of thought and she did not want to add more.

“Annyeong, appa, omma.”

Yong Hwa could not focus anything on the class today; his mind was full with ‘Princess Seo’. Some part in his mind hoped that he never had written the bottle note and she would not knew him, but the other part of his mind told him that he would not turn out here if he did not do that. He was fighting on his own for the whole day and that had caught his friends’ eyes and also his teacher’s eyes.

“Yah! Jung Yong Hwa! Is my teaching so boring that you are spacing out for the whole period?” His history teacher, Mr Kim hit his book on Yong Hwa’s head as he said the words.

“Huh?! I… I… I’m fighting hard to remember all the point you pointed out just now, so I looks like I’m zooming out in the class.” Yong Hwa came out with a quick and lame excuse while his hand was on his head, rubbing on the spot that he got hit.

“Okay, if you said so, tell me what the third point I mentioned just now is.” Mr Kim did not believe Yong Hwa excuse this time because he knew him and the whole class so much.

“The third point you mention just now is the dynasty Han’s attack on Mongolian, right.” Yong Hwa was proud with himself to think out a point so quickly.

“BABO! That’s last week class’s point. We are already at dynasty Song now. Your brain is out of date.” Yong Hwa got another hit from Mr Kim again and the whole class was laughing at Mr Kim’s last sentence.

“Ouch!! My data is out of date because of your first hit just now. It’s not all my fault.” Yong Hwa still did not want to give up defencing himself.

“Oh, is that so? Do I have to say sorry to you? A teacher say sorry to an absent-minded student?” Mr Kim asked him back sarcastically.

“No need… gweanchanayo, as long as you don’t hit me again like that.” Yong Hwa could feel that the anger in the man in front of him was building up, so he did not want to take any risk for the anger to go higher.

“Okay, class, lets continue our lecture or we will not go as planned.” Mr Kim gave up on arguing more with Yong Hwa.

Yong Hwa secretly thanked Mr Kim for his two hit on his head because that make him clear his mind for some time. Now he could think clearer for him problem. He had make up one solution on his mind after the school end but he want to discuss with his sister first before he go on with the solution because she was the only one knew all they relation started from day one. He then suddenly realised that he had not saw her around since that day they met on the street.

He walked out of the school alone, ignoring his friends’ call because he was too into his thought. As he walked across the street, where he first met Soo Yeong three years ago, he saw a girl looked like Soo Yeong was standing right at the spot where they bumped into each other. He walked silently to her behind and he now could make sure that she was Soo Yeong and he heard she was talking to herself.

“Everything started here. If I’m not in rush that time, I would never met him that day. And I would not end up like this today. How good if I never met him, and I would never had so much of annoyance. I know I should not like…” Soo Yeong was murmuring by herself.

“Hey, Soo Yeong-ah. What’s so annoyance? And who did you don’t want to meet? Wait, are you talking about me?” Yong Hwa could not wait for her to finish her murmuring.

“O… O… Op… Oppa! Why are you always showed up from behind? Are you following me and eavesdropping on me for the whole time? ” She was shocked to see Yong Hwa sudden appearance but she was also shocked that he heard her murmuring but luckily he did not heard the last part of her murmuring.

“Hehe, hi. I saw you from across the road and I wanted to discuss something with you, so I come to call you but you are too into your self-talking, so… I didn’t mean to do it purposely.”

“What do you want to talk about?”

“Let’s talk about it in your house. But before that, you haven’t answer I’m question yet. Who’s annoying you so much?”

“N… no. No one. You heard it wrongly. I never said that. Let’s go now and forget about this.” Soo Yeong was trying to avoid his question because she was scared that she might blunt out everything if he was going to continue asking.

“Okay, we can go now but I’ll never forget this question. I’ll be asking you again later, so you better prepared your answer by that time.” Yong Hwa still did not want to give up finding what’s bothering her mind.

They walked silently side by side to Soo Yeong’s house. Her parents were not in Korea right now, they had gone to England last week and planning to come back on next week. So, they were basically alone in the house. Soo Yeong did not notice that until they reached the front gate and with that thought in mind, her heart began to beat faster and faster uncontrollable.

“O… oppa, how about we go to the café that we went together with the others now and talk there. I don’t feel like going inside now, please…” Soo Yeong was trying her best to not be alone with Yong Hwa for long or else she did not know what might happen.

“NO! We are already here in front of your house and I don’t want to walk the whole way back to that café. Furthermore, I want to talk something in private with you; those guys should be in café right now and I don’t want them to know this talk.” Yong Hwa stayed strong in his opinion.

“But…”

“No but! Come on, let’s go inside.” Yong Hwa pulled her forcefully into the house.

“O…Oppa, let… let go of me… my hand, you’re hurting me.”

“No! I won’t let go.” Soo Yeong’s heart was going crazy when she heard those words from Yong Hwa.

“Yah! Soo Yeong-ah! Aish… why are you got spacing out so frequently these day?” Soo Yeong found herself sitting on the sofa when she heard Yong Hwa shouted at her.

“N…no nothing.”

“Okay. I was here to discuss with you something, something that is very important to me and the decision make might have changed my whole life after this.” Yong Hwa wanted to go straight to the point because he did not want to waste more time.

“Wh… what is it so important?”

“It’s about me and Princess Seo. Something bad had happened between us.” Yong Hwa could not hide his sad face anymore when he mention about his Princess.

“What’s happened?” Soo Yeong’s heart was beating strongly in different tempo than just now when ‘Princess Seo’ was mentioned and she could feel her whole body was sending pain impulse to her brain in the same time.

“Her mother found out of our relationship and she wrote to me to ask me stop writing to her anymore. I don’t know what I should do. I wanted to stay like this with her until the last day but I know I would be her burden for her bright future if I don’t let her go. That’s why I’m here asking your opinion.” Yong Hwa’s tear started to fall off when he said it. It really hurt him just to let her go away from him. They had built a tight bond for the past years, so it was hard to cut the bond down so easily.

“If you asking for my opinion, I would say do as her mother asked. Let her go for her good.” Soo Yeong did not know why she asked him to let her go because she knew how important ‘Princess Seo’ was in his heart.

“HUH??”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi, everyone. How is it? Do you like this new chapter?

What is Yong Hwa finally decision? and how would Joo Hyun face this problem if Yong Hwa did as her mother asked? will Joo Hyun find out that her mother was the one behind all this? Let me know what you think, okay?

See You. ^^