New Character

Pen-pal Love

 

(Back to that day’s morning, in Busan)

Yong Hwa woke up very early that morning. He never been so early before and his mother was surprised to see him awake without her morning call, which was a need to call for few time before he was finally awake. She was more surprise to see his son with a smile face facing toward the window. She did not saw his pure smile face for quite a time already, even in his birthday party. She decided to not to disturb her son’s good mood that morning and she just closed his bedroom door slowly and quietly.

Yong Hwa did not notice his mother was on his bedroom door just now. He was sitting there facing window, feeling the morning peace together with the seagulls’ ‘cute’ voice. Everything was feeling good this morning and he knew the reason well. Today is the blessed day; an Angel had come to the Earth years ago. For him, YES, ‘Princess Seo’ was like an Angel in his life that came to save him from his loneliness, although they never meet up and they had not yet officially knew each other. He wished her Happy Birthday in his letter and also in his heart.

“Yong Hwa-ya, I know you are already awake, so faster come down and have your breakfast before you are late to school.” He heard his mother shouted from downstairs, breaking his morning peace.

He then walked down to the kitchen, found out that his mother had prepared a table of breakfast today and that really surprised him from head to toe. She never being such before and he can only scratched his head, did not understand his mother’s weird behave this morning. His mother knew he was wondering on her behaviour. She mean nothing special actually, it was just because she was happy to see her son’s happy face this morning and that made her happily prepared all the breakfast.

“Wow, Yeobo-ya, why did you prepare this much of breakfast today? It’s just three of us, how can we finish it?” Yong Hwa’s father also shocked with what he saw.

“Never mind, if we can’t finish it we can keep it as Yong Hwa’s lunch or our dinner too. Come on let’s start.” His mother reply with a big smile.

“Yeobo, why are you so happy today? Did your company have a lot of income this month?”

“No, nothing to do with the company. It’s about our son, Yong Hwa.”

“Mwo… wh…what’s about me?” Yong Hwa was shocked by his mother sudden answer.

“Yes, what’s wrong with him? I don’t see anything different.” His father also felt weird on his wife’s answer.

“Do you know what I saw just now when I went to wake up Yong Hwa?” Yong Hwa’s mother still smiling.

“Wh…What? When did you come to wake me up just now? And what did you saw?” asked Yong Hwa. He did not notice his mother was there just now.

“You wake up by your own and you are smiling to yourself. It had been a while I didn’t see you with such a big and pure smile. And I feel so happy too when I saw your smile face, so I prepared all this without noticed about it”

Yong Hwa never knew a small action of him would have such a big impact on his mother. Just like what ‘Princess Seo’ said in her letter that every parent did care about their children, either it shows or not. He let out a small chuckle as her came into his thought again and he did not noticed that his mother saw his chuckle.

“I… I… I… I got to go now. Bye.” Yong Hwa ran out as he felt embarrassment was started to build in him. He never face this situation before so he was out of idea on how to hander that kind of situation.

“Hey, Yong Hwa! You haven’t touched anything yet!” shouted his mother, in the same time she felt so new to see her son’s embarrassment. He never showed off such an emotion before but today he showed off so much of his emotion. Meanwhile, Yong Hwa’s father who was sitting across table, observed his son’s reaction one by one, also felt something different in him today.

“Yeobo, did you saw what I saw just now? Something must have happened for him to change in few days.”

“Ya, I saw it also. And I agree with you but there’s nothing we can do now. Let’s just observe him for the coming days, and help him when only he needs. He has to learn everything by himself. Now let continue with our breakfast, it’s about time to work.” Yong Hwa’s father said as he was putting a piece of French toast in his mouth.

Yong Hwa was fighting hard his new emotion all the way to school and he bumped into someone before he noticed it. “Mianheyo. I didn’t notice you are in front of me. I’m sorry.”

“Gwaenchanayo, is my fault also for running so fast. I’m late to school.” A girl voice came from that person.

“Oh no, is my fault. I’m spacing out while walking. Sorry.” Yong Hwa apologised again.

“Okay, okay. Is our both fault so we no need to feel sorry to each other. I really have to go now. I’m late.” That girl ran again toward the opposite way.

Yong Hwa noticed that she was the student of the girl’s school street across from his school and before he can do anything, she already lost in his sight. Suddenly he saw something was on the ground that might be belonging to that girl. There was a name written on the cover, 박수영(Park Soo Yeong), he thought that might be the girl’s name. So he picked it up and kept it, hoped that he might able to give back to her when they met again sometime. He then continued his way to school before the front gate closed up.

After the school classes end, the group met up in the classroom for a discussion. They were talking about their assignment, which had to start working on if they wanted it to be done within time. Joon Ri told Yong Hwa their final decision that had been agree by all other members yesterday, when Yong Hwa went to post the letter. Yong Hwa also agreed on their decision so today they had to gather everything they needed in the assignment. It was a science assignment; they needed to show at least three different type of energy transformation in one system, for example potential energy transform into kinetic energy then into thermal energy. They had to find and use recyclable waste as their material for the assignment. Everyone in the group was assigned to find one item in two days and they will worked on the assignment the day after that when everything they needed was in their hands, hopefully they will finish it few days before their due date.

Yong Hwa had assigned to find a toy car, which he had a lot of it in his house, so he did not need to go around finding one, all he had to do was picking one that he like less and brought it to his team member to put in used for their assignment. On his way home, he saw the girl that he bump into this morning was looking around on their bump scene.

She was finding something that she dropped it when their accident occurred, she was pretty sure about it but she could not find it anywhere nearby until she saw a pair of shoes stop in front of her sight. She looked up and noticed that they was belong to the boy she met this morning.

“Oh hi, is you. What a coincident. We meet again, twice a day in the same place.”

“Yes. Are you finding something?” Yong Hwa asked but he thought he know what she was trying to find.

“I’m trying to find a book that I might drop it here this morning when we bump into each other. Do you, by any chance, saw it and maybe have it with you?” she really hoped that he has it because she could not find it anywhere.

“No, I don’t saw anything. Do you want me to help you to find it?” Yong Hwa lied to her; after all he was still a choding.

“No, thank you. I will find it myself.” She was disappointed with his answer. She then turn around and tried to walk away but stopped by a hand.

“Wait, Park Soo Yeong…” Yong Hwa quickly closed his mouth with his hands. He should not call her name out.

“How did you know my name? As I can remember, I didn’t tell you my name before.” She asked him with confuse voice.

“Hihi, actually I saw a name on this book and I guess this is your name, which is correct. Hihi, sorry for lied to you earlier.” Yong Hwa took the book that he was keeping all time long and hand it to her.

“Aish, how could you! I was really nervous that I can’t find it and I will be punished by teacher tomorrow. Anyway thank you for keeping it, if not it maybe thought as rubbish and been thrown away.” She took the book from Yong Hwa and hit Yong Hwa softly with the book before thank him.

“Ouch…” Yong Hwa let out a false pain. “Haha, never mind. By the way, my name is Yong Hwa, Jong Yong Hwa. Nice to meet you.” Yong Hwa handed up his hand to her, which she took it and shake it.

“Hi, nice to meet you too. Since you already knew my name, I don’t need to tell you again. Hihi.”

They walked home together after the introduction, and they talked all the way to Soo Yeong house, including their background, school and friends. They had become good friend in short time. Yong Hwa reached home quite late because his home was about four streets away from Soo Yeong’s house. He was so happy that day because he had made two new friends in two days; one was ‘Princess Seo’, a pen-pal, and Soo Yoong, who was like his younger sister. He did not aware that two pairs of eyes were watching him from his first step walk in home.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi, I update twice today(my country's time) because tomorrow i might busy packing my luggages for my saturday's trip to HK. I think i may not able to update while i'm there, so you might not able to see me around for few days. but i will try to update if i can get internet there, hopefully. Anyway, I will still continue writing, in my computer, if i can't get the internet, so i can update few chapter together when i'm back.

Back to the story, how do you think about my new character? She might be one of the most important character in this story and you will see her for more after this. hope you like it.

Again, pls leave a comment. i won't know what you think about this story if you don't comment it. And for the reader that leave comment(s) before, thank you again for your words.

See you!